Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins, Reyes agree to 6 yr/106mil deal

Featured Replies

We'd challenge murderer's row with that lineup, assuming of course they all hit to their capabilities.

I know that some are going over WAR numbers now, but I was wondering how much of an improvement Reyes at SS is really over a normal year from Hanley, and also how Hanley's WAR is going to play at third (though I am sure he will still be a plus player).

 

 

 

Reyes is +2/150Gms by UZR.

 

Hanley is -9.1/150Gms.

 

So, by their career numbers, we could expect a win's worth of improvement just by moving Hanley off of SS and adding Reyes.

 

And the positional adjustment for a SS over about a full season is generally about seven runs added. For 3rd base, it's usually around 2.5 runs added.

 

Michael Jong at FishStripes.com attempted to work out an expected defensive value for Hanley based on Tom Tango's Fan Scouting Report.

 

By his estimation, Hanley would probably gain almost four runs per season on average by playing at 3B vs SS. So he'd still be below average, but it would hopefully be enough to make up for the somewhat higher positional premium of SS.

 

Moving Hanley off SS would likely garner defensive gains, in my opinion, so I think that analysis is spot on. I think the team legitimately improved their win potential by 6-7 wins by adding Reyes at SS and moving Hanley to 3B. And probably another 2-3 by replacing the inevitable 7th man carousel with Bell.

Depends 100% on the health and production of JJ and Hanley and who the #4-5 starters are. Assuming JJ + Hanley healthy, we're around 85 wins.

 

If they're serious about making a push for Pujols, then that signals to me that they're going to end up with either him, Beurhle, or Wilson at the end. Any one of those guys can push us to 90+ wins from where we're at right now.

 

His contract would be the hardest to stomach, but there's no doubt that adding Pujols gives us the best team. It allows you to trade Lomo + others for Gio and then Gaby for a #5 SP. You stick Bryan Peterson in LF and live with a mediocre bottom half of the lineup because the top half would be absurd.

 

I'm thinking smart money is on Reyes' contract being balanced somewhat like Crawford's, so the first year would be $3-4 million lower. If so, that puts us right around $88-89 million with two bench spots and two rotation spots left. If they want to go to $112-115 million next year, Pujols could make this team a 95 win juggernaut.

Depends 100% on the health and production of JJ and Hanley and who the #4-5 starters are. Assuming JJ + Hanley healthy, we're around 85 wins.

 

If they're serious about making a push for Pujols, then that signals to me that they're going to end up with either him, Beurhle, or Wilson at the end. Any one of those guys can push us to 90+ wins from where we're at right now.

 

His contract would be the hardest to stomach, but there's no doubt that adding Pujols gives us the best team. It allows you to trade Lomo + others for Gio and then Gaby for a #5 SP. You stick Bryan Peterson in LF and live with a mediocre bottom half of the lineup because the top half would be absurd.

 

I'm thinking smart money is on Reyes' contract being balanced somewhat like Crawford's, so the first year would be $3-4 million lower. If so, that puts us right around $88-89 million with two bench spots and two rotation spots left. If they want to go to $112-115 million next year, Pujols could make this team a 95 win juggernaut.

 

 

I remember reading somewhere they structured Reyes's contract so we can sign one more prominent FA.

 

Pujols is ours.

Sign Pujols, and all of a sudden, we have one of the top hitting lineups in the NL:

 

Reyes

Infante

Hanley

Pujols

Stanton

LoMo

 

Would there be a better 3-4-5 set in baseball???

 

 

IDK, I think, personally, I'd want Stanton in front of Pujols ... but really, I don't know. Maybe make it

Reyes

Bonifacio [yeah I know, you have Infante - my personal opinion here though]

Pujols

Stanton

Hanley

LoMo

Buck

Infante

Pitcher

 

Everyone [save Buck and Infante] has the best possible protection, I think.

Sign Pujols, and all of a sudden, we have one of the top hitting lineups in the NL:

 

Reyes

Infante

Hanley

Pujols

Stanton

LoMo

 

Would there be a better 3-4-5 set in baseball???

 

 

Now that would be the ultimate Christmas Gift

Is there a way to get a Reyes jersey with the old Florida uniform?

 

NO! GO AWAY!

They say that a lot in North Carolina.

I don't get it, but I'm not an NC native...??

 

I don't get it either and I'm a native.

They hate us Now becuase were gonna have the best Hitting line-up in baseball, one of the best Rotations in baseball.., and one of the best infield defence in baseball, hmmmmmm, yeah, I can see now why they would hate us...

Let the Hating begin! From a Braves fan:

 

Jose Reyes to the Marlins? Don't matter. They still suck. #nodepth. #nopitching. #nopower.

 

You didn't even have to tell me it was a Braves fan. I could tell from the improper grammar and overall lack of wisdom.

No power?

 

 

This dude is trolling.

 

 

Trolling? I think he's just ignorant. There's a difference between a f***ing idiot and a troll.

I can't wait for Stanton to have an even bigger year than last year, prove all the haters wrong that say "Let's see what he will do after a full year of scouting reports"

that's something that I've noticed about Stanton that I absolutely love .... this guy not only is a physical beast, but he absolutely studies his craft

 

you'll see it in his numbers - especially when going through promotions ........... pitchers exploit a gap in his game, he works at it, patches it up and makes them adjust

 

so even if there is some hole that people are finding right now - I have no doubt he is studying his own game as well, working for that improvement and has shown the ability to adjust during the season

 

as long as GC Mike stays healthy the rest will take care of itself - there may be some slumps, but he'll work himself out of them

Is it possible for us to even have the money for pujols? I saw somewhere on here they said right now we were around 95, and pujols would take at least 25 a year. We would basically have to get rid of nolasco and someone else for a VERY cheap player. Or am I looking at this wrong?

Is it possible for us to even have the money for pujols? I saw somewhere on here they said right now we were around 95, and pujols would take at least 25 a year. We would basically have to get rid of nolasco and someone else for a VERY cheap player. Or am I looking at this wrong?

 

 

Loria has proved in the past that he will expand payroll further than originally planned for the right player. It's also never been officially stated what our payroll plans are.

  • Author

Is it possible for us to even have the money for pujols? I saw somewhere on here they said right now we were around 95, and pujols would take at least 25 a year. We would basically have to get rid of nolasco and someone else for a VERY cheap player. Or am I looking at this wrong?

 

 

 

Ancient Aliens guy says it's possibly, so it's aliens.

No power?

 

 

This dude is trolling.

 

 

Trolling? I think he's just ignorant. There's a difference between a f***ing idiot and a troll.

Which one are you?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.