Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4/24 post game

Featured Replies

We keep saying it is early, at the rate it is going, it will be august and we will still be saying it is early.

JJ was at 102 pitches and the organization is clearly being cautious with him for obvious reasons.

 

Blaming Ozzie for pitchers not being able to throw strikes makes no sense. What would you have liked him to do? He went with the matchups.

Jesus H. Christ, Some of you guys make me want to run head first into a wall and make me wonder how horribly you would run a team. Some of you would probably have 3 managers in two years and be fielding a team of minor leaguers because you haven't declared that they "suck" yet like half these scrubs were fielding. :sarcasm:

 

I don't care who's pitching but 4 straight walks between JJ and the rest of the bullpen in that situation is straight up embarrassing. Doesn't matter who got pulled or the reason, Do your damn job and get one out.

 

Some of you guys must have forgot how Ol' Freddy managed the bullpen.

It's early.

Jesus H. Christ, Some of you guys make me want to run head first into a wall and make me wonder how horribly you would run a team. Some of you would probably have 3 managers in two years and be fielding a team of minor leaguers because you haven't declared that they "suck" yet like half these scrubs were fielding. :sarcasm:

 

I don't care who's pitching but 4 straight walks between JJ and the rest of the bullpen in that situation is straight up embarrassing. Doesn't matter who got pulled or the reason, Do your damn job and get one out.

 

Some of you guys must have forgot how Ol' Freddy managed the bullpen.

 

 

I agree. Bullpen sucked it up. Also the one run we got was pretty lucky as Stanton was out by a mile at home, but the short hop throw bailed us out. Offense is really anemic right now.

We keep saying it is early, at the rate it is going, it will be august and we will still be saying it is early.

 

 

Just keep reminding yourself.... we were 29-19 last year before it all went to cack. It really is still very early and gotta hope this offense can turn it around while the starting pitching remains this strong.

 

I HATE losing to the Mets, but I'm happy about JJ's performance. His slider seemed to be biting nicely and we're going to need him bigtime if we do make the playoffs.

We keep saying it is early, at the rate it is going, it will be august and we will still be saying it is early.

 

August shall come at the same rate, regardless; I guarantee it.

Coghlan is not fitted PH and replacing defensive OF, I think. I mean he didn't have enough PH situation.

 

I think Petersen would be better option than CC as a PH.

Coghlan is not fitted PH and replacing defensive OF, I think. I mean he didn't have enough PH situation.

 

I think Petersen would be better option than CC as a PH.

 

So, two days ago you wanted him to start, and now he's not good enough to be a pinch hitter? :lol

Great manager we got our hands on.

 

Ozzie didn't really mess up anything. The relievers just couldn't get the job done. I don't blame him for pulling guys after they walked their first batter.

 

The only think I would have managed differently was using another pinch hitter instead of Coghlan, because Coghlan sucks.

if they were gonna fire him they would've done it already. he's here to stay.

 

no idea why he pulled jj for choate. jj was dominating and only at 102. ozzie should've known mets could PH with righty, and choate is awful vs righties.

 

stick with your f***ing ace damn it.

 

Because Johnson's pitch count was getting high and he let the tying run get on base. It's the smart move to take the starter out. It's not expected that the pen will walk every guy in sight.

 

I'm not one of Ozzie's biggest fans, but he managed the 7th perfectly I think.

Coghlan is not fitted PH and replacing defensive OF, I think. I mean he didn't have enough PH situation.

 

I think Petersen would be better option than CC as a PH.

 

So, two days ago you wanted him to start, and now he's not good enough to be a pinch hitter? :lol

Maybe he meant starting in New Orleans, which is what Coghlan should be doing.

Coghlan is not fitted PH and replacing defensive OF, I think. I mean he didn't have enough PH situation.

 

I think Petersen would be better option than CC as a PH.

 

So, two days ago you wanted him to start, and now he's not good enough to be a pinch hitter? :lol

 

I said, CC is fitted as a "regular" player. It means everyday player.

Actually, I am not a CC fan, but he definitely deserve more role than now, I think.

 

Now He've turned into, something that one hesitates to give up even though it is of little interest.

Not his own will.

Coghlan is not fitted PH and replacing defensive OF, I think. I mean he didn't have enough PH situation.

 

I think Petersen would be better option than CC as a PH.

 

So, two days ago you wanted him to start, and now he's not good enough to be a pinch hitter? :lol

 

I said, CC is fitted as a "regular" player. It means everyday player.

Actually, I am not a CC fan, but he definitely deserve more role than now, I think.

 

Now He've turned into, something that one hesitates to give up even though it is of little interest.

Not his own will.

It makes absolutely no sense that a guy is awful in a reserve role but would be good as an everyday player. It's just not the case; nothing magical happens.

it was ridiculous to pull JJ in the 7th after his FIRST WALK OF THE NIGHT with 2 outs...maybe if it was a leadoff walk and he was already at 102 pitches...but he was moving pretty easily through the lineup and had one hiccup. yes, i realize hindsight is 20/20 but I was screaming at the television like a madman when he did that crap move so it's not like i'm looking back on it now. JJ has the track record to deserve every opportunity to get ONE more out there. What an absolutely asinine move. And then to watch him use nearly the entire pen in one inning to go after one more out was utterly disgusting. I have no idea what in the hell he was thinking there. Atrocious managing.

 

As for tomorrow....yeah right...Dickey dominates us if I remember correctly. Stanton has looked terrible and Reyes has been a bust so far. Can we please see Boner leading off at least? I wanted to see that to start the year and I want to see that now...he's primarily a singles hitter and has an awful time bunting people over anyway so it only makes sense he leads off with his speed and slashing style.

it was ridiculous to pull JJ in the 7th after his FIRST WALK OF THE NIGHT with 2 outs...maybe if it was a leadoff walk and he was already at 102 pitches...but he was moving pretty easily through the lineup and had one hiccup. yes, i realize hindsight is 20/20 but I was screaming at the television like a madman when he did that crap move so it's not like i'm looking back on it now. JJ has the track record to deserve every opportunity to get ONE more out there. What an absolutely asinine move. And then to watch him use nearly the entire pen in one inning to go after one more out was utterly disgusting. I have no idea what in the hell he was thinking there. Atrocious managing.

 

As for tomorrow....yeah right...Dickey dominates us if I remember correctly. Stanton has looked terrible and Reyes has been a bust so far. Can we please see Boner leading off at least? I wanted to see that to start the year and I want to see that now...he's primarily a singles hitter and has an awful time bunting people over anyway so it only makes sense he leads off with his speed and slashing style.

 

 

He's coming off a pretty bad shoulder injury. You don't push it this early in the year, especially when your bullpen has been great up untill this point.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.