Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Yoenis Cespedes to Athletics

Featured Replies

Well, they don't mean nothing. They aren't going to translate right away, but to say they mean nothing is overstating it.

 

 

They don't mean much.

 

They can if you translate them correctly. Clay Davenport has done so. He's like, really smart, so if he says they have some predictive power, I'll take that.

 

For instance, his translations for Alexei Ramirez's Cuban numbers put him for between .247 and .277 EQAs.

 

In the majors, he has put up .260, .255, .250, and .258 EQAs.

 

So that's pretty good.

 

He has Cespedes in the .260s almost every year, with some higher and lower.

 

Projects him for a .263 EQA next year, which would translate to a .260/.325/.457 (.782) line next year.

 

Of course, it's not perfect. Of course it's not. But I'll say Davenport's put a little more thought into it than anyone here has.

Nobody get too excited cause I'm not using any "sources." But I think that if we don't get Cespedes for some reason I'm guessing that we will be going all out to get Prince Fielder. I don't know guys, but I get that heavy gut feeling. And I don't really buy that the Cubbies would spend much on this guy, not with the current contracts they have on hand and are trying to get rid of. I don't buy it. I guess we will see what happens.

 

I still think Cespedes will get that "stupid" money and contract. With the teams reportedly looking at him, one of those will fess up. The only way I see us getting him is if he comes down off those numbers and wants to come here for whatever reason. Kinda like CJ Wilson to the Angels type thing.

 

And Fielder? I think that's just a pipe dream. Aren't the Nats and Rangers really looking hard at him? It would be a big surprise if we landed him. Actually, if the FO is even all that interested in him it would be a surprise.

Unless Nolan Ryan dug up an extra 100 mill in his back yard, the Rangers are done after coughing up 100 mill+ for the whirling Darvish.

Rangers are out of the Prince sweepstakes, if they were to sign prince they'll lose out resigning Hamilton and Napoli.

Is the pitch count on the left just for the AB or for how many pitches the pitcher has thrown? A 14 pitch at bat is pretty good.

I'll have to say how many that pitcher had thrown in total to that point.

 

3-2 count + the home run ball = at least 6 pitches

1 out = at least 3 more pitches, so there's 9 of the 15 he had thrown up to that point. There's also the possibility that he got an out or two the previous inning, which could fill in the final 6.

I'll have to say how many that pitcher had thrown in total to that point.

 

3-2 count + the home run ball = at least 6 pitches

1 out = at least 3 more pitches, so there's 9 of the 15 he had thrown up to that point. There's also the possibility that he got an out or two the previous inning, which could fill in the final 6.

 

You don't need 3 pitches to get an out.

I'll have to say how many that pitcher had thrown in total to that point.

 

3-2 count + the home run ball = at least 6 pitches

1 out = at least 3 more pitches, so there's 9 of the 15 he had thrown up to that point. There's also the possibility that he got an out or two the previous inning, which could fill in the final 6.

 

You don't need 3 pitches to get an out.

This is true.

 

OK, still, maybe an out or two the previous inning, that would count for the final 8 pitches.

 

And, of course, lengthened at-bats.

2-4

 

2B, 1 RBI, 1 SO

 

----

 

Aguilas made it to the final series by winning yesterday. That means....... MOAR CESPEDES! :disco

2-4

 

2B, 1 RBI, 1 SO

 

----

 

Aguilas made it to the final series by winning yesterday. That means....... MOAR CESPEDES! :disco

 

 

get heem?

Game 1

 

0-4

 

1 SO

Is his last name pronounced Ces-pedes, or Ces-pedes?

 

 

Neither.

 

It's Ces-pedes.

Is his last name pronounced Ces-pedes, or Ces-pedes?

 

 

Neither.

 

It's Ces-pedes.

 

lol I realized what I did there, I wasn't trying to be funny though I just made a mistake. Is it Ces-pedes or Ces-pe-des

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.