Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Prince Fielder to Tigers

Featured Replies

Third-place team? Please. Was Albert going to single-handedly win the division for the Marlins? No. This is already a contending team on paper and they're not even done making moves yet just because winter meetings are over.

I'd rather hold on to that money to secure contracts for our young guys. No point in spending 4 years, $58 Million on an older pitcher like Beurhle just to make us a third place team.

To the Debbie Downers:

 

 

JoeFrisaro Joe Frisaro

 

 

 

 

For the #Marlins to leave Dallas w/ Bell, Reyes, Buehrle, no fan of the team should be disappointed. Benchmark week in club history

 

 

So we're a third place team next season instead of a last place team next season.

What is it about marlins FA signings that brings out the dumbest fans?

 

Says the guy who guaranteed Pujols was coming to Miami.

Third-place team? Please. Was Albert going to single-handedly win the division for the Marlins? No. This is already a contending team on paper and they're not even done making moves yet just because winter meetings are over.

 

 

You act like I wanted Albert Pujols.

Last season was a fluke anyway. Injuries killed us. We had a competitive team the years before finishing 2nd and third with basically what we had now minus the new up and coming young guys. The free agents we just signed pushed us over the top.

Third-place team? Please. Was Albert going to single-handedly win the division for the Marlins? No. This is already a contending team on paper and they're not even done making moves yet just because winter meetings are over.

 

 

You act like I wanted Albert Pujols.

We all did, you'd be stupid to say you didn't.

Everyone would love Pujols on their team, the Angels just pushed the envelope far enough.

Third-place team? Please. Was Albert going to single-handedly win the division for the Marlins? No. This is already a contending team on paper and they're not even done making moves yet just because winter meetings are over.

 

 

You act like I wanted Albert Pujols.

We all did, you'd be stupid to say you didn't.

Everyone would love Pujols on their team, the Angels just pushed the envelope far enough.

 

Yeah, I'd be stupid for not wanting a 10-year contract for a 32 year old who's numbers are already declining steadily in the past four years.

In the last 4 years, he's been in the top 5 of the MVP race, winning it twice and finishing in second in another. "Ooh, his average dropped." Big deal. The power's still there.

 

 

And as for your earlier comment on Buehrle being "old" - he's 32. He's middle-aged.

Rosenthal

High-ranking #Marlins official says team is not and will not be on Prince. Prince can't drive Latin market like Pujols could have. #MLB

 

 

I think that's a stupid reason. If he helps us win, people could care less if he was red. He's still a good player who could be exciting for us.

Rosenthal

High-ranking #Marlins official says team is not and will not be on Prince. Prince can't drive Latin market like Pujols could have. #MLB

 

 

I still wouldn't say they aren't in on Prince, but probably not as hard as they were on Albert. I think the Marlins will wait and see what kind of offers Prince has on the table and jump in if they feel they can get him at a good price.

I really think they should reconsider this Fielder issue. But man, Im I afraid of giving this guy 7-9 years.

 

 

Angels just went 10 years 250 mill for Pujols, rumor is we offered 275 mil

 

give Fielder 9 years right now

I really think they should reconsider this Fielder issue. But man, Im I afraid of giving this guy 7-9 years.

 

 

Angels just went 10 years 250 mill for Pujols, rumor is we offered 275 mil

 

give Fielder 9 years right now

WHAT rumor said we offered $275mm?!

Our offer maxed at $220mm, if I remember correctly. Where the hell did you hear 275? Lozano would have been the world's biggest idiot to not accept 275.

Rosenthal

High-ranking #Marlins official says team is not and will not be on Prince. Prince can't drive Latin market like Pujols could have. #MLB

 

Dumb

Rosenthal

High-ranking #Marlins official says team is not and will not be on Prince. Prince can't drive Latin market like Pujols could have. #MLB

 

Dumb

Its probably a nice way of saying he's too fat.

Is that what your sources are telling you?

I really think they should reconsider this Fielder issue. But man, Im I afraid of giving this guy 7-9 years.

 

 

Angels just went 10 years 250 mill for Pujols, rumor is we offered 275 mil

 

give Fielder 9 years right now

WHAT rumor said we offered $275mm?!

Our offer maxed at $220mm, if I remember correctly. Where the hell did you hear 275? Lozano would have been the world's biggest idiot to not accept 275.

 

I saw that also like 10 min ago on mlb network. Millar was saying it couldnt be true and from unnamed source.

If we offered Pujols 275 he would be here right now. No-trade clause or not.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.