This bullpen makes me want to ________

flsportsfan83

Oh wait, no.

I got it.

This bullpen makes me want to OVERREACT!

Why is it that when players who aren't any good get called that on this board after showing once again why they are no good get accused of over-reacting. I watched Pinto blow a lot of games last year and was shocked that he wasn't gotten rid of in the offseason. Maybe when sucky players show their true colors and (still undecided tonight) cost this team a W, some of us are just reacting.

I had to watch this game with the Mets announcers and they sounded shocked that Pinto could not find the strike zone. I'm shocked whenever he actually throws a strike.

Why is it that when players who aren't any good get called that on this board after showing once again why they are no good get accused of over-reacting. I watched Pinto blow a lot of games last year and was shocked that he wasn't gotten rid of in the offseason. Maybe when sucky players show their true colors and (still undecided tonight) cost this team a W, some of us are just reacting.

I had to watch this game with the Mets announcers and they sounded shocked that Pinto could not find the strike zone. I'm shocked whenever he actually throws a strike.

Because it's one game.

Because it's one game.

Pinto and Jose Veras walk guys. It's what they do. With that said, Pinto isn't as bad as this board makes him out to be. He just has his moments. And Fredi thinks he's better than Dan Meyer, unfortunately.

I really hope Veras isn't the setup guy. I don't even know why he made the team.

Because it's one game.

It's not just one game though. It's a pattern.

Because it's one game.

Pinto and Jose Veras walk guys. It's what they do. With that said, Pinto isn't as bad as this board makes him out to be. He just has his moments. And Fredi thinks he's better than Dan Meyer, unfortunately.

I really hope Veras isn't the setup guy. I don't even know why he made the team.

I didn't think Veras was that bad. Baker made an amazing play, but I think he should of had that pitch. Also, he got the muts to ground into a double play that was wasted my mr. uggla's throw....not to mention a few really bad calls by the ump. I think Veras has good stuff and will turn out to be a solid arm in a very unsolid bullpen.

And the love fest Fredi has with Pinto (which has been going on for years now) almost cost us another one.... Hitting a guy when you had him at an 0-2 count?!? so yeah, where the heck was meyer!!!!

I like our every day lineup, and I see our starting pitching as more or less holding up though no doubt there will be some shaky moments. But our bullpen is going to absolutely kill our season...Loria and that little toad Samson better give Beinfest the financial latitude to fix this problem.

Signing Kiko Calero and giving Veras the heave ho would be a good start. I would only bring Pinto in to start an inning, never with runners on base. His ERA is the most misleading stat I've ever seen, he'll let virtually every inherited base runner score. Nunez ? God this bullpen is a nightmare.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.