Marlins Release Sergio Mitre

canada-marlin24

not surprising, he would've wanted money he didn't deserve in Free agency, he gave us a good 2nd half last year, best of luck to ya pirate master, and most importantly this means an avatar change for Rab

Actually the second half of 2007 was when he went through most of his struggles. Through the first half of that season he was our most dependable arm.

not surprising, he would've wanted money he didn't deserve in Free agency, he gave us a good 2nd half last year, best of luck to ya pirate master, and most importantly this means an avatar change for Rab

Actually the second half of 2007 was when he went through most of his struggles. Through the first half of that season he was our most dependable arm.

I remember he had like a 2.66 ERA after the first half, and he ended with a 4.65 ERA. I guess u are correct

He must be really hurt and not going to be ready for spring training.

Exactly. I don't think they would have tossed him to the curb if he was progressing nicely. I think he would have been a valuable long reliever/spot starter if one of our guys struggled and a perfect sacrificial lamb so as not to harm a young guy in our system. Plus, he wouldn't have been the worst #5 starter ever if a starter got injured. Best of luck to him.

Well, he did have TJ surgery. He will not be able to pitch until 2010.

Normal recovery time for TJ is 12-18 months. I thought I read somewhere that he had the surgery in June or July. Not everyone can pull a JJ, but if he recovers at a reasonable pace he could be pitching in real games in August of 09. The Marlins proabably weren't willing to wait that long for something so uncertain.