Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ozzie Promises Drastic Changes

Featured Replies

Ozzie in his post game interview promised drastic changes will be made and they will be contemplated during the "long six hours flight".

 

Let the speculation begin?

 

I think it's going to be lineup shifts and position shifts. LoMo to first on a platoon basis, Peterson into LF platooning with LoMo, (6 games a week for LoMo) Hanley in the two hole with LoMo hitting third and Stanton dropped to 8th in the order with reyes at 7th. Bell will probably be sent to the DL with "lower leg" problems.

 

Sanchez playing time diminished until he picks up 3B again and starts hitting.

He just might put Petey in LF for a while and let Giancarlo sit on the bench and let the whole superstar thing settle down.

He didn't come right out and say it but I think he's talking mostly about Stanton when he says guys aren't making adjustments.

He had a couple of good swings on Sunday but back to flailing on Monday.

 

I think it might do him some good to be replaced for a series or so.

I hope he comes around, I'm a big fan.

 

Right now, my Mets and even Reds fan friends are having fun making the Marlins the laughing stock :(

i wouldnt mind trading for a solid outfielder and putting morrison at first and sitting gaby. though i like gaby's defense his approach and swing anger me beyond belief.

 

i love when he just flails at a high fastball and then places his bat and helmet on the ground and makes the stupid stern face into the camera while taking off his gloves.

 

.......and then swings at the same pitches the next time up and makes the face all over again. i wanted him gone all of last off-season.

 

This is the same guy Mike Lowell said could "smell the rbi". my ass.

Short of making a trade, there isn't a whole lot that can really be changed.Gaby just ain't getting it done so I agree LoMo or maybe even Dobbs getting some turns there. I don't see Petersen helping a whole bunch either, but at least its something.

Can we just make one thing very clear?... It's not "early" anymore. Any losing streaks from now on will be very damaging to our opportunities of making the postseason.

Duh, because it's May.

Playing Gaby only against lefties might not be a bad idea. He really hasn't done anything since the 1st half of last year and his career #'s against right-handed pitching are extremely mediocre, anyway (.730 .OPS).

 

It's tough right now though because based on what Ozzie has seen, I'd imagine the main one he's talking about not making adjustments is Stanton.

 

Bonifacio could also see his playing time diminish against lefties if he continues to strike out at will against them.

Short of making a trade, there isn't a whole lot that can really be changed.Gaby just ain't getting it done so I agree LoMo or maybe even Dobbs getting some turns there. I don't see Petersen helping a whole bunch either, but at least its something.

 

nah, I agree, how is bringing in a AAA player going to help things,

I like Petey, he can cover the OF very well and has a great arm. But can't see him just suddenly jumping in the lineup and giving us much spark offensively. He's not really known for his bat. That said, can't be too worse than what Cogs was doing at the plate. Kinda saw this change coming anyway.

 

I don't mind LoMo doing some 1st. You can run Dobbs at 1st too some or LF and RF.

 

Gaby -----> .205 avg OBP .234. Ouch. Not going to put it all on Gaby though, it's pretty much across the board sans maybe LoMo and Infante.

How much does April mean? In 2011 the #Marlins had their best April in franchise history going 16-9. The team finished last in the NL East

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.