Marlins Home Series against the Mariners to be played in Seattle

I read a great comment over on Yahoo about this. Someone mentioned how it didn't make sense to not play at the Trop or even Wide World of Sports at Disney (like the Rays did for a series two years in a row). Someone else pointed out the schedule- the Mariners were scheduled to come home after this series and the Marlins were scheduled to begin their west coast road trip in Oakland after this series. When you look at it that way, it makes sense; both teams are coming to the west coast from the East early, which is never a bad thing.

Curious, have any of you season ticket holders heard from your sales rep about a refund, yet?

Also, I hate to be "that guy" but can we keep the discussion about the Marlins and the the series move, please? Around half the posts on this thread are about how awesome (or un-awesome) U2 is. Thanks!

Rab's point makes me even more pissed off! It really never came to me about Ichiro... f***ING U2! BASTARDS!

And HawkFan, Season tickets were sold based on 78 home games. They already knew the series wasn't going to be played at HOME, they just didnt know where they would play them. Now is when it has been made official they will be played in Seattle.

Also, I hate to be "that guy" but can we keep the discussion about the Marlins and the the series move, please? Around half the posts on this thread are about how awesome (or un-awesome) U2 is. Thanks!

Well regardless of what your view is on them it's completely relevant to want to know a lot of this information, such as why it's gonna take 3 full days for the concert to set up.

Yeah, blame Bono. When all else fails. Blame Bono.

Definitely blame Bono - if he didn't injure his back, they wouldn't of needed to reschedule the date and this issue never would of popped up

Then again, a back injury was inevitable for bono - you know given that he not only has to carry around a big head and a giant ego while shouldering all the worlds poverty, sickness and problems .... pretty hard to accomplish in the heavy air of self importance the guy lives in ..... Atlas wasn't as burdoned

I hope it rains the whole time

Great. Now I f***ing hate that sh*t band and their outrageously annoying frontman even more.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Then again, a back injury was inevitable for bono - you know given that he not only has to carry around a big head and a giant ego while shouldering all the worlds poverty, sickness and problems .... pretty hard to accomplish in the heavy air of self importance the guy lives in ..... Atlas wasn't as burdened

This is the perfect characterization of this asshat. It deserves to be immortalized somewhere.

Yeah, blame Bono. When all else fails. Blame Bono.

Definitely blame Bono - if he didn't injure his back, they wouldn't of needed to reschedule the date and this issue never would of popped up

Then again, a back injury was inevitable for bono - you know given that he not only has to carry around a big head and a giant ego while shouldering all the worlds poverty, sickness and problems .... pretty hard to accomplish in the heavy air of self importance the guy lives in ..... Atlas wasn't as burdoned

I hope it rains the whole time

Lol, you say that as though Bono went and stabbed a knife in his back and Bono injured Bono.

Keep the hate up for Bono though, that typical know-it-all arrogance that surrounds the guy... he's probably donated more this year alone than you (or anyone here) will make in earnings in your entire life. Total self-importance.

Great. Now I f***ing hate that sh*t band and their outrageously annoying frontman even more.

Then again, a back injury was inevitable for bono - you know given that he not only has to carry around a big head and a giant ego while shouldering all the worlds poverty, sickness and problems .... pretty hard to accomplish in the heavy air of self importance the guy lives in ..... Atlas wasn't as burdened

This is the perfect characterization of this asshat. It deserves to be immortalized somewhere.

This is stupid.

He donates millions of dollars and lots of hours.

But he's worthy of intense hatred merely because he's an egocentric liberal!

he's worthy of ridicule because he's an egocentric liberal

Fixed. Factual is always better.

OK, I'll grant you the distinction.

I agreed with another poster. I expressed my dislike for the guy in my own terms in my response to you. Worthy of ridicule, not hatred.

There doesn't seem to be too much dissent from the proposition that he's just another liberal asshat who thinks that he can fix the world. Remind me. How many decades of useless "We are the world" concerts have there been?

In any case, because of the over-the-top stage, the Marlins get to play home games somewhere else. Just another reason to dislike him and everything he stands for.

zzzz. I too wanted a chance to see Ichiro in person. What a total and complete rip off

Only reason U2 needs all that stage garbage is to take the crowd's attention from their crappy music. Why couldn't they have booked the Bank Atlantic Center like a normal band?

it certainly seems like most of what he does is fueled by his ego.

When you say "certainly seems," you're being charitable in the extreme.

These lunkheads peddle their do-gooder credentials as if they had actually accomplished something when nothing could be further from the truth. First, they spend 50 to 75% of everything they raise to raise the next buck. Can we guess who paid for the massive 200 ton stage? Then, they spend most of what's left on overhead, which explains the 1.2% actually spent on the widely-publicized intended purpose. But, by golly, Bono gets good (and very expensive) tax advice while he's pawning himself off as a savior of whomever.

This clown isn't unique, he's emblematic of what's been going on for 30+ years of entertaining in the name of "the poor," etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Meanwhile, the Marlins wind up in a situation that could cost them a win. Which might make a difference to a team that's trying to get to 90 wins.

I like the idea that people who are paying hundreds of dollars for tickets dont actually like U2's music.

Yeah, of course, we're all just going for the experience. What a stupid thing to say (I know you didn't say it). I'm sorry U2 is a band of our generation both musically and as a musical performance. Guess you cant have both, right?

f*** you guys U2 IS COMING!

This is actually SunLife's fault, neither the Marlins nor U2.

And, btw, I'll be at that concert, front and center bitches!

I'll be there too! Bono is full of amazingness! :notworthy

Woo! I'm gonna be on the floor so I'm gonna try and arrive as early as possible to be close up.

He donates millions of dollars and lots of hours.

But he's worthy of intense hatred merely because he's an egocentric liberal!

He's worthy of hatred because he's an easy target for jealousy, hypocrisy, blah, blah, blah. It's 'cool' to hate Bono nowadays.

But go on everyone, Bono is U2's coordinator, band manager, etc. This unfortunate event for the Marlins is clearly a reason to hate Bono (and everything he stands for, apparently!).

It's funny though... because U2 isn't even the Mr. Environmentalist band (they're humanitarian), yet still to avoid hypocrisy they purchased something like 60,000 tons of carbon credits for this tour. Something they completely didn't have to do. But no, it's cool to hate Bono (and thus U2, because you know, Bono is U2).

Can I ask a question?

In your opinions, does Bono have a net positive or net negative impact on the causes he takes up?

How in God's name could he have a negative impact?

Just last week him and The Edge donated somethin like 5 million pounds to kids in Ireland to help fund musical programs. They literally piss money away in donations.

And, penguino, that whole thing about the ONE Campaign, ONE is an advocacy program. Read up on Product (RED) and DATA, which are the more charitable organizations.

But I guess guys like Bill Gates, probably ONE's biggest supporter, is also full of sh*t. DOWN WITH BILL GATES AS WELL!

I don't see why Bono can't do what he does and still be considered an egotistical douchebag. And I think some of you are naive in thinking that Bono is pre-dominantly selfless in his actions.

This pretty much tells me that Bono's "raising awareness" is more directed toward himself than the problem he is trying to combat. I don't think his motivations are purely selfish, but it certainly seems like most of what he does is fueled by his ego.

I don't know whom this is directed towards, but I said he is both, so I hope not toward me.

(is "whom" still proper when there's ambiguity about singular/plural?)