Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins, Reyes agree to 6 yr/106mil deal

Featured Replies

Yeah, he said close. Change thread title and merge this into Reyes thread.

 

Agreed. This thread is a bit premature and misleading. Something could very well happen tonight, though.

MLB TV says Rosenthal says Reyes agreed. Why is this premature?

Yeah, he said close. Change thread title and merge this into Reyes thread.

 

Agreed. This thread is a bit premature and misleading. Something could very well happen tonight, though.

MLB TV says Rosenthal says Reyes agreed. Why is this premature?

I don't think that's enough evidence yet to be certain. I won't buy it until we know the terms (years, dollars, options, etc.) like we did with Bell.

Fluffing douche.

Hahahaha, Harold Reynolds fantasy trade if we get Reyes.............................. Hanley and Lomo to Seattle for King Felix.

 

 

i think harold may cream himself if we were fool enough to trade away hanley

Better not trade Hanley.

 

I want a 1-4 of Reyes, Bonifacio, Stanton, Hanley.

 

 

I think I want LoMo 2. Assuming he is getting on base like he can plus I like some pop in the 2 hole.

Better not trade Hanley.

 

I want a 1-4 of Reyes, Bonifacio, Stanton, Hanley.

 

 

I think I want LoMo 2. Assuming he is getting on base like he can plus I like some pop in the 2 hole.

I like speed + OBP up top, personally. Assuming Bonifacio can continue at least close to what he did this past season.

8:21pm: Reyes to the Marlins appears to be imminent, but Juan C. Rodriguez of the Sun Sentinel (via Twitter) continues to hear that the numbers are less than those being reported.

 

 

This is like, best case scenario for us right now. We get him AND it's for cheaper than 111M.

I go out for an HOUR, come back and read: "Breaking News: Jose Reyes" and thought it was official. Quit playing games with my heart!

So I'm assuming in the $100-105 million range. Reyes wanted that 8 figure mark, and I think the Marlins gave in to it to get the deal done.

 

6 years, $100 million with a 7th year vesting option is pretty much the best we could've done (given that we were going up against ourselves essentially).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.