Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Franchise

Featured Replies

Wow, hard to believe how crass the Marlins front office is, I guess they didn't care how classless they looked,

Otherwise it was entertaining to see a closer insight into the team.

Consider the environment. Also, the culture you have built in your head of working professionals is most likely entirely inaccurate. Hopefully you get to see what I'm talking about one day.

Even for you, this is super condescending.

Well bell was like do you want me to shove it up their ass and I won't let you down.

 

Ok 14 straight saves is nice but then the 4 run blown lead to st louis, blowing the comeback in Millewaukee, almost blowing the first game against the cardinals, and then giving up an agonizing 3 runs in the last game before the break.

 

It think "their asses" is actually the marlins and not the opposing team. But I guess hes angry he found out through the media that he wasn't the closer anymore.

Are they selling individual episodes anywhere like iTunes or Amazon or do I have to wait for DVD/BluRay? I don't have money for cable, much less Showtime.

  • Author

Why can't some of you (those who already have cable or satellite) just pony up the extra $10-20/month and subcribe to Showtime while the series is airing? That's basically the cost of a movie ticket. And it's not like buying a movie ticket where there is a real possibility of the moving sucking and being a waste of $12.

 

My provider was already giving me a free trial so that's how I'm watching it.

I thought the show was pretty good, for the first episode. I would kinda like to see a little less of the upper echelon of the FO and some of the "peons." That's probably not gonna happen tho. And some players didn't embrace this whole thing. I saw a quote from Behrle saying they could have done an entire hour on him being creative in dodging the cameras.

Why can't some of you (those who already have cable or satellite) just pony up the extra $10-20/month and subcribe to Showtime while the series is airing? That's basically the cost of a movie ticket. And it's not like buying a movie ticket where there is a real possibility of the moving sucking and being a waste of $12.

 

My provider was already giving me a free trial so that's how I'm watching it.

 

 

and it will on be on what 2, 3 months tops? Thats how i justified it.

I thought the show was pretty good, for the first episode. I would kinda like to see a little less of the upper echelon of the FO and some of the "peons." That's probably not gonna happen tho. And some players didn't embrace this whole thing. I saw a quote from Behrle saying they could have done an entire hour on him being creative in dodging the cameras.

 

 

Well, to be fair, Buehrle famously (or infamously) absolutely hates being on camera. He, as much as any player I've ever heard of, hates even doing those interviews that Fox does during and after games.

Absolutely. I'm a big fan.

It seems from watching the round table discussion that the FO thinks we can pull out of this and will not be selling.

 

It also seems like nobody really knows what the hell they're doing.

It seems from watching the round table discussion that the FO thinks we can pull out of this and will not be selling.

 

It also seems like nobody really knows what the hell they're doing.

 

 

Seemed to me they realized completely what's going on. Players are hitting 50 points below their career averages and others are playing to what they are capable off.

It seems from watching the round table discussion that the FO thinks we can pull out of this and will not be selling.

 

It also seems like nobody really knows what the hell they're doing.

 

 

Seemed to me they realized completely what's going on. Players are hitting 50 points below their career averages and others are playing to what they are capable off.

 

Right, but I got the impression that they weren't ready to sell any of the "core" players. (Hanley, Jose, Giancarlo, Omar)

 

I could be completely wrong, of course.

I think the front office will know what to do after the Braves take us to the woodshed next week. It'll be a demolition, similar to what happened the last played they played us. The disgust in the front office will be palpable, and we'll get a taste of it on the Franchise, two episodes from now. I've got my DVR on record.

That was the best episode so far. The saddest part for us as Marlins fans was when the Marlins told Omar Infante that he was traded back to the Tigers, the first thing to come out of his mouth was "thank you", and Ozzie immediately giving him the middle finger :p

That was the best episode so far. The saddest part for us as Marlins fans was when the Marlins told Omar Infante that he was traded back to the Tigers, the first thing to come out of his mouth was "thank you", and Ozzie immediately giving him the middle finger :p

 

 

Sounds funny. Working the town tonight do I'll have to watch when I get off in the morning.

That was the best episode so far. The saddest part for us as Marlins fans was when the Marlins told Omar Infante that he was traded back to the Tigers, the first thing to come out of his mouth was "thank you", and Ozzie immediately giving him the middle finger :p

 

did this really happen ? lol

There was a copy of "Moneyball" (the book) on Beinfest's shelf when he was phoning Loria and Dombrowski about the Anibal Sanchez trade.

 

 

sh*t, I need To go change my response to that guys post. It's obvious we are working on the moneyball method now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.