December 5, 201114 yr Oh my...Goodness. I've been a fan--again--since 2008 season--went from Marlins to Expos back in day....I'm loyal fan now...but wow, this is good good news. Reyes? Oh whoa...
December 5, 201114 yr Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think technically it is a 6 years/$111 million deal. Reyes earns $106 million from 2012-2017, but he'll get $5 million if the option for 2018 is declined. That means the extra money is guaranteed to him, bringing the total to $111 million of money committed to Reyes.
December 5, 201114 yr The marlins should start selling shorts and underwear because if we somehow sign pujols we will all need new ones
December 5, 201114 yr The marlins should start selling shorts and underwear because if we somehow sign pujols we will all need new ones If we sign both Pujols and Reyes...the city will collapse into the ocean..
December 5, 201114 yr The marlins should start selling shorts and underwear because if we somehow sign pujols we will all need new ones If we sign both Pujols and Reyes...the city will collapse into the ocean.. Miami will also be the most hated city in all of sports.
December 5, 201114 yr The marlins should start selling shorts and underwear because if we somehow sign pujols we will all need new ones If we sign both Pujols and Reyes...the city will collapse into the ocean.. Miami will also be the most hated city in all of sports. That is a chance I'm willing to take!
December 5, 201114 yr Haters gonna Hate First the Heat. Now the Marlins. You jealous, MLB? Muahahaha.
December 5, 201114 yr The marlins should start selling shorts and underwear because if we somehow sign pujols we will all need new ones If we sign both Pujols and Reyes...the city will collapse into the ocean.. Miami will also be the most hated city in all of sports. I'm quite fine with that. Would be a nice change of pace from all the NY/LA/BOS love.
December 5, 201114 yr Haters gonna Hate First the Heat. Then the Panthers. Now the Marlins. You jealous, MLB? Muahahaha. You can't forget.
December 5, 201114 yr Is there a way to get a Reyes jersey with the old Florida uniform? NO! GO AWAY! If there are still custom ones, just get one that says Reyes.
December 5, 201114 yr Brendan_Tobin Brendan Tobin From @jaysonst 1 source who spoke with the #Marlins said Reyes' contract was structured to sign one more prominent free agent
December 5, 201114 yr The video from BBTN here is just so beautiful: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7316606/miami-marlins-agree-six-year-deal-jose-reyes
December 5, 201114 yr Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think technically it is a 6 years/$111 million deal. Reyes earns $106 million from 2012-2017, but he'll get $5 million if the option for 2018 is declined. That means the extra money is guaranteed to him, bringing the total to $111 million of money committed to Reyes. From ESPN: The Miami Marlins and shortstop Jose Reyes agreed to terms on a six-year, $106 million deal Sunday, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney. The guarantee for the first six years totals $102 million, sources told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark. The deal includes an option for a seventh year, with a guaranteed $4 million. Sources told ESPNDeportes' Enrique Rojas that the option would be worth $22 million. http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7316606/miami-marlins-agree-six-year-deal-jose-reyes
December 5, 201114 yr Is there a way to get a Reyes jersey with the old Florida uniform? NO! GO AWAY! They say that a lot in North Carolina.
December 5, 201114 yr Is there a way to get a Reyes jersey with the old Florida uniform? NO! GO AWAY! They say that a lot in North Carolina. I don't get it, but I'm not an NC native...??
December 5, 201114 yr Now its time to trade hanley and LoMo to Seattle for King Felix and sign Albert.
December 5, 201114 yr Now its time to trade hanley and LoMo to Seattle for King Felix and sign Albert. Ok, Harold Reynolds.
December 5, 201114 yr I feel so much better about our infield now. I was worried we were going to end up with Aramis Ramirez or Dominguez at third.
December 5, 201114 yr I know that some are going over WAR numbers now, but I was wondering how much of an improvement Reyes at SS is really over a normal year from Hanley, and also how Hanley's WAR is going to play at third (though I am sure he will still be a plus player).
December 5, 201114 yr Sign Pujols, and all of a sudden, we have one of the top hitting lineups in the NL: Reyes Infante Hanley Pujols Stanton LoMo Would there be a better 3-4-5 set in baseball???
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.