April 18, 200917 yr This was friggin' insane. I wasn't getting the game on TV (Tallahassee Comcast douches again), but I was checking the score until the 9th, when I had things to do, and I assumed that we weren't going to come back with just three outs left behind 3 runs. Boy, was I wrong. Just 30 minutes ago I checked my phone score update and saw that it was 6-6 in the Top of the 11th. Needless to say, my reaction was, WTF?? Then I saw Hermida suddenly go yard on Ledezma and the only thing I could say was NO. WAY. The Marlins are clearly made up of undead players, since we NEVER DIE. :thumbup
April 18, 200917 yr HUGE PROPS to Fredi. But also Mark wiley- our pitching coach who has our make shift bullpen pitching flawless! Beinfest is the best GM in baseball- Even if he isn't anymore- great FO overall! He goes out and gets Ross Gload and Paulino. Bonfacio is better than Olsen and Willingham no matter what he ends up with this year. His bullpen consists of Calero, Penn, and Meyer. He gets Cantu and Ross off waivers. He gets Wes Helms for $1. He gets Hanley Ramirez. Uggla rule 5 draft pick. He picks up John Baker off waivers. AND WE HAVE THE LOWEST PAYROLL IN BASEBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelivable- just crazy!
April 18, 200917 yr -JJ didnt have his stuff till the 3rd inning, he did a great job gettin it together after 6 runs in the first two innings. -What another great performance by the bullpen, im so proud of them. :thumbup -Ive always been more of a hater than a supporter of Jeremy Hermida, ive always pulled for the guy but he has let me down way too many times. But today, wow, outstanding...i give him a tip of the cap. He really showed what he can do in today's game. -10-1 i cant believe it...this marlins team is magical, they stay in the game, they find ways to win. -i told my cousin who said he isnt shaving till the fish lose to get his shaving cream ready. I said no way their closer blows it in back-to-back games. Jeremy, im sorry i didnt have the faith in you. :notworthy Marlins Win Again, I love it.
April 18, 200917 yr Oh no JJ's ERA is up to 2.91. The god doth bleed. Just kidding. I hope he got it out of his system. Maybe he was just nervous facing his buddy Olsen.
April 18, 200917 yr I can't remember the last time someone handed the Marlins two games like these back to back. Generally I'd say professional ballplayers are able to shrug off loses like this, maybe it lingers for a day or two, but this really has to shatter whatever confidence this club had after beating Phillie. They ought rehire Bowden so they can fire him all over again. Wow!
April 18, 200917 yr who ever think we were going start 10-1 nooooo one espn ,mlb network who have us in 4 place next to national CANNNNNNNNN YOUUUUUUUU FEEEEEL WHAT MARLINS ARE COOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 18, 200917 yr The Nats must be saying right now... what the hell do we have to do to beat this freaking team! and then another would say... did...did that just really happen?
April 18, 200917 yr This is a tie between the bullpen and Hermida, we wouldn't have done it with any of the two.
April 18, 200917 yr Sometimes good things happen when you have a can of 11th Inning Magic (Edgar Renteria World Series Tested, Hermida Approved)
April 18, 200917 yr The Nats must be saying right now... what the hell do we have to do to beat this freaking team! and then another would say... did...did that just really happen? It's nice to be on the other side of this. I remember feeling that way about the Phillies for a long time (a few years back)
April 18, 200917 yr The Nats must be saying right now... what the hell do we have to do to beat this freaking team! and then another would say... did...did that just really happen? It's nice to be on the other side of this. I remember feeling that way about the Phillies for a long time (a few years back) yea when they beat us 5 straight?
April 18, 200917 yr Acta is a horrible manager. no he just has a horrible staff. That pen outside of Beimel and Tavarez is awful.
April 18, 200917 yr I feel bad for Manny Acta but he's going to lose his job very soon. :notworthy I agree, but let's see what kind of organization the Nationals are. The Marlins suffered the same kind of thing not so long ago and we stuck but our manager.
April 18, 200917 yr Before the season began, there was some guy on the Mets message board saying how the Marlins would finish last place with 97 losses behind the Nationals.
April 18, 200917 yr I had a late night...um... morning....but I was watching the game....reading the board like I always try to do. In the 7th inning(still down 6-3)...I dozed off, I left the computer on so I could listen. When I woke up...clicked on the computer just as the game ended....Cripes, I thought I was dreaming and they had the wrong score put up. Kudos to JJ(stayed for 6 innings after a tough 1st inning)....bullpen again shut the door....then Hermida....surely the shining star today. I know people are thinking that it's just the Nats....but a win is a win....sure we'll face better teams....which makes(to me) these games against teams we should beat very important....10-1 wow...
April 18, 200917 yr I hope when the fish come back home the crowds vs the phillies are all 20,000+ i mean people have to notice this team is 10-1!!!!!!!!!!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.