LoMo traded to Seattle

I find it hilarious how everything I've read about Logan from Seattle's perspective is that he's an outfielder who was "limited" to playing first base last year because of his knee injuries. Which of course sounds like they'll consider him healthy and put him back in left field.

They have no idea that he's a first baseman who was playing the outfield out of necessity and was thus injured because of that outfield play.

I find it hilarious how everything I've read about Logan from Seattle's perspective is that he's an outfielder who was "limited" to playing first base last year because of his knee injuries. Which of course sounds like they'll consider him healthy and put him back in left field.

They have no idea that he's a first baseman who was playing the outfield out of necessity and was thus injured because of that outfield play.

It's going to be pretty funny once they find out...

What's going to be funny is when they find out that they traded for a guy that is all hype and no performance.

What's going to be funny is when they find out that they traded for a guy that is all hype and no performance.

I'm gonna laugh when he's an All-Star this year.

Personally, I don't think Safeco was the best place for him, but it's not the worst either.

LoMo in 2014: .280 Avg, 24 HR, 85 RBI, .360 OBP, .480 SLG, .840 OPS

We should make the LoMo predictions a game and see who wins.

Personally, I don't think Safeco was the best place for him, but it's not the worst either.

He might make the AAA-All-Star team this year. No way he gets a whiff of those numbers. He will be on the D.L. for two months of 2014 if the Mariners have him playing in the outfield.

He might make the AAA-All-Star team this year. No way he gets a whiff of those numbers. He will be on the D.L. for two months of 2014 if the Mariners have him playing in the outfield.

Great, so make your prediction and we'll wager $50 to see who is closer at the end of the year (proceeds go to Admin).

Great, so make your prediction and we'll wager $50 to see who is closer at the end of the year (proceeds go to Admin).

First off, if I bet you $50, the proceeds are going to me (not Admin or anyone else). Secondly, I would bet you that he WON'T be on the All-Star team in 2014.

First off, if I bet you $50, the proceeds are going to me (not Admin or anyone else). Secondly, I would bet you that he WON'T be on the All-Star team in 2014.

I won't bet that he is an All-Star. However, I will bet the statistics prediction.

I'll bet you a one month ban, since you won't bet a donation to Admin. Deal?

I won't bet that he is an All-Star. However, I will bet the statistics prediction.

Sure, I guess.

You're a big fan of mediocre players for whatever reason. Even if Morrison hits .280/.360/.480 (which I think most would agree is unlikely), he's still not all that valuable due to how terrible he is defensively.

For comparison's sake, Garrett Jones put up an .833 .OPS in 2012 yet he ended up with a 1.4 WAR that year. They're the same guy. Morrison could end up with an ~.840 .OPS (which is what you're predicting) and he still ends up being a very replaceable player overall. This is not even taking into account that it's now been a pretty long time since he was a good hitter. But sure, I'll take your bet for fun.

Why won't you bet that he won't make the All-Star team? So, if he doesn't hit at least. 280 with 24 homers, 85 RBIs, a .360 OBP and a .480 SLG......you lose the bet? If so, I'll taking the one month ban bet. He also has to play in at least 120 games in 2014 or you lose the bet.

Why won't you bet that he won't make the All-Star team? So, if he doesn't hit at least. 280 with 24 homers, 85 RBIs, a .360 OBP and a .480 SLG......you lose the bet? If so, I'll taking the one month ban bet. He also has to play in at least 120 games in 2014 or you lose the bet.

He won't be an All-Star because those aren't All-Star numbers for an OF or 1B. And no, you make your prediction for his numbers and whoever is closer wins the bet. And this is not "The Price is Right", you can't predict one digit below me just to try and win. Since you think he's so bad, I want a real prediction. ALSO, he has to play 120+ games for the bet to be eligible, because he would need enough AB's to reach those numbers of course.

Sure, I guess.

You're a big fan of mediocre players for whatever reason. Even if Morrison hits .280/.360/.480 (which I think most would agree is unlikely), he's still not all that valuable due to how terrible he is defensively.

For comparison's sake, Garrett Jones put up an .833 .OPS in 2012 yet he ended up with a 1.4 WAR that year. They're the same guy. Morrison could end up with an ~.840 .OPS (which is what you're predicting) and he still ends up being a very replaceable player overall. This is not even taking into account that it's now been a pretty long time since he was a good hitter. But sure, I'll take your bet for fun.

Since you're taking the bet, same terms as above. Give me a stat line that you predict for LoMo, a real prediction. This will be fun.

Yeah, why donate to the site? It's not like it costs money to run this place or anything!

If this site shuts down, where will he go to write stupid fucking shit? It's an investment.

My prediction for Morrison is probably in line with the projections on fangraphs. I don't believe that he's as bad as last year (or even the year before last), but I'm certainly not going to project him for an .840 .OPS. ~.770-.790 .OPS type bat with terrible defense. Irrelevant player.

And while injuries are impossible to predict, I wouldn't bet on him staying healthy all year either especially since the Mariners are dumb enough to put him back in the OF again.

Gotta be pretty sure they know. They just see him as a lefty OFer to compliment the signing of Hart. I think Hart can also play some 1B. Kind of a plus for them. Probably thinking they will go into ST and see what happens.

If they can somehow stop LoMo from running into walls full speed while playing the OF........

Is this backin guy really refusing a bet because the money would go to his pocket rather than this website where he posts his drivel? Tsk tsk tsk.

That's why I bet him a ban instead. Maybe we can get a month in October without having to hear it.

Is there a scenario in which you could both lose?