Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Prince Fielder to Tigers

Featured Replies

Honestly, I would of been fine with just CJ Wilson. If we would of signed him.. I would of said no to Prince or anyone else..

 

 

Of course that would've been the last signing, pitching rotation completely solidified, if any move were to be made after perhaps nolasco would've been traded

 

But we lost out on CJ which puts us in a tough spot and so far we're not linked to any solution

Honestly, I would of been fine with just CJ Wilson. If we would of signed him.. I would of said no to Prince or anyone else..

 

 

Of course that would've been the last signing, pitching rotation completely solidified, if any move were to be made after perhaps nolasco would've been traded

 

But we lost out on CJ which puts us in a tough spot and so far we're not linked to any solution

 

yea well the team knows acquiring a starter will be very hard so in reality i was more pissed about wilson not signing than pujols because we really need another arm.

Beinfest: "We still have some things cooking, I just don't know if it will be at the pace we just had - the pace or magnitude"

 

Sh*t that better not mean Edwin Jackson lol

Beinfest: "We still have some things cooking, I just don't know if it will be at the pace we just had - the pace or magnitude"

 

Sh*t that better not mean Edwin Jackson lol

 

 

where did u find that quote?

Beinfest: "We still have some things cooking, I just don't know if it will be at the pace we just had - the pace or magnitude"

 

Sh*t that better not mean Edwin Jackson lol

 

 

where did u find that quote?

 

Miami herald

Jeffrey Loria on whether #Marlins will get in on Prince Fielder: "oh, I don't know about that. We'll see.""

 

Samson #Marlins never had interest in Prince Fielder

 

-Capozzi

Jeffrey Loria on whether #Marlins will get in on Prince Fielder: "oh, I don't know about that. We'll see.""

 

Samson #Marlins never had interest in Prince Fielder

 

-Capozzi

 

They could be still deciding whether or not they'll make a push for him, or they are in the process of strategizing. We know what they're capable of now, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did throw their hat in the ring.

Jeffrey Loria on whether #Marlins will get in on Prince Fielder: "oh, I don't know about that. We'll see.""

 

Samson #Marlins never had interest in Prince Fielder

 

-Capozzi

 

We gotta play it like the Angels did Pujols. Nope we have no interest and then swoop in.

Jeffrey Loria on whether #Marlins will get in on Prince Fielder: "oh, I don't know about that. We'll see.""

 

Samson #Marlins never had interest in Prince Fielder

 

-Capozzi

 

We gotta play it like the Angels did Pujols. Nope we have no interest and then swoop in.

 

That's what I was thinking. I think they learned a lot from the Pujols/Wilson negotiations.

Samson is also tricky with his wording.

 

The Marlins never HAD interest in Fielder. Maybe now they do.

Jeffrey Loria on whether #Marlins will get in on Prince Fielder: "oh, I don't know about that. We'll see.""

 

Samson #Marlins never had interest in Prince Fielder

 

-Capozzi

 

We gotta play it like the Angels did Pujols. Nope we have no interest and then swoop in.

 

That's what I was thinking. I think they learned a lot from the Pujols/Wilson negotiations.

Me too, to think they have no interest what so ever seems odd to me, and then it came to me....ah....a ploy

Surprised about the Edwin Jackson part

 

 

Too much of a risk. We have money to spend, not money to BURN. I still like Nolasco and Volstad... You can always make a move during the season.

I wouldn't mind going out and trading for a veteran like Dempster (1 year/14 mil remaining).. wouldn't have to give up much and then hope the Cubs eat some of the cash... would give you an innings eater and would also leave the door open for signing one of the studs in next years SP class.

Samson on why no Prince: There's Albert and then there's everyone else when it comes to that type of franchise-changing contract. #Marlins

 

-Juan Rod

Samson on why no Prince: There's Albert and then there's everyone else when it comes to that type of franchise-changing contract. #Marlins

 

-Juan Rod

 

. . . There's a 32 year-old who maybe good for half of the lucrative contract and then there's everyone else?! . . . I get the idea of drawing in fans by promoting the best active latin bat in the game, but seriously?! Prince isnt just "everyone else" and will be in his prime at magic 27. Why is he allowed to talk?!

Fielder played in more games, had more HRs, RBIs, doubles than Pujols with a higher slugging percentage and walked twice as much.

 

Pujols numbers have been declining for 4 years.. won't surprise me if Fielder outproduces Pujols for the next 5 years and beyond.

I like the way the Marlins are playing this if they are gonna go after Fielder. Would have really liked CJ though.

 

After these winter meetings and all these FA signings I feel like a junkie who needs another fix. Sign more big FA!!!!!

off-topic and not sure it deserves it's own thread but how does everyone feel about abreu as a part time outfielder

 

 

Good leader, another latin influence, past his prime but why the hell not? I mean, if Dobbs doesn't return you have a veteran left-handed bat off the bench. Granted, our other OFer on the bench will also be lefty, whether its Peterson or Coghlan...

*Bump*

 

ESPN lists all teams 1-30 that should be interested in Fielder. Marlins came in at #4, and here's what they had to say:

 

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7359082/who-sign-prince-fielder

 

4. Miami Marlins: They slapped the full-court press on Pujols, to the point where the Marlins seemed like shoo-ins at one point during last week's Winter Meetings to land the franchise first baseman. Didn't happen. But the same reasons that made Pujols make sense in Miami apply to Fielder: If you're going to spend $191 million for Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle, and Heath Bell, you might as well go all the way and get the middle-of-the-order star who could potentially push your team over the top. CAIRO pegs the Marlins at just 81 wins, which seems schadenfreudily low, but in a division manned by the loaded Phillies, the very capable Braves, and even the frisky Nationals, it's fair to say the Fish don't have enough right now. Signing Fielder and trading Gaby Sanchez for a no. 4 starter could net the Marlins something like eight wins in 2012, a massive boost given where they'll likely end up on the win curve.

"The Rangers and Marlins won’t bid on Fielder, according to Rosenthal’s sources."-MLBTR

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.