Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This bullpen makes me want to ________

Featured Replies

It just doesn't make sense to me why Jose Veras made the team. At least Pinto and Nunez have some sort of track record with us, and have bigger contracts.

Yeah, these kinds of performances by the bullpen are pretty much what I was afraid of going into the season.

Kiko Calero, who's fastball was topping at 85 this spring and who wasn't good enough to make the Mets?

 

 

Kiko throws a fastball?

Congratulations to Tim Wood on making the team and earning his first Major League save last night. He looked great.

leave the one I'm with and start a new relationship with... another pen.

 

 

Damnit! Are we long-lost brothers or something!?! I was going to say that!

I'm even more worried about the bullpen.

 

 

 

-----

 

It's only going to get worse. I feel like the bullpen will be the eventual downfall of the team unless they get some guys.

want to retract my 85 win prediction. I have ZERO faith in anyone of these guys outside of Meyer and Hop. No idea what tonight will bring. Nate has to throw eight solid. Good Grief!

want to retract my 85 win prediction. I have ZERO faith in anyone of these guys outside of Meyer and Hop. No idea what tonight will bring. Nate has to throw eight solid. Good Grief!

 

 

The problem is we haven't seen those 2 yet so there is no guarantee they will be any better...

...pull out my hair.

 

Then again, that is generally the bullpen's job for fans. Honestly, even if we had the best bullpen in baseball, if there was a runner on second, us up a run, and the pitcher walks a guy, so it is second and first, I would still probably be as stressed out.

Answer seems simple. The whole damn group needs to watch film of the bottom of the 10th. Throw your damn pitches, throw to contact and get outs. That is what Tim did last night. It's like Veras is afraid to throw a strike because he is afraid it will be hit. Pinto-we have seen this act all the time. No one knows where his pitches are coming from or going.

leave the one I'm with and start a new relationship with... another pen.

 

 

Damnit! Are we long-lost brothers or something!?! I was going to say that!

High five.

I'm really not that worried too be honest. It's two games in and relievers always have a harder time starting the season because they don't get much work in the spring. I don't think we'll have a great bullpen, but one that'll be good enough on most nights. If we're in the race around the trade deadline, I fully expect we'll pick up a closer.

this team could lose a lot more games in the next month or two, or they could just cut veras now

Pinto and Jose Veras walk guys. It's what they do. With that said, Pinto isn't as bad as this board makes him out to be. He just has his moments. And Fredi thinks he's better than Dan Meyer, unfortunately.

 

I really hope Veras isn't the setup guy. I don't even know why he made the team.

 

 

Pinto has his moments like a bar regular who has a tendency to turn violent from time to time when he gets drunk. Sure, he only occasionally starts a brawl in the bar, or breaks a few chairs and glasses. But how long should the owner of the bar put up with his antics before saying enough is enough and permanently banning the idiot?

Nate Robertson needs to go 6 innings tonight or else things could get ugly.

 

 

Or, you know, Badenhop could pitch a couple of innings.

Nate Robertson needs to go 6 innings tonight or else things could get ugly.

 

 

Or, you know, Badenhop could pitch a couple of innings.

 

And Hensley is available.

 

 

So is Meyer...if anything, our better relievers are available tonight.

I'm sure Pinto is available too, considering he's available everynight, and he only threw 16 pitches last night. Not sure if that made anyone feel better...but yeah.

Nate Robertson needs to go 6 innings tonight or else things could get ugly.

 

 

Or, you know, Badenhop could pitch a couple of innings.

 

"The Dragon" has been breathing fire tonight.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.