Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This bullpen makes me want to ________

Featured Replies

Hanley's looked fantastic defensively.

 

I wouldn't call him "fantastic" after that blunder he made today.

 

He had some pretty bad gaffes in the Mets series too. I seem to recall him throwing away a ball to first he should have held.

By the way, was Pinto booed during intros? That's just absurd.

 

 

 

Yeah, he was getting boo'd all night, I think.

During intros, they also almost forgot to say that Tim Wood was on the team. There was a pause after Volstad, and then they just said "and #64 Tim Wood."

By the way, was Pinto booed during intros? That's just absurd.

 

 

 

Yeah, he was getting boo'd all night, I think.

During intros, they also almost forgot to say that Tim Wood was on the team. There was a pause after Volstad, and then they just said "and #64 Tim Wood."

 

Yeah, I heard that haha. Stinks for TW.

 

The people who booed Pinto should be ashamed of themselves, or at the very least realize they are utter hypocrites if they want to pick on Philadelphia fans.

Hanley's looked fantastic defensively.

 

 

 

You mean the Hanley that has already bobbled a few balls, made a wild throw to second that cost us a run, and threw it 10 feet over Gaby's head when trying to make a play he never should have attempted?

 

The only player that has played well defensively has been Cody. Hanley, Gaby, Coghlan, Maybin, and Baker have all played like crap so far.

"I'm a believer in, run those guys out there and build their confidence. We can sit here and talk about how much confidence we have in that bullpen, but you have to show it. Those guys, the Pintos, the Verases, get ready to pitch, because you're going to be used."

Fantastic.

"I'm a believer in, run those guys out there and build their confidence. We can sit here and talk about how much confidence we have in that bullpen, but you have to show it. Those guys, the Pintos, the Verases, get ready to pitch, because you're going to be used."

Fantastic.

 

:censored

By the way, was Pinto booed during intros? That's just absurd.

 

 

 

Yeah, he was getting boo'd all night, I think.

During intros, they also almost forgot to say that Tim Wood was on the team. There was a pause after Volstad, and then they just said "and #64 Tim Wood."

 

Yeah, I heard that haha. Stinks for TW.

 

The people who booed Pinto should be ashamed of themselves, or at the very least realize they are utter hypocrites if they want to pick on Philadelphia fans.

 

sh*tty players who annoy fans should get booed. I was proud that the fans booed Pinto; I was one of them.

By the way, was Pinto booed during intros? That's just absurd.

 

 

 

Yeah, he was getting boo'd all night, I think.

During intros, they also almost forgot to say that Tim Wood was on the team. There was a pause after Volstad, and then they just said "and #64 Tim Wood."

 

Yeah, I heard that haha. Stinks for TW.

 

The people who booed Pinto should be ashamed of themselves, or at the very least realize they are utter hypocrites if they want to pick on Philadelphia fans.

 

sh*tty players who annoy fans should get booed. I was proud that the fans booed Pinto; I was one of them.

 

He's frustrating sure; but, he consistently puts up one of the best ERAs in the bullpen. And, he's on OUR team. What a joke.

 

Like I said, I shouldn't hear any Marlins fans annoyed at getting hate from other fans, sports writers, etc. when you don't even support your own guys on friekin' opening night.

"I'm a believer in, run those guys out there and build their confidence. We can sit here and talk about how much confidence we have in that bullpen, but you have to show it. Those guys, the Pintos, the Verases, get ready to pitch, because you're going to be used."

Fantastic.

 

Ah yes...the worse you play...the more you get to play.

By the way, was Pinto booed during intros? That's just absurd.

 

 

 

Yeah, he was getting boo'd all night, I think.

During intros, they also almost forgot to say that Tim Wood was on the team. There was a pause after Volstad, and then they just said "and #64 Tim Wood."

 

Yeah, I heard that haha. Stinks for TW.

 

The people who booed Pinto should be ashamed of themselves, or at the very least realize they are utter hypocrites if they want to pick on Philadelphia fans.

 

sh*tty players who annoy fans should get booed. I was proud that the fans booed Pinto; I was one of them.

 

He's frustrating sure; but, he consistently puts up one of the best ERAs in the bullpen. And, he's on OUR team. What a joke.

 

Like I said, I shouldn't hear any Marlins fans annoyed at getting hate from other fans, sports writers, etc. when you don't even support your own guys on friekin' opening night.

 

People are pissed off, what do you expect? People aren't going to cheer extra hard to cheer Pinto up after he ruined a game, that's for sure. You may say he's on our team, but others can say he's ruining the team.

 

You can't say that people who boo terrible players can't get mad when sportswriters beat on the team - that makes no sense. While you may have a point at saying that those people shouldn't criticize the Phillies or Mets for booing their own players, you have to take into account the circumstances. Booing Johan Santana for popping up after dominating is over the top and should be criticized by anyone.

