Get Bernie Williams!

Might not be a bad idea. It's not that he'll be the same Bernie of old but his track record might be something this club lacks, and it could be the true key to the puzzle to win now. I doubt it'll happen, but with the way Loria works who knows, aren't there other teams that need to fill the same need whether it'll be on the bench or a starting centerfielder? I doubt the Yankees let him go though, seems to me that Bernie is one of those blue collar players that belong in pinstripes.

Forget about it........ Bernie will most likely hang it up......... you know he's also got some guitar thing going on..... he released his own album a couple years back.

Not that he wouldn't be a good addition he's still got a fairly good bat (look at his numbers in limited role) and his defense wont kill you.......... IF he goes anywhere besides NY (and i VERY VERY highly doubt it) it will be an AL team.

Guarantee Bernie would play a better LF than Willingham and a better RF than Hermierda. Likely a pretty expensive pickup though.

I heard that Dave Parker, Andre Dawson, and Cesar Geronimo are all available too.

They can't hit .323 with a .529 SLG % against lefties anymore.

In 2005 his numbers against lefties were .231/.305/.286.

Against righties last year he was .261/.305/.383.

Lets say his numbers against lefties are somewhere in between his 2005 and 2006 seasons, something like .270/.340/.400. That's still not spectacular. He's still been poor against righties the last two years. All this and you have to account for those numbers to decline noticeably since he's approaching 40.