What part of catcher do you not understand?

rferry

You catch the ball, and if you can't you keep it in front or near by.

I'm sick and tired of hearing 'ball skips past LoDuca' or seeing it with my own eyes.

His offense more than makes up though. :confused

888397[/snapback]

Maybe his offense and defense don't justify the Marlins giving him the contract they did, but his clubhouse leadership sure does!

:plain

I'm sick and tired of hearing 'ball skips past LoDuca' or seeing it with my own eyes.

888397[/snapback]

Maybe his offense and defense don't justify the Marlins giving him the contract they did, but his clubhouse leadership sure does!

888428[/snapback]

The Dodgers gave him the contract, we merely inherited it :thumbup .

888397[/snapback]

888428[/snapback]

888448[/snapback]

what?

didnt we give him a 3 year $18mil extension?

888397[/snapback]

888428[/snapback]

888448[/snapback]

what?

888453[/snapback]

When did this happen??? I thought Lo Duca had something like 2 or 3 years left on his contract when we got him.

I'm probably wrong.

People always say things like, "Let's see you do better", but we aren't professional baseball players so we naturally can't be expected to do better. People always use this excuse in defense of sports players, but why not other jobs? When people complain about Bill Gates's mistakes, do we say, "Let's see you do better"? I certainly never hear anyone say that in defense of our presidents. :mischief2

888397[/snapback]

888428[/snapback]

888448[/snapback]

what?

888453[/snapback]

When did this happen??? I thought Lo Duca had something like 2 or 3 years left on his contract when we got him.

I'm probably wrong.

888473[/snapback]

Remember that Loria said last year that LoDuca was not going to be a summer rental, so during the offseason they signed him to a 3 year, 18 million dollar contract.

no need to place blame on people for losses. duca did not lose last nights game. jack did with his questionable bullpen moves. duca is a top 5 catcher in the NL and we should be lucky to have him compared to teams like the d-backs who have Koy Hill

shame on you. duca is a true asset for the fish

If you look at one game or one play over the course of a season there would be plenty of reasons to complain about every player. LoDuca overall is one of the better catchers in the NL, not the best but one of the best. He more than compensates with his bat, his attitude and intensity for any errors or passed balls. If catching was so easy Carlos Delgado would still be one.

How quickly we forget all the games hes won with his clutch hitting huh?

888550[/snapback]

yep! and alot of crappy ass fans on this site too quick to make excuses for losses. look how many games paulie has won for us compared to his snafu's at the plate. would you rather have mike piazza behind the plate? i think not.

you take the good with the bad, and he is not that bad at Defense anyways

888586[/snapback]

agreed. we are lucky with our catcher situation. there are alot worse. paulie gives it 110% everytime. total gamer and should not be blamed for losses. some very poor decisions were made last night and last i checked paulie isnt the old man in the dugout sucking on dirty cigars