Davis, Wise, Marinez, Martinez cut

Admin

Brad Davis and Ozzie Martinez were optioned to AAA

Jhan Marinez was optioned to AA

Dewayne Wise was re-assigned to minor league camp

This would appear to mean Hayes and Cousins have won bench roles.

Roster stands at 27 players now so 2 more cuts need to be made.

Hooray for Hayes! He deserves a shot (this being a brief shot) of getting some at bats early in the season with the Marlins as #2 catcher. Why? Cause he didn't drop the ball at home plate when Morgan ran him over....had a death grip on that ball.

Which makes that about the only positive thing that Hayes really did last year. For some reason I liked Davis a lot more last year, though by the numbers they are both incredibly terrible.

Hooray for Hayes! He deserves a shot (this being a brief shot) of getting some at bats early in the season with the Marlins as #2 catcher. Why? Cause he didn't drop the ball at home plate when Morgan ran him over....had a death grip on that ball.

Which makes that about the only positive thing that Hayes really did last year. For some reason I liked Davis a lot more last year, though by the numbers they are both incredibly terrible.

I'll second that. I was hoping Davis would make it.

I like Hayes better. But either one brings their glove to the ball park, which is really what you want from your back up catcher.

I know both Hayes and Davis aren't good with a bat...but giving Hayes a brief shot as the #2 won't hurt much. And yes, I agree, his 'death grip' on the ball is his best moment of his major league career so far. Separated his shoulder on the play as well.

I'd just prefer have Baker back. What is the timeframe for his return?

Really wouldn't surprise me if we have seen the last of him in a Marlins uniform. If Hayes shows any bat at all, you could probably count on it.

I'm fairly certain Brett Hayes doesn't own a bat.

Also, you so silly.

I'd just prefer have Baker back. What is the timeframe for his return?

Really wouldn't surprise me if we have seen the last of him in a Marlins uniform. If Hayes shows any bat at all, you could probably count on it.

How many times have you repeated this line?