Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 Citrus Series

Featured Replies

This has probably been explained before so forgive me for not being privy to the answer but can someone please explain to me the announcer situation? I'm tired of the Rays announcers and all their backhanded sleights at the Fish.

 

Also, what's a raysfan doing on Marlinsbaseball.com? Did the mayor not approve funding for a fan run baseball site?

This has probably been explained before so forgive me for not being privy to the answer but can someone please explain to me the announcer situation? I'm tired of the Rays announcers and all their backhanded sleights at the Fish.

 

Also, what's a raysfan doing on Marlinsbaseball.com? Did the mayor not approve funding for a fan run baseball site?

 

 

It's so the broadcasters get a break, I assume. Same company (FSN/SUN) runs both teams media. Since we're cross-state rivals, we always have the two series of interleague play against them. One home, and one away.

 

They get our home series on SUN and we get their home series on FSN.

I could have sworn I heard we got them for all 6 games ...

 

 

Their series is on FSN. I'm not sure if it will be there announcers, but I'd assume it was ours. It normally is.

***STATING THE OBVIOUS WARNING***

 

Marlins take 2 off three in this years Citrus Series so far. See you again June 17-19.

 

 

Hopefully not.

I could have sworn I heard we got them for all 6 games ...

 

 

Their series is on FSN. I'm not sure if it will be there announcers, but I'd assume it was ours. It normally is.

They're actually kinda weird with it. Last time they did it like that was 2008.

 

In 2009, the Rays called all 5 of the 6 games that aired on TV.

 

Last year was doubly weird, where Rich and Tommy called 4 of the 6 games on FSF while Staats and Co. called all 6 games on Sun.

 

This year the Rays staff is calling all 6 games, which is cool because it means we'll be able to see 156 games on TV instead of 150.

 

(Yes, I actually did the research to get all those numbers right.)

Call me crazy, but I didn't mine the announcers at all today (this was the first game in the series I was able to watch). And they were pretty solid on their Marlins knowledge, as well as deservedly complimentary of guys like Logan/Stanton, while fair about guys like Hanley.

Call me crazy, but I didn't mine the announcers at all today (this was the first game in the series I was able to watch). And they were pretty solid on their Marlins knowledge, as well as deservedly complimentary of guys like Logan/Stanton, while fair about guys like Hanley.

 

I actually was going to say this. I feel like they made a decent stride in being less Tampa-centric and calling it "down the middle". It seemed like a far cry from past years or a regular Rays broadcast.

Call me crazy, but I didn't mine the announcers at all today (this was the first game in the series I was able to watch). And they were pretty solid on their Marlins knowledge, as well as deservedly complimentary of guys like Logan/Stanton, while fair about guys like Hanley.

 

I actually was going to say this. I feel like they made a decent stride in being less Tampa-centric and calling it "down the middle". It seemed like a far cry from past years or a regular Rays broadcast.

 

Brian Anderson is a lot better than Joe Magrane and Kevin Kennedy.

Brian Anderson is a lot better than Joe Magrane and Kevin Kennedy.

 

Yup. They weren't as bad as they usually are, actually admitting how impressed they were with the whole Ramirez-LoMo-Gaby-Stanton core of the lineup and the damage they will do. Overlooking Cogs, of course. And Buck and Omar. Still, not bad.

 

But, after 2.5 games of them and the rest of their inanities I finally had to mute them, their limited concessions to reality notwithstanding.

Brian Anderson is a lot better than Joe Magrane and Kevin Kennedy.

 

Yup. They weren't as bad as they usually are, actually admitting how impressed they were with the whole Ramirez-LoMo-Gaby-Stanton core of the lineup and the damage they will do. Overlooking Cogs, of course. And Buck and Omar. Still, not bad.

 

But, after 2.5 games of them and the rest of their inanities I finally had to mute them, their limited concessions to reality notwithstanding.

Biggest issue I have with them, aside from just bad hair, is that they talk like the Rays have been a dynasty for 20 years, rather than being good for just the past few years.

Sorry to say, but ill be watching the Cubs Vs Boston.

 

The Marlins are just to boring to watch right now.

 

How did we miss this?

 

Leave, forever, now please.

 

Guys like him that give UK fans a bad name.....

Brian Anderson is a lot better than Joe Magrane and Kevin Kennedy.

 

Yup. They weren't as bad as they usually are, actually admitting how impressed they were with the whole Ramirez-LoMo-Gaby-Stanton core of the lineup and the damage they will do. Overlooking Cogs, of course. And Buck and Omar. Still, not bad.

 

But, after 2.5 games of them and the rest of their inanities I finally had to mute them, their limited concessions to reality notwithstanding.

Biggest issue I have with them, aside from just bad hair, is that they talk like the Rays have been a dynasty for 20 years, rather than being good for just the past few years.

Seriously, this is probably what does it for me. It sounds like a Yankee broadcast but it makes no rational sense.

Seriously, this is probably what does it for me. It sounds like a Yankee broadcast but it makes no rational sense.

 

 

I dunno, having listened to Yankees broadcasts, they don't make any rational sense either.

Brian Anderson is a lot better than Joe Magrane and Kevin Kennedy.

 

Yup. They weren't as bad as they usually are, actually admitting how impressed they were with the whole Ramirez-LoMo-Gaby-Stanton core of the lineup and the damage they will do. Overlooking Cogs, of course. And Buck and Omar. Still, not bad.

 

But, after 2.5 games of them and the rest of their inanities I finally had to mute them, their limited concessions to reality notwithstanding.

Biggest issue I have with them, aside from just bad hair, is that they talk like the Rays have been a dynasty for 20 years, rather than being good for just the past few years.

Seriously, this is probably what does it for me. It sounds like a Yankee broadcast but it makes no rational sense.

 

Phillies can get like that too. Good team the last 4 years and they act like they are better than everyone and that the team has never had a bad season ever. Gary Matthews Sr is a big culprit of this (criticizes moves other teams make during games but if the Phillies do it, it's ok), Tom McCarthy is almost as bad, spewing Phillies propaganda

Brian Anderson is a lot better than Joe Magrane and Kevin Kennedy.

 

Yup. They weren't as bad as they usually are, actually admitting how impressed they were with the whole Ramirez-LoMo-Gaby-Stanton core of the lineup and the damage they will do. Overlooking Cogs, of course. And Buck and Omar. Still, not bad.

 

But, after 2.5 games of them and the rest of their inanities I finally had to mute them, their limited concessions to reality notwithstanding.

Biggest issue I have with them, aside from just bad hair, is that they talk like the Rays have been a dynasty for 20 years, rather than being good for just the past few years.

Seriously, this is probably what does it for me. It sounds like a Yankee broadcast but it makes no rational sense.

 

Phillies can get like that too. Good team the last 4 years and they act like they are better than everyone and that the team has never had a bad season ever. Gary Matthews Sr is a big culprit of this (criticizes moves other teams make during games but if the Phillies do it, it's ok), Tom McCarthy is almost as bad, spewing Phillies propaganda

At least the Phillies have had Steve Carlton... Mike Schmidt... Jim Bunning... Grover Cleveland Alexander... Richie Ashburn... Harry, not Todd, Kalas... and any number of other legendary players I missed. The Phillies have been around since 1883. The Phillies have had more winning seasons than 14 current teams have had seasons.

 

Yeah, they're homers, but that's a team with history.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.