tonights crowd

It's a shame that the game wasn't ever close and the Marlins lost with such a big crowd. It's night's like this, when you have a big crowd, that you can get some Sox fans or casual fans to come out again if the home team plays well and makes the game competitive.

You mean like Friday night?

:D

As embarrassing as it is to see your ballpark turn into Fenway/Shea/Yankee Stadium south, this series might help keep our average attendance in the 5-digit range.

Before yesterday's game, our average attendance had whittled down to an atrocious 10,917 per game.

Now our average is back up to a disgusting 12,225.

It's a shame that the game wasn't ever close and the Marlins lost with such a big crowd. It's night's like this, when you have a big crowd, that you can get some Sox fans or casual fans to come out again if the home team plays well and makes the game competitive.

You're absolutely correct. Hopefully we can scratch out a win tomorrow and make the best of this.

btw, it seemed via the instacam like we had marlins and stadium personell there all night last night. Anyone who was at the games know what, if anything, the orginization is doing differently this weekend to accomodate the abnormally learg crowds?

More concession stands are open on the 100 level. They have barricades put up to seperate the crowds at the ticket windows from the fans that already have tickets going into Gate F. I would imagine the other gates are doing the same thing. I noticed they have been checking tickets a little more rigidly at all the entrances to the seats. Saturday night parking was very different but that was because of the great fireworks display after the game. That's about all I noticed.

some questions are better left unanswered. I'm going tomorrow and got one of the few open lower deck seats

Wonder if you got the tix I turned in. Sundays we trade our season tix in for ones in Power Alley to be out of the sun.

btw, it seemed via the instacam like we had marlins and stadium personell there all night last night. Anyone who was at the games know what, if anything, the orginization is doing differently this weekend to accomodate the abnormally learg crowds?

More concession stands are open on the 100 level. They have barricades put up to seperate the crowds at the ticket windows from the fans that already have tickets going into Gate F. I would imagine the other gates are doing the same thing. I noticed they have been checking tickets a little more rigidly at all the entrances to the seats. Saturday night parking was very different but that was because of the great fireworks display after the game. That's about all I noticed.

some questions are better left unanswered. I'm going tomorrow and got one of the few open lower deck seats

Wonder if you got the tix I turned in. Sundays we trade our season tix in for ones in Power Alley to be out of the sun.

What section?

It was also nice to see someone with K Signs last night...it was a real baseball atmosphere.

38,014! Wow!

Discuss

Is that our attendence for the year?...lol I am glad our Baby Marlins will get a chance to play before a fullhouse finally...they have been overdue. BTW i am predicting a W today

Depends on how many Red Sox made it to South Beach last night :D

Actually I was impressed that even in the blowout, Marlins fans again held their own noise-wise in the stadium. Either that or the Red Sox fans were more subdued than Friday night. I was really impressed with the grittiness of our team scratching out five runs in what could have been a lay down.

Yes we lost, we lost big, but when you watch Jacobs hobbling around, Uggla stretched out attempting an impossible play way behind 2nd base or Amezega still playing after being crippled by a pitch, you get a sense of how these guys are clawing their way to respectability and ultimately success.

I went Saturday night - third row Sec 449.

My observation was that Marlins dressed fans outnumbered Sawx about 3 to 1. Surprisingly, the Yanks were next, about 1/3 of Sawx.

Sawx fans make about 3X the noise of Marlins fans. So, noise-wise, it was about equal.

Almost everyone stayed for the blowout, to watch the excellent fireworks. Sawx fans were not abusive or over-celebratory. Everybody got along real well.

I did wish I had made up a sign that said "2 Rings - 97 & 03", just for the enjoyment of our rivals.