Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jorge Cantu and Matt Treanor going to postseason?

Featured Replies

Well in this case, why don't we just list every former Marlin that's going that hasn't been said? :p

 

Carl Pavano [Twins]

A.J. Burnett [Yanks]

Ross Gload [Phillies]

Arthur Rhodes [Reds]

 

Anyone else I'm missing?

Well in this case, why don't we just list every former Marlin that's going that hasn't been said? :p

 

Carl Pavano [Twins]

A.J. Burnett [Yanks]

Ross Gload [Phillies]

Arthur Rhodes [Reds]

 

Anyone else I'm missing?

 

Former Marlins players/coaches on rosters/coaching staffs of the post-season teams not listed before include:

Mitre with Yanks along with Girardi and Harkey, Twins have Mahay, but he's on the 60 day DL, Rangers also have Darren Oliver.

In the NL the Phils have Hoover and coach Dubee, Braves Cristhian Martinez, Sea Bass, DLee and Pendleton, Giants have Mota, Renteria and coach Mark Gardner.

Damn, if only we still had all of these players, we'd SO be in the Playoffs!!

I came up with a quick list. Asterisks mark those who might not make the playoff roster. I left off anyone who will definitely not make it.

 

Yankees

AJ Burnett

Sergio Mitre*

 

Twins

Carl Pavano

 

Rangers

Jorge Cantu

Matt Treanor

Darren Oliver

 

Philles

Ross Gload

 

Red

Arthur Rhodes

 

Giants

Guillermo Mota

Edgar Renteria

Cody Ross

 

Braves

Derrek Lee

Alez Gonzalez

Cristhian Martinez*

I came up with a quick list. Asterisks mark those who might not make the playoff roster. I left off anyone who will definitely not make it.

 

Yankees

AJ Burnett

Sergio Mitre*

 

Twins

Carl Pavano

 

Rangers

Jorge Cantu

Matt Treanor

Darren Oliver

 

Philles

Ross Gload

 

Red

Arthur Rhodes

 

Giants

Guillermo Mota

Edgar Renteria

Cody Ross

 

Braves

Derrek Lee

Alez Gonzalez

Cristhian Martinez*

 

Renteria is not going to be on the Giants playoff roster....

First...

Man, I haven't seen you post in forever!

 

 

Second, I bet he'll be there. I don't see why Renteria wouldn't be on the roster now that he's healthy. Most (read: All) reports I've read expect him to be on the roster. (I did do a little research for this, ya dig?)

 

Of course we don't know until they show it off, but we'll see.

I came up with a quick list. Asterisks mark those who might not make the playoff roster. I left off anyone who will definitely not make it.

 

Yankees

AJ Burnett

Sergio Mitre*

 

Twins

Carl Pavano

 

Rangers

Jorge Cantu

Matt Treanor

Darren Oliver

 

Philles

Ross Gload

 

Red

Arthur Rhodes

 

Giants

Guillermo Mota

Edgar Renteria

Cody Ross

 

Braves

Derrek Lee

Alez Gonzalez

Cristhian Martinez*

 

Renteria is not going to be on the Giants playoff roster....

 

Welcome back old friend. I agree with Rabb Renteria will be on the roster for certain IMO

Nice bat off the bench to the very least

First...

Man, I haven't seen you post in forever!

 

 

Second, I bet he'll be there. I don't see why Renteria wouldn't be on the roster now that he's healthy. Most (read: All) reports I've read expect him to be on the roster. (I did do a little research for this, ya dig?)

 

Of course we don't know until they show it off, but we'll see.

 

I'll be surprised if Renteria makes the playoff roster... Giants are going to carry 13 position players and 12 pitchers...Posey and Whiteside will be the catchers, Burrell, Torres, Ross, Schierholtz. and likely Guillen will be the outfielders... that leaves two spots to back up Huff, Sanchez, Sandoval, and Uribe... Fontenot will be there because he can play anywhere on the infield, and Ishikawa will likely get the last spot as he's more valuable as a pinch hitter...

Renteria was healthy the last week on the season and still only played one game

I also want to point out that Mota only has a 50% chance of making the playoff roster... there's two open spots on the pitching staff, and it's between four guys (Zito, Mota, Chris Ray and Runzler)

The Giants are going with 14 position players and 11 pitchers. It's looking to be between Rowand and Renteria. We'll see what happens.

 

Also, it's worth mentioning that Sergio Mitre will indeed be in the playoffs!

Damn, if only we still had all of these players, we'd SO be in the Playoffs!!

 

 

I guess an NFL team should sign trent dilfer...... superbowl!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.