The Franchise

Admin

Now that Hanley has 10 RBI in his last ten games. He's on pace for 22 home runs and 97 RBI.

So he's getting paid $15 million for two years to be Aramis Ramirez.

I like this trade more and more.

hes worth that money if he puts up those numbers. it just wasnt going to happen here. doesnt mean he isnt a good player.

Now that Hanley has 10 RBI in his last ten games. He's on pace for 22 home runs and 97 RBI.

So he's getting paid $15 million for two years to be Aramis Ramirez.

I like this trade more and more.

hes worth that money if he puts up those numbers. it just wasnt going to happen here. doesnt mean he isnt a good player.

He's worth 15 Million at a 300 average with 25+ HR and 100+ RBI's

He's worth 4 Million at 240 with 22 and 100.

How anyone can say the show is boring must have so much interesting stuff going on in their life. I personally like getting a look into the players lives and the happenings of the team, however sh*tty the team may be. I wonder how'd many of the people bitching at the show have actually watched more than one episode.

How anyone can say the show is boring must have so much interesting stuff going on in their life. I personally like getting a look into the players lives and the happenings of the team, however sh*tty the team may be. I wonder how'd many of the people bitching at the show have actually watched more than one episode.

I think after the third show, it was like watching "inside the marlins" rated "R" version.. that's all it was

I must say that overall the show was a disappointment. It was stupid how they produced it so the first half of the season (when all the interesting stuff was happening) was condensed basically into less than an hour. That left most of the episodes to cover a AAAA team out of contention.

They should have given us hour long episodes bi-weekly from spring training. Showtime just planned it really poorly.

That left most of the episodes to cover a AAAA team out of contention.

An AAAA team? I think your A key must have gotten stuck...they are more like anAA minor league team. If you were to take Stanton, Reyes, and Lee out of the lineup, the team would be a Single A minor league team. Those three guys are worth way more than the other 5 regular guys in the rotation (I'm not counting the pitchers because they are traditionally poor hitters anyway)

I have friends all across the country that have said "its boring". But to be fair, they also thought last year with San Francisco was boring too. No one I know that isn't a Marlins fan is watching it, and they had been getting very low ratings is what I heard from someone on the radio today. I have no idea if that is true.

I'm guessing it won't be nominated for any Emmy's this year.

For an "all access" program, Showtime didn't really show us very much. I didn't expect to see a bunch of players talking sh*t about Hanley behind his back or anything, but I would have liked to have seen more behind the scenes stuff with baseball operations. It would have been great TV to be able to watch how trade negotiations unfold between GMs or how the Marlins FO was planning these moves. In fact, the Showtime scheduling/editing (whatever) was so poor that it didn't really depict a team with high expectations crumbling apart. That's because the first half of the season was reduced to roughly 60 minutes total and much of that filled with garbage like David Samson running a marathon.

It didn't help that the episodes were only 30 minutes long. There wasn't much room for substance when you consider about a third of that was just game highlights. In the end, The Franchise was basically an uncensored This Week in Baseball.

The Marlins disastrous April through July should have been great documentary television, but I think Showtime botched it.

For an "all access" program, Showtime didn't really show us very much. I didn't expect to see a bunch of players talking sh*t about Hanley behind his back or anything, but I would have liked to have seen more behind the scenes stuff with baseball operations. It would have been great TV to be able to watch how trade negotiations unfold between GMs or how the Marlins FO was planning these moves. In fact, the Showtime scheduling/editing (whatever) was so poor that it didn't really depict a team with high expectations crumbling apart. That's because the first half of the season was reduced to roughly 60 minutes total and much of that filled with garbage like David Samson running a marathon.

It didn't help that the episodes were only 30 minutes long. There wasn't much room for substance when you consider about a third of that was just game highlights. In the end, The Franchise was basically an uncensored This Week in Baseball.

The Marlins disastrous April through July should have been great documentary television, but I think Showtime botched it.

I think much of it is that the Marlins are one of the least popular teams in baseball. If they had remained relevant the ratings would have been good but a clue was when Showtime cut the episode time down to 30 minutes. Lets face it we were hated by many since 1997 when we were accused of "buying" the World Series, and compounded by the firesale, low attendance, and the worst of all, preventing the Cubs from getting to the World Series.

Many people I know actively root against or have complete indifference for the Marlins and treat the franchise as a joke. Loria's & SAmson's personas don't help the situation.

I don't expect people here to agree with that but it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

For what it's worth, they did show the trade negotiations. I thought it could have been better, but it wasn't that bad. As for reducing the first half to x amount of minutes, that was expected since they did the same thing with the Giants last year, I believe.

For what it's worth, they did show the trade negotiations. I thought it could have been better, but it wasn't that bad. As for reducing the first half to x amount of minutes, that was expected since they did the same thing with the Giants last year, I believe.

They didn't really show it. You basically heard a little bit of Beinfest talking to Dombrowski after the trade had been agreed upon. That was practically nothing.

I didn't see the Giants version, either. If Showtime made the same mistake last season, that doesn't justify it. It's bad producing if you ask me.

They didn't really show it. You basically heard a little bit of Beinfest talking to Dombrowski after the trade had been agreed upon. That was practically nothing.

I didn't see the Giants version, either. If Showtime made the same mistake last season, that doesn't justify it. It's bad producing if you ask me.

I agree its been rather disappointing in the content shown.

It was a mistake for both Showtime and the Marlins to agree to do he show.

Even if the Marlins were still in contention, the fact remains that we are one of the least popular teams in MLB. Due to this, viewership was Always going to be an issue.

No one cares about some lame "prank" the relief pitchers play on each other. That was actually the worst episode of The Franchise I have seen Out of both seasons.

It was a mistake for both Showtime and the Marlins to agree to do he show.

Even if the Marlins were still in contention, the fact remains that we are one of the least popular teams in MLB. Due to this, viewership was Always going to be an issue.

No one cares about some lame "prank" the relief pitchers play on each other. That was actually the worst episode of The Franchise I have seen Out of both seasons.

Wow really? One of the worst episodes you have ever seen? I enjoyed the episode and liked seeing the prank so I wouldn't say no one cared.

I think people expected Showtime to only showcase one aspect of the team and couldn't bring themselves to get past that idea. That didnt focus on one adpect whether it was the teams performance, behind the scenes onfield stuff, behind the scenes off field stuff. The show highlighted different aspects and didn't stick to one thing. I liked every segment they showed for different reasons.

I'm not singing showtimes praise only. I thought the episode length and the half season crammed into one was idiotic and really hurt them in the long run. there was a lot more they could have brought us in on that was on glanced over or not even mentioned at all.

The show brought inside access to my favorite team when I was unable to see it otherwise. I enjoy getting to know the players and hearing their stories and I enjoyed the on field stuff more.

I'm sorry so many of you couldn't get excited to watch it. Im just hoping we still get a DVD like the Giants did.

Has it actually been reported that the ratings were poor (or poor in relation to last season)? I know the show is cancelled for the rest of the season, but that sounds mostly to do with the Marlins no longer being an "interesting" team under present circumstances. I haven't heard yet that the show won't be back next season with a new team to cover.