Team Colors and New Logo

Hollyberry

I want to know what geniuses they recruited for the focus groups.

Whatever else you want to say about it, this logo fits this city perfectly. I don't doubt for a second that this plays well here.

Why does this city have to be associated with pastel/rainbow colors? Los Angeles is a similar city with beaches, palm trees, etc. And their teams aren't forced to look like a rainbow threw up on them. And to those who forgot, we will be wearing this hideous color scheme AND have that hideous home run contraption in the stadium. SMH.

I agree LouisCastillo. Not everyone that lives in Miami goes to South Beath. I just wonder what they ask themselves when they make this logo. What average, working 40 year old man who is a baseball fan would wear that hat. I am 34 and wont. Who are they trying to get to watch the games. Tourists that come to Miami for the Miami experience, Any team that was really concerned about people that like baseball would not do that.

It is just the corporateness of it. I am in advertising, and the first things you learn is that colors have mental subliminal messages. Why do think all fast food restaurants are red and yellow. It makes us hungry. The more I think about it, the madder I become. It does look like an amusement park, an insurance company logo, a transit line,,,,, it is there for one reason, to make us spend more money at the damn stadium. That is it. It is set up for tourists that want the "Miami" experience. This whole stadium is set up so people who like the Mets, Phillies and Cubs have a nice place to go to watch a game, and bring home cool Miami souvenirs that remind them of the city. It is not just a logo.

You know baseball is a business, right?

If that is the mark, I don't hate it .... but I agree, it's not something I can see myself wearing a lot of ... I'll probably stick to my current stuff and buy some more to hold for when the current stuff wears out.

To anyone who is going to remove their fan-hood or wishes the team would have just moved .... that's idiotic

I'm a sonics fan and I think that the OKC logo is horrible ....... however, the supes could have gone back to their cartoon brick red S or created the raptors 2.0 and I wouldn't have cared as long as that current team was in seattle

Looks like I'm in the minority. I hate it. I'm actually surprised that so many here like it.

The logo itself looks a bit too austere and I don't like the color combination on the M.

To each his own, I guess.

I also am in the minority. I don't like it. I don't like the Marlin nor the M. I don't know what it is. Too cold?????? But I just know it isn't.

The home and road jersey will say Miami and the Alts will have marlins.

Do not like.

Yeah not digging Miami on both the regular home and away:

There are 2 alternates black and orange.

Also two caps, black one and solid orange one.

Also no pinstripes on the jerseys. I have a feeling I'll like the logo more when I see everything together.