The Best Farm in all of baseball

97marlin

Not a single prospect in the top 50. The marlins are, or were built on scouting, and not one player in the top 50. Not even dominguez who is the prospect who is the farthest along on his development. Hand, Ceda, and Marinez, our best pitching prospects aren't anywhere near the top 50. no one thinks much of Ozzie, Is this just a low year and next year we will be fine, or are we really in bad shape?

With Stanton and Morrison already in the Majors and Dominguez on the cusp the "Farm" system does look rather meager, but I wouldn't imagine the Marlins wanting to trade places with the Rays, Royals,etc.. regarding prospects. Also there are more than a few above average prospects still within the organization including James, Hand, Rasmussen and Yelich, so really its all about perspective. The Marlins had the best farm system in 2003, but after graduating D-Train and Cabrera that year what really was left on the farm that actually produced?

With Stanton and Morrison already in the Majors and Dominguez on the cusp the "Farm" system does look rather meager, but I wouldn't imagine the Marlins wanting to trade places with the Rays, Royals,etc.. regarding prospects. Also there are more than a few above average prospects still within the organization including James, Hand, Rasmussen and Yelich, so really its all about perspective. The Marlins had the best farm system in 2003, but after graduating D-Train and Cabrera that year what really was left on the farm that actually produced?

Does this mean you wouldn't want to have the Royals minor league farm teams in exchange for ours??

Cause I would do that in a heartbeat.

Does this mean you wouldn't want to have the Royals minor league farm teams in exchange for ours??

Would you swap out our entire organization for theirs? Because that's how that works.

You can't say "anyone but ours" in terms of better farm systems.

If I remember correctly, the Twins, Mets and A's didn't have one either in the top 50.

Furthermore, if there are 30 teams then ideally each team has 1, and then 20 teams have 2.

So.. if a team is not in the top 50 prospects... well then.... they're just 1 player away from being an average prospect pool (by silly "Top 50" standards, that is).

Mike Stanton.

/thread

Would you swap out our entire organization for theirs? Because that's how that works.

Oh I understand, and I would not do it in that situation. But he said "regarding prospects". Thats what I was bolding (or meant to at least)

If I remember correctly, the Twins, Mets and A's didn't have one either in the top 50.

Furthermore, if there are 30 teams then ideally each team has 1, and then 20 teams have 2.

So.. if a team is not in the top 50 prospects... well then.... they're just 1 player away from being an average prospect pool (by silly "Top 50" standards, that is).

Mike Stanton.

/thread

Who was #3 last year before coming ineligible, and I believe Lomo was in the top 25.

Mike Stanton.

/thread

Who was #3 last year before coming ineligible, and I believe Lomo was in the top 25.

i guess Morrison isn't a "prospect" anymore because he did TOO DAMN WELL to be a potential-oriented player now. LoMo's the real deal, i reckon.

i could have sworn Dominguez was top 50, if not top 20, a few months ago. what happened to that?

Marlins maintain Stanton, Morrison, Dunn, West, Cousins, O. Martinez, and Sanabia's rights for 6 full seasons

Marlins maintain G. Sanchez rights for 5 full seasons

Hanley is signed for 4 seasons

Marlins maintain Coghlan, Volstad, Bonifacio, Webb, Mujica, Baker, B. Sanches, and Badenhop's rights for 4 full seasons

Johnson, Nolasco, and Buck are signed for 3 seasons

Marlins maintain Mujica's rights for 3 full seasons

I think we're ok considering we have a rotation under control for at least the next 3 years, not including Anibal and Javy, at least 6 starting capable players, with another few capable for the bench, and at least half a bullpen all at the MLB level and going nowhere. This is at least 75% of our active roster going forward the next 3 seasons, not including very significant names (Anibal, Javy, Nunez, Hensley, Infante, Choate) who have large roles on the club and all but Javy and Infante we control for two seasons, and not including the half dozen really legit younger guys in the minors (Dominguez, James, Hand, Marinez, Ceda, Rasmussen, maybe Skipworth or Koehler) who should take over roles with the club during these 3 seasons. Also not including free agents, as we have excellent payroll moving forward. Thank you Dan Uggla!

It's disappointing we've had Sinkbeil, Skipworth, and other draft busts, but a better list to be on is the top 28 and younger organizational talent, and the Marlins would rank top 3 in baseball, if not higher. That, is what matters here. They must draft better, but they have 2 years to fix the system before it becomes a major debilitating depth issue. Dominguez is really the only guy in the minors who could set us back if he flops.

i guess Morrison isn't a "prospect" anymore because he did TOO DAMN WELL to be a potential-oriented player now. LoMo's the real deal, i reckon.

i could have sworn Dominguez was top 50, if not top 20, a few months ago. what happened to that?

A whole drafting class of 1st round picks/advancing players came in.