January 13, 201214 yr Author I don't necessarily think there is a set rule for this stuff, but I think that Fielder loses by waiting. Teams have their rosters planned and money allocated much more definitively at this point. That's what dried up the market. The Angels are out by signing Pujols; the Cubs are out by trading for Rizzo. There really aren't many teams left that have the money to spend and a hole open at first base. I can agree with this. You can look at individual situations and make a reasonably reliable judgment; but, you can't make that determination on a widespread and definitive level. It could also be that 10 teams need a frontline starting pitcher, but there are only 5; when 4 sign with 4 teams, there are still 6 teams vying for that last pitcher, and his price could go up. Maybe this doesn't happen most of the time, but it still doesn't mean the other situation is as clearly/often the case as Dr. B asserted.
January 13, 201214 yr Well, whatever is going on, I hope he would sign with someone soon. I dont like drawn out courtships.
January 13, 201214 yr Author All I here is "blah blah blah". I'm pulling out the Dr. B stamp on this one. hear* "blah blah blah."*
January 14, 201214 yr Jon Heyman @JonHeymanCBS I dont know for sure but prince just might be able to order stone crabs on this multi-city excursion. #thetour
January 14, 201214 yr You can order joes and ship it to your house in Washington. What the f*** am I saying!?
January 14, 201214 yr You can order joes and ship it to your house in Washington. What the f*** am I saying!? That would be silly. We have much better crabs up here.
January 14, 201214 yr You can order joes and ship it to your house in Washington. What the f*** am I saying!? That would be silly. We have much better crabs up here. We all have crabs.
January 14, 201214 yr You can order joes and ship it to your house in Washington. What the f*** am I saying!? That would be silly. We have much better crabs up here. We all have crabs. Some are just bigger than others, right? You know im going to laugh if we end up signing this Mofo. Whoever keep saying that we were going too sign him earlier and kept pushing it is going to strut around here like a king.
January 14, 201214 yr Jokersgoon, you mean? Yeah him, like a bloody king I tell you. Naw, i wont. im not like that
January 14, 201214 yr Jokersgoon, you mean? Yeah him, like a bloody king I tell you. Naw, i wont. im not like that OH MY GOD, STOP ACTING LIKE A KING!
January 14, 201214 yr Jokersgoon, you mean? Yeah him, like a bloody king I tell you. Naw, i wont. im not like that OH MY GOD, STOP ACTING LIKE A KING! GET BACK TO WORK..YOU PEASANT!!!!! :jacobs
January 14, 201214 yr The source also said the Nationals are in serious competition with the Marlins and Rangers for Fielder's services, even though reports indicate that Miami is trying hard to land center fielder Yoenis Cespedes. It was also reported that Fielder had a meeting with the Rangers on Friday in Texas. mlb.com
January 14, 201214 yr The source also said the Nationals are in serious competition with the Marlins and Rangers for Fielder's services, even though reports indicate that Miami is trying hard to land center fielder Yoenis Cespedes. It was also reported that Fielder had a meeting with the Rangers on Friday in Texas. mlb.com Link?
January 14, 201214 yr here is the link for my last post. http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120114&content_id=26349882&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb
January 15, 201214 yr If rangers sign dervish, I think that takes them out of the running then again I may be wring. But that would leave it to the nats and marlins
January 15, 201214 yr Again, I wouldn't be surprised to see another Boras client go 1-year and try again. And I think Loria would shell out $30 Mill for one year of Prince, regardless or "spanish market" or not. Even if you trade away Gaby and Prince walks next year, you still have LoMo at 1st and a number of people in LF.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.