Still 1B Gaby Sanchez?

Anyone concerned about him?

Despite 2 doubles, Gaby hits just .207/.247/.333 with only 1 homer. (April is over.)

As a 1B, his number shows that he cannot hit the longball, even he had a good numbers against lefty.

If a 1st baseman cannot hit extra base hits, I think his time is done.

Because of Miami native? For ticket sales? I don't think so.

I think, it is time to consider about status of Gaby Sanchez.

Please check NL ranking :

- Team Slug. % as a 1st : #15 of 16

- Team OPS as a 1st : #15 of 16

Despite 2 doubles, Gaby hits just .207/.247/.333 with only 1 homer. (April is over.)

As a 1B, his number shows that he cannot hit the longball, even he had a good numbers against lefty.

If you had asked me that yesterday, I would have a different answer. While I think, one game doesn't make a a big difference, I think Gaby can get out of this funk whether it be here or in AAA.

Gaby had a great game last night. As far as the homeruns, i think he's fine in that department over his career. 19 homers consecutive years 2010, 2011. I'll take that.

Hopefully last night is a sign he can come out of the funk. I like the way Gaby plays, he just goes out and plays the game, just unfortunately not great the past few months.

I think he will be alright, even I he has to take some at bats in Nola.

On the other hand Cogs isnt really doing any better in AAA, but I like Gabys career over Cogs any day.

If you had asked me that yesterday, I would have a different answer. While I think, one game doesn't make a huge difference, I think Gaby can get out of this funk, whether it be here or in AAA. Which is practically what I've been saying anyway.

Gaby had a great game last night. As far as the homeruns, i think he's fine in that department over his career. 19 homers consecutive years 2010, 2011.

Hopefully last night is a sign he can come out of the funk. I like the way Gaby plays, he just goes out and plays the game, just unfortunately not great the past few months.

On the other hand Cogs isnt really doing any better in AAA, but I like Gabys career over Cogs any day.

If Gaby hit the bottom yesderday, I will be fine as a Marlins fan.

But, I just wrote a post that its related Gaby's poor numbers in the present.

I knew he can make back-to-back season with 19 homers.

Look at the numbers. We are playing on MAY, not April.

He still need some time? I don't know. I think it's groundless.

(As a matter of fact, I am not CC fan. I just thought CC is not fitted for PH.)

If you had asked me that yesterday, I would have a different answer. While I think, one game doesn't make a huge difference, I think Gaby can get out of this funk, whether it be here or in AAA. Which is practically what I've been saying anyway.

Gaby had a great game last night. As far as the homeruns, i think he's fine in that department over his career. 19 homers consecutive years 2010, 2011.

If Gaby hit the bottom yesderday, I will be fine as a Marlins fan.

But, I just wrote a post that its related Gaby's poor numbers in the present.

I knew he can make back-to-back season with 19 homers.

Look at the numbers. We are playing on MAY, not April.

He still need some time? I don't know. I think it's groundless.

(As a matter of fact, I am not CC fan. I just thought CC is not fitted for PH.)

I think overall he'll be fine, He might have to go down for a few weeks but he'll get it back up.

Alot of names are struggling with the start this year, it's just a matter of where he will break the struggles. That's just my thoughts.

Everyday I just access the MB.com and read new posts.

But no one raised the objection about this.

I am just a fan who hope Marlins wins the game everyday.

I hope you guys understand me as a person that look at the small and tiny weak point even we have had a bright season.

I hope you guys understand me as a person that look at the small and tiny weak point even we have had a bright season.

No your fine, like I said , I have been thinking for about a week that he might have to be sent down to whip it back into shape. I don't believe since becoming a permanent fixture we've had to send him down.

Last nights game was encouraging though.

It's very concerning that he is starting out slow due to his previous two years of being awful after the all star break.

I agree with this. While I think Gaby will be a marlin until he costs a bit of money, and then he's gone, I still want him to be productive here. If this was just a slump it would be fine, but this goes back 1/2 of last season too. Hopefully he can make some adjustments.

I think Iowa was referring to the fact that he has struggled in the 2nd half both years, and so if he also struggles in the first half, then he'll just have an awful year. I'm just hoping that 2 years doth not a trend make in this case.

But you're also absolutely correct that he's been slumping for quite some time now.

I've been patient with Gaby, but I think you give him about 7-10 games and then send him down to AAA if there's no signs of improvement. Then you move Morrison to first and then platoon guys in LF.

Gaby's peripherals are AWFUL right now and give little hope for improvement anytime soon.

