Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pedro Talking With Marlins

Featured Replies

but it is great that Karim went from being a ball player to an ESPN correspondent.

 

Good for him, he should win a Pulitzer.

There is always the chance Pedro is "talking" to the Marlins before his scheduled discussions with Omar Minaya next week and nothing more.

  • Author

There is always the chance Pedro is "talking" to the Marlins before his scheduled discussions with Omar Minaya next week and nothing more.

 

 

And there is also always the chance that this is serious.

There is always the chance Pedro is "talking" to the Marlins before his scheduled discussions with Omar Minaya next week and nothing more.

 

 

And there is also always the chance that this is serious.

 

Yes there is but if you went and looked at the Roto news link I posted it's hard to ignore something like the three or four blurbs previous to this revelation were about Pedro and Minaya meeting after Martinez extolled the virtues of being a Met and why he became one.

 

But in truth I don't know what's really going on, I was just throwing that out as a possibility.

Speaking of Pedro and pitchers generally, Barry Jackson will be breaking news that the Marlins have some unsourced interest in Keith Foulke and Pedro "would love" to pitch here but the Marlins have spurned his advances.

I dont know about this Pedro signing. He is always injured. His arm is falling apart. We will never use him if his arm craps out. I mean, having him on the rotation would be nice but I dont see the point if he is just going to get injured again. I know its hard to predict these sort of things but, lets be honest, his arm isnt what it used to be

! lets get Pedro!!! Something tells me he got something left in the tank!!! he will own the mutts all season!!!!!!

I dont know about this Pedro signing. He is always injured. His arm is falling apart. We will never use him if his arm craps out. I mean, having him on the rotation would be nice but I dont see the point if he is just going to get injured again. I know its hard to predict these sort of things but, lets be honest, his arm isnt what it used to be

He hasn't had much speed on his pitches for a while now but he knows how to pitch.

If it is for a reasonable amount, then I think it would be an interesting chance to take. I say go for it.

Im 50-50 here. Ill be happy with or without him.

 

May I also say that I wouldnt expect it to be an expensive contract at all.

 

No MLB player dares to negotiate with the Marlins thinking they will get money. If the reports are true, its obvious he just wants to be here.

Jesus Cristo. Pedro has been washed up for a number of years now. Just stop the nonsense. I'm still on board with sending Cantu to the Giants for a real arm ... Jonathan Sanchez .. the added lefty starter the Marlins need. Third base would be McPherson's job to lose.

Jesus Cristo. Pedro has been washed up for a number of years now. Just stop the nonsense. I'm still on board with sending Cantu to the Giants for a real arm ... Jonathan Sanchez .. the added lefty starter the Marlins need. Third base would be McPherson's job to lose.

 

 

LOL That's the only way he could get it.

I don't know if Pedro is the answer but I definitely think Miller could use another year in the minors.

 

Would an all-righty rotation not have a few negative aspects?

I don't know if Pedro is the answer but I definitely think Miller could use another year in the minors.

 

Would an all-righty rotation not have a few negative aspects?

Sure. But that doesn't mean you ruin the future of a potentially dominant lefty (any more than the Tigers have already ruined him) just to get a southpaw into the rotation. He's still just 23.

I thought Miller really came on at the end of last year.

----------

 

Back on topic: i would love to have Pedro. If we can turn him around, like we seem to do to everyone else. Wow.

I FAVOR THIS SIGNING, GET IT DONE BEINFEST. CAN ANYONE PLEASE EMAIL HIM!! NOW.

I will get right on that, but first I need to email the President with plans for a new Bailout and email Hamas and Israel leaders on my peace plan.

 

:whistle

Ehhhh this move isnt one that I would like to see, I rather go out and get a catcher... But I guess we'll see what happens, I imagine he signs with the Mets

Ehhhh this move isnt one that I would like to see, I rather go out and get a catcher... But I guess we'll see what happens, I imagine he signs with the Mets

 

Aint anything saying we dont get both

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.