Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Prince Fielder to Tigers

Featured Replies

Unless his price/years comes down by a lot, don't even think about Fielder. That being said, I really hope he goes to the AL

Probability of the Marlins signing Fielder = Zero. Point. Zero.

 

 

Thanks for literally spelling it out for the non math-minded.

If we sign Fielder, I'll jump off a bridge and see if I live.

 

... in Skyrim, not reality. I value my real life too much.

 

 

That's not hard to do if you have the Become ethereal shout....

If we sign Fielder, I'll jump off a bridge and see if I live.

 

... in Skyrim, not reality. I value my real life too much.

 

 

I used to jump off bridges too, until I took an arrow to the knee.

I just got this playing today.. lol

This is why we can't sign Fielder

 

 

You also have to factor in guys like Stanton who weigh a lot...of pure muscle, not fat.

 

The point being that we're at the perfect muscle weight.

 

Prince Fielder would easily throw us an extra 60 points, eh?

 

But seriously, anti-Fielder. Pro-Cespedes.

Recently posted on MLBTradeRumors:

 

The Nationals are “patiently and aggressively� pursuing Fielder, Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports. Nationals principal owners Ted and Mark Lerner met with agent Scott Boras at the owners’ meetings this evening, according to Kilgore. Boras touched base with other owners, including Jeffrey Loria of the Marlins.

That reads more like Boras is having trouble finding bidders for Fielder and contacted Loria.

 

The market for Fielder has been really quiet probably because most teams are hesitant to give him a big contract. The Brewers' original offer is about as much as I would be comfortable paying for him.

^when that news broke I think Boras negated it like an hour later. I think he'd already have been signed if he'd take a 3 yr deal

Would be sweet if I just randomly checked espn and found out that we signed him, with no rumored interest. That would be and awesome surprise.

But seriously, anti-Fielder. Pro-Cespedes.

 

 

I'm not pro or anti either, but while Cespedes is in superior physical condition in comparison to Fielder, it is Fielder who has six-plus years of experience as a proven Major League slugger. We know Fielder can hit Major League pitching, but Cespedes is yet to prove that. I mean, they both have their pros and cons. Both are gambles in one way or another.

No matter how much we want him to, fat boy is not going to play outfield and we already have 2 MLB-caliber first basemen.

No matter how much we want him to, fat boy is not going to play outfield and we already have 2 MLB-caliber first basemen.

 

 

Gaby Sanchez is not holding back the signing of Fielder.

No matter how much we want him to, fat boy is not going to play outfield and we already have 2 MLB-caliber first basemen.

 

It could work. Have fielder play lf and boni center. Just tell hanley/reyes/boni to get the ball if it isn't going directly to him. Instruct fielder to only take 5 steps, and not to run, but lightly jog. If he can't get it, someone else will.

... this could actually work.

I wonder if Prince Fielder knows that holdouts price only increases for so long. After they peak, they plummet.

 

Prince doesn't have to know this. Boras does.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.