"I'm a believer in, run those guys out there and build their confidence. We can sit here and talk about how much confidence we have in that bullpen, but you have to show it. Those guys, the Pintos, the Verases, get ready to pitch, because you're going to be used."

Fantastic.

 

:censored

Not surprised in the least. "We've got to get them right" or some variance, is one of Fredi's favorite cliches.

Well this year looks like another 2007. Anyone of superstar caliber to be had with the 1st pick in this years draft ?

Well this year looks like another 2007. Anyone of superstar caliber to be had with the 1st pick in this years draft ?

 

I understand you are a troll, but you should probably do this when the Marlins lose.

 

---

 

Bullpen will settle down. Just be glad the offense can pick them up will it happens. Great win.

He's frustrating sure; but, he consistently puts up one of the best ERAs in the bullpen. And, he's on OUR team. What a joke.

 

Like I said, I shouldn't hear any Marlins fans annoyed at getting hate from other fans, sports writers, etc. when you don't even support your own guys on friekin' opening night.

 

I concede that Pinto is not really as bad of a pitcher as he has been this season, but one should acknowledge that ERA is a terrible indicator.

 

Pinto has been giving up runs that he inherited. He has been abysmal so far this season but only has one ER charged to him.

 

He had a decent ERA last season (3.23) but that is deceiving when he has a WHIP of 1.60, which is absolutely terrible.

 

I may not go as far as wanting to boo him, but I certainly was hoping the Marlins would have dumped him in the offseason along with Lindstrom.

You shouldn't concede anything when it comes to Pinto, he's pitched atrociously for the Marlins regardless of what the numbers say. In fact he's the poster child for your eyes "aren't" lieing to you.

 

Go beyond his stat line and look at his gamelog for 2009 and how many games he gave up one or more runs and then if you aren't feeling pukey yet check out his inherited runners scored. You may want to find a rail, some tar and feathers and a AAA roadmap out of town.

Pinto's inherited runners stat last year was pretty much average. He actually pitched much better with people on base. And his gamelogs will just tell you what we already know...that he's inconsistent. Just like he has these stretches, he's also had plenty of stretches in his career where he's been good for us in our pen. As in, lots of consecutive scoreless outings good.

He's frustrating sure; but, he consistently puts up one of the best ERAs in the bullpen. And, he's on OUR team. What a joke.

 

Like I said, I shouldn't hear any Marlins fans annoyed at getting hate from other fans, sports writers, etc. when you don't even support your own guys on friekin' opening night.

 

I concede that Pinto is not really as bad of a pitcher as he has been this season, but one should acknowledge that ERA is a terrible indicator.

 

Pinto has been giving up runs that he inherited. He has been abysmal so far this season but only has one ER charged to him.

 

He had a decent ERA last season (3.23) but that is deceiving when he has a WHIP of 1.60, which is absolutely terrible.

 

I may not go as far as wanting to boo him, but I certainly was hoping the Marlins would have dumped him in the offseason along with Lindstrom.

 

The ERA comment is fair. I think WHIP undervalues him, though. His true "value" is somewhere in between what his ERA and WHIP would indicate IMO.

 

And as Erick said, last year his inherited runners scored stat was roughly average.

 

Regardless, I think booing him is in poor taste. Of course, each fan can do what he wants, but it's not something I would do in the pregame on Opening Day. If he f*s up during a game in September, then it's fine. But I do think this timing is in bad taste.

If Pinto was playing for New York or Chicago, he would have stuff thrown at him. I sure as hell did not cheer for him when he was introduced. However, I felt kind of bad for him after he was heckled big time in the bullpen.

He's frustrating sure; but, he consistently puts up one of the best ERAs in the bullpen. And, he's on OUR team. What a joke.

 

Like I said, I shouldn't hear any Marlins fans annoyed at getting hate from other fans, sports writers, etc. when you don't even support your own guys on friekin' opening night.

 

I agree, I don't believe in booing your own team, even if you dislike their players. I hate Jose Veras but I won't boo him.

 

And as Erick said, last year his inherited runners scored stat was roughly average.

 

That was last year for the record, when is inherited runners scored percentage was 30%, which incidentally is league average. Career wise he's at 27%.

This team is the leading cause of high blood pressure in South Florida. That being said, they'll get it together.

He's frustrating sure; but, he consistently puts up one of the best ERAs in the bullpen. And, he's on OUR team. What a joke.

 

Like I said, I shouldn't hear any Marlins fans annoyed at getting hate from other fans, sports writers, etc. when you don't even support your own guys on friekin' opening night.

 

I agree, I don't believe in booing your own team, even if you dislike their players. I hate Jose Veras but I won't boo him.being booed isn't a good motivator? I think it would motivate me, especially since its justified. I agree you don't boo your own team the way Philly fans do, but how could it be bad when its justified?

I'm not really going to blame Fredi here. The FO gave him these guys to work with, as bad as they are, and he doesn't have any control over that.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.