Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Prince Fielder to Tigers

Featured Replies

If they get Fielder they might be the second best team in the division on paper. That means that everyone stays healthy and Ryan Zimmerman/Jayson Werth bounce back.

 

It's also not out of the question that they win the division.

Yeah, Worthless might be of value now on that team. I'm not going to say they'll win it though. Still have to dethrone the Phillies. Plus will Strasburg make it through the season? They are in the same boat with the Marlins and JJ.

This has to be, without question, the best division in baseball ... with or without Fielder.

 

 

The AL East has four good teams, too.

Safe to say (at least I think it's safe to say) that the NL East is the best division in the NL and the AL East is the best in the AL. Just the way Biggie would like it.

This has to be, without question, the best division in baseball ... with or without Fielder.

 

 

The AL East has four good teams, too.

 

True. I guess I keep forgetting about the Blue Jays and how competitive they've gotten lately. Still, I think with the moves that have been made, this will be the closest division this year.

I wish we'd pull off one of those Yankees and Red Sox moves and either block the signing by signing him ourselves or bidding for him to raise his value so if they do sign him itll have to be for a ridiculously high and potentially crippling amount.

Legacy, how could you be so mean to this nice, young man? :(

Come, Fishes, I'll go buy you some ice cream. Dry up those tears!

 

That sounds like a highly inappropriate pickup up line. Here kid, you want some candy!

 

Canescop: It is kind of scary, you know.........My parents told me not to talk or listen to strangers :nugget

Even if the Nats sign Fielder to a "fair" contract they'll still be financially strapped with the extra plane they'll need specifically for him for away games.

  • Author

Even if the Nats sign Fielder to a "fair" contract they'll still be financially strapped with the extra plane they'll need specifically for him for away games.

 

8.2 for the concept; 2.8 for the execution ;)

Even if the Nats sign Fielder to a "fair" contract they'll still be financially strapped with the extra plane they'll need specifically for him for away games.

 

8.2 for the concept; 2.8 for the execution ;)

 

Yeah, too wordy. I'm usually better at this stuff.

Some Marlins executives have said they aren’t going to pursue Fielder, but it appears some front office members are intrigued, according to Heyman.

 

-MLBTR

Some Marlins executives have said they aren’t going to pursue Fielder, but it appears some front office members are intrigued, according to Heyman.

 

-MLBTR

 

Bulls***, Utter Bulls***

 

How many front office members do we have they make it sound like we have about 50.

Some Marlins executives have said they aren’t going to pursue Fielder, but it appears some front office members are intrigued, according to Heyman.

 

-MLBTR

 

Bulls***, Utter Bulls***

 

How many front office members do we have they make it sound like we have about 50.

 

Come on Marlins. Make a MOVE!!! We need him more than the NATS :horse

If we sign Fielder, I'll jump off a bridge and see if I live.

 

... in Skyrim, not reality. I value my real life too much.

 

 

I used to jump off bridges too, until I took an arrow to the knee.

  • Author

The Payroll is already $92MM; I doubt we pick up another $20+ for multiple season, unless we are subsequently able to deal Nolasco [and Gaby] and end up with a quality, cost-controlled SP. We'd still be close to $110MM, which is tough to imagine.

I doubt the Marlins are getting Fielder. Cespedes seems more likely to me at this point, if he's not asking for anything in the $60 million range.

 

But if Fielder were to become a Marlin, as someone mentioned in the Zambrano thread, the Fish would really kick some serious arse in a brawl.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.