Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ozzie Promises Drastic Changes

Featured Replies

I think it is unfortunate that Coghlan was demoted, because a platoon with him may have worked well.

 

Huh? How?

I'm sad to say but Cogs looked absolutely terrible at the plate. Wasn't a big sample size, but 4 for 34 with a .143 OBP in 19 games is pretty freaken bad. He had the lowest BA, OBP, SLG, OPS, etc. among all starters on the team-and our offense has been pathetic; were currently second to last in the league in runs scored. Sending Cogs down to the minors was really a no-brainer.

Ozzie promised a drastic change, but lineup is the same tonight save Hayes is starting in place of Buck.

Must not be the change he means.

 

 

Guess he realized there's nothing he can do when the entire team is slumping.

I like Petey, he can cover the OF very well and has a great arm. But can't see him just suddenly jumping in the lineup and giving us much spark offensively. He's not really known for his bat. That said, can't be too worse than what Cogs was doing at the plate. Kinda saw this change coming anyway.

 

I don't mind LoMo doing some 1st. You can run Dobbs at 1st too some or LF and RF.

 

Gaby -----> .205 avg OBP .234. Ouch. Not going to put it all on Gaby though, it's pretty much across the board sans maybe LoMo and Infante.

 

 

yes .205 ave. but 2nd on the team with 8RBI 2nd on the Team with 8XBH first with 7doubles 3rd with 25TB his 3rd with 285 NP with only 77PA hitting 7th most of the time in the line up he has had a bad month ,but he carry this team last year in April May June lets give him some slack .this board is all about putting him down . Lets move Lomo to 1st remember you don't know what you have until you lose it and this team does it allot and this board does it all the time .This kid is a team Player and a good player at his position and a good bat to have .I predicted making the team ,I predicted All Star and Now I'll predict MBP.

Ozzie promised a drastic change, but lineup is the same tonight save Hayes is starting in place of Buck.

Must not be the change he means.

 

 

Guess he realized there's nothing he can do when the entire team is slumping.

Well, he could have made a WTF lineup for a night.

Like...

Stanton, Pitcher, Buck, Infante, Reyes, Hanley, Bonifacio, Morrison, Gaby... lol.

Ozzie in his post game interview promised drastic changes will be made and they will be contemplated during the "long six hours flight".

 

Let the speculation begin?

 

I think it's going to be lineup shifts and position shifts. LoMo to first on a platoon basis, Peterson into LF platooning with LoMo, (6 games a week for LoMo) Hanley in the two hole with LoMo hitting third and Stanton dropped to 8th in the order with reyes at 7th. Bell will probably be sent to the DL with "lower leg" problems.

 

Sanchez playing time diminished until he picks up 3B again and starts hitting.

 

 

The promised drastic changes Ozzie made was Bell and Staton

  • Author

Ozzie promised a drastic change, but lineup is the same tonight save Hayes is starting in place of Buck.

Must not be the change he means.

 

 

He also said on Lebatard show that Bell is not this teams closer until he makes adjustments and throws strikes. That's pretty drastic.

  • Author

Ozzie in his post game interview promised drastic changes will be made and they will be contemplated during the "long six hours flight".

 

Let the speculation begin?

 

I think it's going to be lineup shifts and position shifts. LoMo to first on a platoon basis, Peterson into LF platooning with LoMo, (6 games a week for LoMo) Hanley in the two hole with LoMo hitting third and Stanton dropped to 8th in the order with reyes at 7th. Bell will probably be sent to the DL with "lower leg" problems.

 

Sanchez playing time diminished until he picks up 3B again and starts hitting.

 

 

The promised drastic changes Ozzie made was Bell and Staton

 

What did he say about Stanton? I was at work.

Ozzie promised a drastic change, but lineup is the same tonight save Hayes is starting in place of Buck.

Must not be the change he means.

 

 

He also said on Lebatard show that Bell is not this teams closer until he makes adjustments and throws strikes. That's pretty drastic.

I do agree. Did he say who is for now?

Ozzie promised a drastic change, but lineup is the same tonight save Hayes is starting in place of Buck.

Must not be the change he means.

 

 

He also said on Lebatard show that Bell is not this teams closer until he makes adjustments and throws strikes. That's pretty drastic.

I do agree. Did he say who is for now?

 

My guess would be Cishek

Ozzie promised a drastic change, but lineup is the same tonight save Hayes is starting in place of Buck.

Must not be the change he means.

 

 

He also said on Lebatard show that Bell is not this teams closer until he makes adjustments and throws strikes. That's pretty drastic.

 

I'm pretty sure he only meant for tonight.

If he had said that, I'd imagine it would be on the internet by now.

Ozzie promised a drastic change, but lineup is the same tonight save Hayes is starting in place of Buck.

Must not be the change he means.

 

 

He also said on Lebatard show that Bell is not this teams closer until he makes adjustments and throws strikes. That's pretty drastic.

 

I'm pretty sure he only meant for tonight.

If he had said that, I'd imagine it would be on the internet by now.

Yeah, I agree. That would be big news not only because of the huge contract Bell signed but also due to the fantasy baseball implications. I see nothing about this anywhere (makes sense to me though).

Ozzie promised a drastic change, but lineup is the same tonight save Hayes is starting in place of Buck.

Must not be the change he means.

 

 

He also said on Lebatard show that Bell is not this teams closer until he makes adjustments and throws strikes. That's pretty drastic.

 

I'm pretty sure he only meant for tonight.

If he had said that, I'd imagine it would be on the internet by now.

Yeah, I agree. That would be big news not only because of the huge contract Bell signed but also due to the fantasy baseball implications. I see nothing about this anywhere (makes sense to me though).

 

Exactly.

How much does April mean? In 2011 the #Marlins had their best April in franchise history going 16-9. The team finished last in the NL East

April games mean as much as games any other month. I bet teams that begin the season 0-0 have a much better chance of making the playoffs than teams that begin 8-14.

How much does April mean? In 2011 the #Marlins had their best April in franchise history going 16-9. The team finished last in the NL East

April games mean as much as games any other month. I bet teams that begin the season 0-0 have a much better chance of making the playoffs than teams that begin 8-14.

THEY CAN DO THAT?!?!

  • Author

Ozzie implied he wanted to see location and ability out of Bell to REGAIN his job, and said for tonight especially not to see Bell in the 9th due to the number of pitches he threw. He also said he was impressed by Cishek this year and would have to discuss with his pitching coach how the staff shapes up.

 

That's what I heard.

  • Author

Also- Ozzie said he's been sleeping like a baby during this slump were in.

 

 

Waking up every two hours and crying.

 

 

Harharharharhar. Pretty funny

i wouldnt mind trading for a solid outfielder and putting morrison at first and sitting gaby. though i like gaby's defense his approach and swing anger me beyond belief.

 

i love when he just flails at a high fastball and then places his bat and helmet on the ground and makes the stupid stern face into the camera while taking off his gloves.

 

.......and then swings at the same pitches the next time up and makes the face all over again. i wanted him gone all of last off-season.

 

This is the same guy Mike Lowell said could "smell the rbi". my ass.

 

 

HAHAHA...I've said it before he is the guy with the least swag in the MLB

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.