Marlins on ESPN2 Opening Night

Admin

Cool but I actually prefer Rich and Tommy over any national broadcasts moreso cuz I can't stand obvious errors and sillyness from commentators who only spent the night before learning about the team using google searches. Even name mispronounciations irk me. Also cuz they tend to ramble on and on about firesales, attendance and other Marlin cliches that true Marlin fans are over.

Cool but I actually prefer Rich and Tommy over any national broadcasts moreso cuz I can't stand obvious errors and sillyness from commentators who only spent the night before learning about the team using google searches. Even name mispronounciations irk me. Also cuz they tend to ramble on and on about firesales, attendance and other Marlin cliches that true Marlin fans are over.

But they ramble about how Hechavarria, Dobbs, and Solano are good players (in their minds). I'd rather hear ramblings about firesales and attendance because those are actually right.

Use every pitcher BUT Fernandez on opening night. Start with Eovaldi, then Alvarez, then go down the list. One inning for each starter, then the next 12 outs (innings 5-8) split up between the six bullpen arms not attached to anyone named Steve Cishek (mix-n-match as needed), with Cishek taking the 9th. It's genius.

Then Jose pitches perfect game in game 2 so it gets on ESPN (and other networks) anyways.

Use every pitcher BUT Fernandez on opening night. Start with Eovaldi, then Alvarez, then go down the list. One inning for each starter, then the next 12 outs (innings 5-8) split up between the six bullpen arms not attached to anyone named Steve Cishek (mix-n-match as needed), with Cishek taking the 9th. It's genius.

Then Jose pitches perfect game in game 2 so it gets on ESPN (and other networks) anyways.

squall and his Diamond Club shrimp

Speaking of that, instead of going to Opening Night I had to get tickets for the second game (scheduling conflict) and found two super cheap Diamond Club tix for $117 each right next to the Marlins dugout... keep your eyes out for those great deals, I snatched those right up.