-His walk rate is way down (~10% down to 5.4%)

-His strikeout rate is up (~15% up to 19.4%)

-His LD% is WAY down (~19% down to 7%)

His BABIP is way below league average but I don't think that's bad luck; it's from the terrible line drive numbers.

He's just not judging pitches well and is making bad contact. Looking at the data, I'm really not optimistic about him at all right now.

You are right to be concerned about it.

You are right to be concerned about it.

He's been somewhat lost in the shuffle with all the JJ and Bell stuff, but it's indeed troubling.

In an ideal scenario for him, Gaby would be a great platoon player.

In an ideal scenario, we could put LoMo at first where he belongs and put a Bryan Peterson in LF who would help solidify our outfield defense while producing Gaby-like offensive production. Not to mention this helps get LoMo off that knee a little bit more.

Unfortunately I feel like this organization is married to Gaby.

In an ideal scenario, we could put LoMo at first where he belongs and put a Bryan Peterson in LF who would help solidify our outfield defense while producing Gaby-like offensive production. Not to mention this helps get LoMo off that knee a little bit more.

Perhaps because Gaby Sanchez is a better player than Bryan Petersen; that might have something to do with it.

And Gaby is still cheap too.

Perhaps because Gaby Sanchez is a better player than Bryan Petersen; that might have something to do with it.

Right now that's very debatable.

Right now that's very debatable.

Gaby still gets the nod at being better, but right now Gaby is just bad. He needs change. Either NOW or in the minors. Give him a little more time and then send him down to figure it out.

Gaby might be a bit better than Petey, but bringing him in and LoMo at first gives us a much better defensive team if we consider LoMo and Gaby equals at first, and it gives LoMo a chance to get healthier. And Petey can't do worse than Gaby has offensively to this point...

Right now, Josh Johnson is our #5.

Right now, Heath Bell sucks.

Right now, Omar Infante has a .651 slugging %.

Right now, Jose Reyes is hitting .234 with a .656 .OPS.

Right now, Hanley is hitting .218 with a .706 .OPS.

Right now, the organization does not view Bryan Petersen as its 5th OF'er, much less its starting LF'er...

Right now, the organization does not view Bryan Petersen as its 5th OF'er, much less its starting LF'er...

Drastic changes. Moving Petey to LF and Gaby to the bench is a drastic change. Maybe that's what we need to do to shake things up? A 162 game season is a long time, I'm not saying keep Petey out there all year. I'm saying putting him out there right now will make this team better right now.

Drastic changes. Moving Petey to LF and Gaby to the bench is a drastic change. Maybe that's what we need to do to shake things up? A 162 game season is a long time, I'm not saying keep Petey out there all year. I'm saying putting him out there right now will make this team better right now.

I don't see why we need to shake things up right now when we're on a 6-game winning streak.

As things stand, Petersen isn't even on the 25-man roster right now.

Gaby has had a tough year for sure. There is no denying that there are reasons for concern with his results, peripherals, etc., but it's also only a month into the season.

The past couple of games, he's had some better swings. Hitting is streaky; just one week ago, many of us were wondering what was wrong with Mike/Giancarlo Stanton.

Logan Morrison is, without a doubt, attrocious in LF. However, one month into the season, the main area of concern has actually been our offense.

People might not like Gaby, Buck, etc. but over the course of the season, the guys who start for us are our best offensive players.

And there's really no guarantee that Bryan Petersen is an answer, really. There's no harm in trying things out, but he has his own question marks.

For what it's worth, I'd try:

vs. RHP: Lomo at 1B, Petersen in LF.

vs. LHP: Gaby at 1B, Lomo in LF.

That is what I would do right now, but I could certainly understand if the Marlins aren't that sold on Petersen.

This might be a bit off-topic in general, but I just wanted to say that when you're fighting for a roster spot and the main reason you have a roster spot is because of your defense, you have to play good defense. Bryan Petersen looked like Logan Morrison the other night on one of Heath Bell's blown saves. He's definitely a better defensive player than that, but I just wanted to point out that that might be the reason why the Marlins chose him as the position player to send down recently.

And while Petersen got better at the plate last year, let's remember that he's still a guy with little power, a guy who strikes out too much for someone with such minimal power, and it's unknown whether that .333 .BABIP of his last year is going to be sustainable long-term.

He had just 241 plate appearance last year. I doubt he's going to be line drives 25% of the time every year. You could ultimately be getting complete mediocrity offensively.

Gaby Sanchez has never been this bad; he's had a combined 5.3 fWAR the past two seasons. If he's still doing nothing toward the beginning of June, it might be a different story. Right now, it's still probably too early to make such a change.