Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is throwing out the 1st pitch ?

Featured Replies

Might have seemed like a good idea on paper, but man that was hard to watch.

 

I grew up watching Ali fight, and I prefer to remember him that way.

 

All the best, Champ.

 

 

.

That was just incredibly tough to watch.

 

It would have helped if that cart didn't move slower than 1 MPH.

 

Not sure it could or should have with him in the condition he is in, to be honest.

That was just incredibly tough to watch.

 

It would have helped if that cart didn't move slower than 1 MPH.

 

Yeah, seemed like it took years.

That was a sad "first pitch".

Ali is clearly not up to these things.

I'm surprised and saddened that the parties involved had this happen.

Kudos though to Hanley, who amongst the awkwardness took charge and calmed Ali with one hand while grabbing and co-holding the ball with Ali, thus stopping Ali's shaking.

.

So...as of now it appears that there wasn't really a first pitch actually thrown.

I mean, fine. But who is synonymous with baseball in Miami?

 

I'd have gone with a retiree like Conine or Sheffield. Probably Conine.

 

Never would I have trotted out a man, sad to say it, on death's door to celebrate the birth of a new team.

Not a good move to have him come looking like that, looks like hes almost dead..plus no body threw anything! I would have had Conine toss the first pitch or at least someone who is not on their death bed. Love the stadium, the fans, and the players, but this was really a stupid move.

i agree with the majority of you lads...it was sad to see and just incredibly awkward. the only thing I can think of is that when they decided who was going to throw out the first pitch Ali wasn't nearly this bad. Perhaps he's been rapidly regressing over the last few months or something? it was an awful way to open a stadium. the guy didn't even have anything to do with the Marlins or baseball (that I know of) and a pitch was never thrown! this stadium is now cursed

  • Author

I mean, fine. But who is synonymous with baseball in Miami?

 

 

Andre Dawson, Ron Fraser or Lenny Harris.

 

I think it would have been a great gesture to the African-American community, had they let Dawson, Harris and CJ do a triple throw out 1st pitch. Especially in the wake of the Trayvon Martin scandal.

I mean, fine. But who is synonymous with baseball in Miami?

 

 

Andre Dawson, Ron Fraser or Lenny Harris.

 

I think it would have been a great gesture to the African-American community, had they let Dawson, Harris and CJ do a triple throw out 1st pitch. Especially in the wake of the Trayvon Martin scandal.

 

I agree.

 

I think it should've been Al Sharpton, though.

I mean, fine. But who is synonymous with baseball in Miami?

 

 

Andre Dawson, Ron Fraser or Lenny Harris.

 

I think it would have been a great gesture to the African-American community, had they let Dawson, Harris and CJ do a triple throw out 1st pitch. Especially in the wake of the Trayvon Martin scandal.

Not a single one of those people would have been a good choice, IMO.

I have yet to hear or read anything negative about Ali's first pitch except on this board. Which doesnt mean someone else won't pick up on it.

 

I agree it was akward and they should have sped it up but I'm sure Ali appreciated the gesture.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.