The Teal Monster is no more!

jsprt05

Well, while the reasons seem appropriate enough... now that wall has no purpose and seems like its just advertisements for the sake of advertisements. Stupid.

Well, the reason for the wall wasn't because it was cool, it was because they needed something to cover up the folded up section of seats. It's still serving it's main purpose. I can't really blame either organization, the Dolphins or the Marlins, for not wanting to put money into it.

Well, while the reasons seem appropriate enough... now that wall has no purpose and seems like its just advertisements for the sake of advertisements. Stupid.

Well, the reason for the wall wasn't because it was cool, it was because they needed something to cover up the folded up section of seats. It's still serving it's main purpose. I can't really blame either organization, the Dolphins or the Marlins, for not wanting to put money into it.

Although I agree 100%, I still miss the scoreboard. It was frustrating at times when things weren't working, but it was still nice to have. I always checked it out when I first entered the stadium to see the line ups for that night. The original manual one was way cooler. I think I'll miss it more as the end of the season nears and I want to do a quick scoreboard glance for playoff implications. But I suppose I can get used to using our own "gadgets" to do all that with. In other words, real life will mirror the game...We will adjust to the adjustments.

On other notes....I like the new Marlins song. Well done. I didn't notice any names being used, so this is a song that can be "long lasting", for lack of a better term. I also like the "Marlins Strike Out Meter." About time. I emailed them several times about doing something like that, usually right after a Tampa trip while it was fresh on my mind. Also did the same thing about keeping track of pitch counts and updated ERA's before they started doing it last year. Not taking personal credit for either but I do think enough voices were heard and it made a difference. The "Q Squad" has moved, but probably because of the attendance figures more than anything.

i remember few time it didnt work last year i bet was old tech that dont want fix up but i do miss score of NL and AL Rabbethan i saw you talking to BroncoBob27 i was row 6 section 127

Rab usually looks me up before or during a game.

BTW Rab...If we still aren't clear on Gaby...... I have no hate for him. Just don't like his glove and I don't expect much glove work from him. I'll give him some time, hope he improves, and just realize it's what we have right now. Nice bat so far, just dosen't bring much defense to the table. He won't be a regular on Web Gems. Much like how I feel about Baker. I want Logan to get his bat together and make the squad, much like I would like to see a catcher in here with a decent bat AND good glove.

I think either team, Dolphins or Marlins could get some company to pay for the repairs and use their name on it, like so much stadiums around the country, you hear it all the time, you go into other stadiums and hear the PA announcers say, something like "Look out at the PEPSI or some other product name scoreboard", i really think the owners don't care to much about the fans, JMO

i remember few time it didnt work last year i bet was old tech that dont want fix up but i do miss score of NL and AL Rabbethan i saw you talking to BroncoBob27 i was row 6 section 127

Rab usually looks me up before or during a game.

BTW Rab...If we still aren't clear on Gaby...... I have no hate for him. Just don't like his glove and I don't expect much glove work from him. I'll give him some time, hope he improves, and just realize it's what we have right now. Nice bat so far, just dosen't bring much defense to the table. He won't be a regular on Web Gems. Much like how I feel about Baker. I want Logan to get his bat together and make the squad, much like I would like to see a catcher in here with a decent bat AND good glove.

:notworthy :thumbup

Via Miami Herald:

Marlins spokesperson P.J. Loyello told me tonight that the reason the scoreboard was replaced with advertising was because they no longer manufactured the parts needed to repair the board to keep it operating properly. There have been quite a few problems with it the past couple of years.

"We are looking at other possible ways to get the out of town scores together and displayed in a way that's better than we have," said team president David Samson when I asked him if the team was looking into alternative plans. "To do a whole new board, it's millions (of dollars)."

Although I agree 100%, I still miss the scoreboard. It was frustrating at times when things weren't working, but it was still nice to have. I always checked it out when I first entered the stadium to see the line ups for that night. The original manual one was way cooler. I think I'll miss it more as the end of the season nears and I want to do a quick scoreboard glance for playoff implications. But I suppose I can get used to using our own "gadgets" to do all that with. In other words, real life will mirror the game...We will adjust to the adjustments.

On other notes....I like the new Marlins song. Well done. I didn't notice any names being used, so this is a song that can be "long lasting", for lack of a better term. I also like the "Marlins Strike Out Meter." About time. I emailed them several times about doing something like that, usually right after a Tampa trip while it was fresh on my mind. Also did the same thing about keeping track of pitch counts and updated ERA's before they started doing it last year. Not taking personal credit for either but I do think enough voices were heard and it made a difference. The "Q Squad" has moved, but probably because of the attendance figures more than anything.

Yeah, I agree with pretty much all of this. Especially about the lineups; I always checked the lineups on that scoreboard for years before games started, so it's kinda weird not to see them there, anymore.

The Teal Monster died for me when they dropped the hand-changed numbers in favor of digital ones.

Agreed. It's never been the same since.

I have to admit I don't even remember that scoreboard.

You are probably too young to really remember it. I believe we only had it for a couple years. It gave the ball park that old time feel.

Yeah, I agree with pretty much all of this. Especially about the lineups; I always checked the lineups on that scoreboard for years before games started, so it's kinda weird not to see them there, anymore.

Now see if ya all remember this..........Back in the days of the manual scoreboard they had the line ups posted on the pillars at the top of the ramps on the 100 level. Kinda like you see at the minor league parks. This wouldn't replace that scoreboard, but it's at least something. Think I'll send a note to David about doing that.

Something to think about......This is our first home stand. I'm sure they expected alot of flak about the scoreboard thing, and rightfully so. Let's see how they adjust to the "pressure" for our next home stand.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.