The Franchise

Guest Guest

Showtime is saying that the episodes are going to be 30 minutes long. Before the season they were debating whether the episodes were going to be 30 mins or 60 mins. Last year the episodes for the Giants were each 60 minutes...Don't understand how "The Beard" and his Giants could be more interesting than the Marlins this season...Really surprised that the episodes are gonna be just 30 mins.

The official start of The Franchise: A Season With The Miami Marlins, isn’t until July, but Showtime is airing a 30-minute preview show on April 21 at 9 p.m. As Showtime describes it: “The preview episode will give viewers a first look at season two of this Emmy-nominated series as camera crews captured the operations and activities of the team from Spring Training through the opening weeks of the season. It will also feature exclusive all-access coverage of Marlins management and players both on and off-the-field, the pomp and circumstance of the opening of Marlins Park and the events surrounding the suspension of manager Ozzie Guillen.�

The series will debut on July 11 at 10 p.m. with an hour-long episode. Every Wednesday thereafter, a new 30-minute episode will air for seven weeks…

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_baseball_marlins/2012/04/miami-marlins-preview-episode-of-the-franchise-will-air-april-21-on-showtime-infante-hitting-fifth.html

Guest Guest

I probably would have subscribed to Showtime for this if the episodes were 60 minutes long. Since we are basically getting half the content now, I probably won't bother.

This is a major fail on Showtime's part.

I probably would have subscribed to Showtime for this if the episodes were 60 minutes long. Since we are basically getting half the content now, I probably won't bother.

This is a major fail on Showtime's part.

I agree, I love these shows when the format is an hour long, each show feels like it has its own narrative, sub-plots, each show feels like a stand alone documentary. the half hour thing just doesn't make sense to me... I know damn well they have the footage too, that's why its so disappointing.

Guest Guest

Yeah, I mean the production of it looks great from the preview, but at 30 minutes per episode they are really going to water this stuff down. I don't think that will be worth a Showtime subscription, so I'll just wait to watch it at some other point.

It's a shame because I think they could easily doubt the running time (from 30 to 60 min) and not have the show be boring and tedious.

Guest Guest

30 Minutes is BS. Is that with or without commercials? That sucks.

Premium cable doesn't have commercials, so it's 30 full minutes. That's still way too short, though, for the amount of material (filmed already or not yet filmed), they should have available.

Premium cable doesn't have commercials, so it's 30 full minutes. That's still way too short, though, for the amount of material (filmed already or not yet filmed), they should have available.

They skip large sections of the season. Last year they jumped from the first week of the season directly to the All Star Break.

Guest Guest

They skip large sections of the season. Last year they jumped from the first week of the season directly to the All Star Break.

So what?

The Ozzie-Castro thing alone can easily fill an hour.

They are also under no obligation to follow the same model they did last time, either.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.