April 19, 201214 yr I've seen so much love for Infante to start the season. I think we're forgetting just how good Bonifacio has been to begin this season. 9 SB's in 13 games. .340 BA with a .441 OBP. I, and a lot of other people had major doubts about Bonifacio heading into this season, but so far he's been playing like Michael Bourn did during his All Star days (day). Small sample size? Definitely. But I'm absolutely amazed just how much Bonifacio has progressed from being one of the biggest reasons we missed the playoffs in 2009 to playing like he has recently.
April 19, 201214 yr I've seen so much love for Infante to start the season. I think we're forgetting just how good Bonifacio has been to begin this season. 9 SB's in 13 games. .340 BA with a .441 OBP. I, and a lot of other people had major doubts about Bonifacio heading into this season, but so far he's been playing like Michael Bourn did during his All Star days (day). Small sample size? Definitely. But I'm absolutely amazed just how much Bonifacio has progressed from being one of the biggest reasons we missed the playoffs in 2009 to playing like he has recently. Glad to see you're a VIP now; you must've done well for Chanukah, boychik.
April 19, 201214 yr I've seen so much love for Infante to start the season. I think we're forgetting just how good Bonifacio has been to begin this season. 9 SB's in 13 games. .340 BA with a .441 OBP. I, and a lot of other people had major doubts about Bonifacio heading into this season, but so far he's been playing like Michael Bourn did during his All Star days (day). Small sample size? Definitely. But I'm absolutely amazed just how much Bonifacio has progressed from being one of the biggest reasons we missed the playoffs in 2009 to playing like he has recently. Glad to see you're a VIP now; you must've done well for Chanukah, boychik. Nice Yiddish there. You're sounding pretty orthodox...
April 19, 201214 yr I've seen so much love for Infante to start the season. I think we're forgetting just how good Bonifacio has been to begin this season. 9 SB's in 13 games. .340 BA with a .441 OBP. I, and a lot of other people had major doubts about Bonifacio heading into this season, but so far he's been playing like Michael Bourn did during his All Star days (day). Small sample size? Definitely. But I'm absolutely amazed just how much Bonifacio has progressed from being one of the biggest reasons we missed the playoffs in 2009 to playing like he has recently. EB is the player I'm most impressed by.You rarely see a player develop plate discipline at the mlb level from night to day like Boni has done. He's playing out of his mind, pretty sure all-star caliber if he keeps this up. Edit - Today, he took an 0-2 count and walked on the next 4 pitches. Lo vi.
April 19, 201214 yr Where is Scott Olsen nowadays? He cleans a mean car. Does he yell at himself when he misses a spot?
April 19, 201214 yr He's actually in the White Sox organization. They needed some extra llama drama depth after Ozzie left.
April 20, 201214 yr Really nice to see the level of play being a continuation of his 2011 second half. Love those delayed steals. Defensively, the little bobbles he has while trying to pick up a ball to throw in is a little concern, but it seems like he just needs to slow the game down in his head a bit when that happens. There is always something to work on, no matter who the player is. During one game Tommy and Rich were talking about him and Rich was a little worried because Boni didn't take any walks during ST. Tommy said something like, "Hard to work on your swing when you are working on your walks." I busted up. I'm sure he was just joking around, but it hit me as really funny.
April 20, 201214 yr He's quickly becoming my favorite player. He's a really fan friendly guy too. I was at the game on Wednesday and he waved to fans and did the "lo viste" sign back to all of the fans that did it to him. He also never says no to an autograph from what I've seen at ST. Cool guy. Really nice to see him maturing into a good player, especially after how he started out.
April 20, 201214 yr I'm loving it so far. Now if Jose could turn it on like Boni has... the NL would be in trouble.
April 21, 201214 yr To think back at the level of hate Bonifacio used to receive on here. It was near-Julion levels.
April 23, 201214 yr 2 games games have passed since this got started and he's completely sucked. I think this thread broke boni again. The ultimate jinx.
April 23, 201214 yr *sigh* Why is it that we can't have just run into good pitching instead of "Bonifacio sucks now?"
April 23, 201214 yr 2 games games have passed since this got started and he's completely sucked. I think this thread broke boni again. The ultimate jinx. *sigh* Why is it that we can't have just run into good pitching instead of "Bonifacio sucks now?" Oh, I wasn't really being serious.
April 23, 201214 yr To think back at the level of hate Bonifacio used to receive on here. Not from me, always had faith. The fact I've met him had no bearing on my ... faith. Really.
April 23, 201214 yr Just got offered bonifacio for Kevin youkilis on my fantasy team. Don't know what to think of these two guys. Yea youkilis might bounce back, but with bonifacio being able to play so many different positions he becomes more valuable
April 23, 201214 yr Boni has been one of my favorite Marlins for a LONG TIME. I actually took this pic of him back in 2009, and MaXx and Miri took it to spring training and EB signed it for me.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.