ESPN fires Joe Morgan and Jon Miller

gizmo

Joe Morgan is the worst announcer ever. Thank God.

Tim McCarver says "Howdy!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

McCarver is the Joe Theisman of baseball announcers, Morgan at worst is boring but his insight in the game is a million times better than McCarver.

Miller is one of the games best, hopefully TBS hires him to do their game of the week and then we get to listen in the post-season

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

McCarver is the Joe Theisman of baseball announcers, Morgan at worst is boring but his insight in the game is a million times better than McCarver.

Miller is one of the games best, hopefully TBS hires him to do their game of the week and then we get to listen in the post-season

LOL, like this?

That's crazy.

Jon Miller was the best PBP guy after Vin Scully. Joe Morgan was the worst color guy after Tim McCaver. They should have tried to split up the pair.

I'd love to see Fox fire Joe Buck and replace him with Miller. Hopefully that could be done without hiring Morgan (obviously McCarver should be fired too and replaced with someone completely new).

I bet the ESPN decision was ratings motivated (I'm not aware of them being down though). Hopefully Fox will try new announcers with their national event ratings (ASG and WS) lowering.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

:lol

Morgan was the absolute most garbage color man of all time.. and that's including TIm McCarver. Throw in he is a gigantic prick with no personality and you have joe morgan. Clueless that guy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Morgan was the absolute most garbage color man of all time.. and that's including TIm McCarver. Throw in he is a gigantic prick with no personality and you have joe morgan. Clueless that guy

Yeah. Choosing between McCarver and Morgan is like choosing between the firing squad and the electric chair.

It really amazes me that the worst announcers are the ones who get the national broadcasts these days.

Yeah, he just says really stupid things and places a compulsive emphasis on the intangible, the non-statistical, and has biases toward certain types of players (in his case, black players). He's basically the BroncoBob of broadcasting, except a bit better mannered.

I thought I was the only one who realized this.

He says some incredibly stupid things, and most of the time, he's defending the black player. I remember him saying this year that he thought Ryan Howard was the most underrated player in baseball.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Yeah. Choosing between McCarver and Morgan is like choosing between the firing squad and the electric chair.

It really amazes me that the worst announcers are the ones who get the national broadcasts these days.

It's an epidemic. But, Billy Packer is gone... now Morgan is gone.. hopefully McCarver, Buck, etc follow suit

Yeah, he just says really stupid things and places a compulsive emphasis on the intangible, the non-statistical, and has biases toward certain types of players (in his case, black players). He's basically the BroncoBob of broadcasting, except a bit better mannered.

I thought I was the only one who realized this.

He says some incredibly stupid things, and most of the time, he's defending the black player. I remember him saying this year that he thought Ryan Howard was the most underrated player in baseball.

Morgan has never met a black ballplayer he hasn't liked.

I'll miss Jon Miller, he's awesome.

Yeah that about sums it up. I won't miss Joe Morgan at all.