Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Yoenis Cespedes to Athletics

Featured Replies

Maybe with V-mart getting hurt in Motown, the prime suspect to offer a "crazy Contract" might have been outted.

 

 

NO MORE TRADES WITH THE TIGERS

Maybe with V-mart getting hurt in Motown, the prime suspect to offer a "crazy Contract" might have been outted.

 

 

NO MORE TRADES WITH THE TIGERS

This wouldn't be a trade. lol

Maybe with V-mart getting hurt in Motown, the prime suspect to offer a "crazy Contract" might have been outted.

 

 

NO MORE TRADES WITH THE TIGERS

This wouldn't be a trade. lol

 

For some reason I read that as trading Gaby to the Tigers and us signing Cespedes.

 

Carry on.

Yeah Gaby might not fit guys but you've got to remember he has little trade value currently, he's not young, and he's not very flexible. Top that off with the fact that the Marlins need nohing (unless they package for an upgrade somewhere)... and Gby is still very cheap. If such a situation were to occur, it wouldn't shock me to see Gaby still here.

 

This is right, IMO.

 

My MB.com skills using my phone are horrid.

Face it: the only reason why people want him is because he's being talked about by the media. No one knows anything about this guy and he could end up being a disaster.

Face it: the only reason why people want him is because he's being talked about by the media. No one knows anything about this guy and he could end up being a disaster.

 

So, if the media talked about me all day every day, would people want me, too, even though I suck at Baseball these days?

Face it: the only reason why people want him is because he's being talked about by the media. No one knows anything about this guy and he could end up being a disaster.

 

So, if the media talked about me all day every day, would people want me, too, even though I suck at Baseball these days?

 

No, no one could ever want you.

And I'm saying that he's "just a name" hyped by the media at this point with no merit to it. A very expensive name at that.

And I'm saying that he's "just a name" hyped by the media at this point with no merit to it. A very expensive name at that.

 

 

Well, no.

 

He's been the top hitter in Cuba for the last few years and has been well-regarded in scouting circles since the second World Baseball Classic, when he hit .458/.480/1.000 with a double, 3 triples, 2 home runs, 5 runs and 5 RBI in six games.

 

So you're greatly mischaracterizing the source of this hype.

taking away the hype, I'll bring in Lou and others saying that Cuban ball is equivalent to High A ball. those stats mean nothing, really.

Well, they don't mean nothing. They aren't going to translate right away, but to say they mean nothing is overstating it.

Nobody get too excited cause I'm not using any "sources." But I think that if we don't get Cespedes for some reason I'm guessing that we will be going all out to get Prince Fielder. I don't know guys, but I get that heavy gut feeling. And I don't really buy that the Cubbies would spend much on this guy, not with the current contracts they have on hand and are trying to get rid of. I don't buy it. I guess we will see what happens.

Nobody get too excited cause I'm not using any "sources." But I think that if we don't get Cespedes for some reason I'm guessing that we will be going all out to get Prince Fielder. I don't know guys, but I get that heavy gut feeling. And I don't really buy that the Cubbies would spend much on this guy, not with the current contracts they have on hand and are trying to get rid of. I don't buy it. I guess we will see what happens.

 

 

So does Prince Fielder.

 

Can I get a zing?

Nobody get too excited cause I'm not using any "sources." But I think that if we don't get Cespedes for some reason I'm guessing that we will be going all out to get Prince Fielder. I don't know guys, but I get that heavy gut feeling. And I don't really buy that the Cubbies would spend much on this guy, not with the current contracts they have on hand and are trying to get rid of. I don't buy it. I guess we will see what happens.

 

 

So does Prince Fielder.

 

Can I get a zing?

ZING!

I think it's more the scouts hyping the guy; the media is just relaying it. His Cuba numbers might not mean much, but a handful of teams have seen Cespedes in action and the scouts seem to rave about the guy.

 

Some have projected Wily Mo Pena's bat, though, which isn't too promising.

Cespedes makes sense for a team like the Cubs (moreso than the Marlins). The Marlins are looking to make some sort of a run this year and next, while the Cubs are rebuilding. That gives them the option to keep Cespedes in the minors a whole year if they feel that he needs it.

 

For a team that wants to contend immediately, this isnt a good signing.

Well, they don't mean nothing. They aren't going to translate right away, but to say they mean nothing is overstating it.

 

 

They don't mean much.

I'm inclined to agree with Erick here.

 

Sounds like a bunch of noise anyways. I'm still all for going after him, but laughing at an unreasonable price like the one he is asking.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.