Joe Dillon to Japan?

gomarlins9703

WTF? How do we deal a player from an American league to a Japenese leauge. I've heard of washed up players going to Japan as free agents but never a trade. The Marlins would give up a great player too. I hope Dillion goes nowhere :banghead .

Marlins have his contract so if a Japanese team wants him, they have to negotiate. Usually "trades" between Japan & USA are more about a payoff to buy the player. There's a process for it thats been developed in the past few years

I think we all like and appreciate Dillon and his story of comeback, and I think he could have been valuable depth if we had stayed contenders for 2006. However, at this phase of the rebuilding process he would only blcok the development and playing time of younger players. So why not make a profit in his sale to Japan? I'm assuming we get monetary considerations for this transaction, which may not be the case.

Not in our future. However terrible we may or may not be, we aren't in the business of giving roster spots away. Dillon wasn't a sure bet to win a starting job, or even bench spot next year. Let him go where he has a greater chance of playing and to a team where he can make an impact.