Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brantley's Head

Featured Replies

In yesterday's game alone, we saw Brantley frustrating Jose Fernandez by not knowing how to call a game,

forgetting how many outs there are and letting a runner get in to scoring position,

and then trying to get to third when the play was right in front of him and getting tagged out by ten feet.

 

Where is this guy's head. Sure, he's young and lacks experience, but is there more to it? Like, maybe he is just not that bright?

 

Thoughts?

 

.

He does make soooo many mental errors. Hopefully he is just young and not stupid.

I thought they were going to go with Mathis when the kids (Fernandez/Koehler) pitched?

Brantley's been chatcher all through college and the minors so I can't figure out why he makes the mistakes he does

This is why Mathis is here. To teach him about not doing those kinds of things. I garanteed they had a talk about it.

 

 

Maybe he should have a talk with Mathis about hitting. Y'know, since Mathis kinda makes Brantly look like Joe Mauer...

This is why Mathis is here. To teach him about not doing those kinds of things. I garanteed they had a talk about it.

 

 

Maybe he should have a talk with Mathis about hitting. Y'know, since Mathis kinda makes Brantly look like Joe Mauer...

 

 

Jeff Mathis makes Rob Brantly look like Malcom X.

This is why Mathis is here. To teach him about not doing those kinds of things. I garanteed they had a talk about it.

 

 

Maybe he should have a talk with Mathis about hitting. Y'know, since Mathis kinda makes Brantly look like Joe Mauer...

 

 

Jeff Mathis makes Rob Brantly look like Malcom X.

He doesn't have a small head, his head is normal sized but his neck and upper torso are huge, making him a total beefcake.

 

Seriously I can't get how somethingfishy didn't name Brantly as one of his beefcake guys.

I thought they were going to go with Mathis when the kids (Fernandez/Koehler) pitched?

Brantley's been chatcher all through college and the minors so I can't figure out why he makes the mistakes he does

 

 

 

Don't quite get this either. Kinda different reasoning. Going into ST, Red said they were going to let Brantley call his own games for a change and see where that goes. Looks like that is happening. But because Mathis never was able to get used to the pitching staff, he is getting the calls from the dugout. (Or blowing kisses back and forth like some apparently thought Brantley was doing last year.) May as well let Brantley do that and get used to the kids and their tendencies. But maybe it's what the FO wants. A good yes man does as he is told.

He doesn't have a small head, his head is normal sized but his neck and upper torso are huge, making him a total beefcake.

 

Seriously I can't get how somethingfishy didn't name Brantly as one of his beefcake guys.

 

That guy is not a beefcake. Just look at his arms. His neck looks big because his head is tiny. He also has very small hands. I like Brantly and I think he can have a Paul laduca kind career but he is not a beefcake. I don't care that much though because he is a bottom of the order hitter where the power doesn't need to be. The only thing I worry about with small guys like him and coghlan are injury and look at where coghlan is now.

So...we're still not talking about how small his head is?

 

I mean, come on.

 

 

 

 

That's my avatar!

 

His head isn't small, his ears are just huge.

 

I'm a big fan of Brantly, mostly for the bat, which is finally starting to come around. I just hope he hits a dinger soon.

So...we're still not talking about how small his head is?

 

I mean, come on.

 

 

 

That's my avatar!

 

His head isn't small, his ears are just huge.

 

I'm a big fan of Brantly, mostly for the bat, which is finally starting to come around. I just hope he hits a dinger soon.I think the team is alergic to dingers. Is there a doctor in the house ? Lol

So...we're still not talking about how small his head is?

 

I mean, come on.

 

 

 

That's my avatar!

 

His head isn't small, his ears are just huge.

 

I'm a big fan of Brantly, mostly for the bat, which is finally starting to come around. I just hope he hits a dinger soon.I think the team is alergic to dingers. Is there a doctor in the house ? Lol

 

 

 

 

Yes, his name is Donovan Solano.

So...we're still not talking about how small his head is?

 

I mean, come on.

 

 

 

That's my avatar!

 

His head isn't small, his ears are just huge.

 

I'm a big fan of Brantly, mostly for the bat, which is finally starting to come around. I just hope he hits a dinger soon.I think the team is alergic to dingers. Is there a doctor in the house ? Lol

 

 

 

 

Yes, his name is Donovan Solano.

 

 

 

 

Dr. Beefcake

So...we're still not talking about how small his head is?

 

I mean, come on.

 

 

 

That's my avatar!

 

His head isn't small, his ears are just huge.

 

I'm a big fan of Brantly, mostly for the bat, which is finally starting to come around. I just hope he hits a dinger soon.I think the team is alergic to dingers. Is there a doctor in the house ? Lol

 

 

 

 

Dr. Stanton, he just arrived today.

he should be smarter, as a catcher should not be making mental errors. you cant teach that it is automatic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.