July 7, 201412 yr Hechavarria is Yuniesky Betancourt. A flashy player who gets attention for being flashy, but is actually terrible.
July 7, 201412 yr Can someone please explain to me how in the hell did Josh Harrison make the All Star team!?!?!
July 7, 201412 yr Can someone please explain to me how in the hell did Josh Harrison make the All Star team!?!?! Because Mike Matheny is basically Mike Redmond with a Cardinals hat.
July 7, 201412 yr Author Can someone please explain to me how in the hell did Josh Harrison make the All Star team!?!?! Because he has a cool nickname... JayHay!
July 7, 201412 yr Can someone please explain to me how in the hell did Josh Harrison make the All Star team!?!?! Something about utility guys being useful on there, I don't know. I find it dumb.
July 7, 201412 yr Something about utility guys being useful on there, I don't know. I find it dumb. But he also brought Carpenter to be a utility guy?!?! What a waste
July 7, 201412 yr Because Mike Matheny is basically Mike Redmond with a Cardinals hat. To think Reds team should've just swept his.
July 7, 201412 yr Because he has a cool nickname... JayHay! If there's someone with that nickname that should be on the team it's Jason Heyward.
July 7, 201412 yr Author Something about utility guys being useful on there, I don't know. I find it dumb. Which could have just as easily been Anthony Rendon... making them able to remove Jordan Zimmerman for a more deserving pitcher...
July 7, 201412 yr Which could have just as easily been Anthony Rendon... making them able to remove Jordan Zimmerman for a more deserving pitcher... Rendon over Zimmermann, then Alvarez replaces Zimmermann and we'd all be happy.
July 8, 201412 yr I feel like the Casey McGehee campaign is starting to get to be a bit too much. Marlins fans are bitching about so many "undeserving" players being added to the roster (like Harrison, Bumgarner, etc.), so why make such a strong push for McGehee for the "final vote" when he's arguably the worst player on the list? McGehee over Rizzo or Upton? Really? I feel like all of the Marlins' broadcasters spamming Twitter are starting to go full retard. Yes, McGehee is having a fine season and a much better one than most people anticipated, but he's still not putting up all-star worthy numbers when you stack him up against Rizzo, Upton, or Morneau. It seems hypocritical to whine about undeserving players being added to the roster and then go crazy pushing for McGehee when there are a bunch of players unquestionably better than him in the contest as well.
July 8, 201412 yr I feel like the Casey McGehee campaign is starting to get to be a bit too much. Marlins fans are bitching about so many "undeserving" players being added to the roster (like Harrison, Bumgarner, etc.), so why make such a strong push for McGehee for the "final vote" when he's arguably the worst player on the list? McGehee over Rizzo or Upton? Really? I feel like all of the Marlins' broadcasters spamming Twitter are starting to go full retard. Yes, McGehee is having a fine season and a much better one than most people anticipated, but he's still not putting up all-star worthy numbers when you stack him up against Rizzo, Upton, or Morneau. It seems hypocritical to whine about undeserving players being added to the roster and then go crazy pushing for McGehee when there are a bunch of players unquestionably better than him in the contest as well. I agree that he's not as deserving as those other guys, but I'm okay with the blitz. Any semblance of the overall marlins fan base coming together for a common cause is okay by me I think as rarely happens besides hating on Loria (rightfully so).
July 8, 201412 yr I agree that he's not as deserving as those other guys, but I'm okay with the blitz. Any semblance of the overall marlins fan base coming together for a common cause is okay by me I think I haven't really followed those guys. Why are their numbers better than Mcgehee? Offensively? Defensively? Seems like Mcgehee is at the top of the food chain for offensive numbers among third basemen.
July 8, 201412 yr I haven't really followed those guys. Why are their numbers better than Mcgehee? Offensively? Defensively? Seems like Mcgehee is at the top of the food chain for offensive numbers among third basemen. Those aren't 3b, but people who marlins folks think Casey is more deserving than for this final vote thing.
July 8, 201412 yr I agree that he's not as deserving as those other guys, but I'm okay with the blitz. Any semblance of the overall marlins fan base coming together for a common cause is okay by me I think as rarely happens besides hating on Loria (rightfully so). I get that and it's cool as long as people don't bitch about Josh Harrison being on the roster. You can't have it both ways. I'm not saying you're guilty of this; I'm speaking more of the general "common cause" here.
July 8, 201412 yr I haven't really followed those guys. Why are their numbers better than Mcgehee? Offensively? Defensively? Seems like Mcgehee is at the top of the food chain for offensive numbers among third basemen. They aren't 3B outside of Rendon and their numbers are hands down better than McGehee's offensively. It's hard to talk about defense because they play different positions.
July 8, 201412 yr I get that and it's cool as long as people don't bitch about Josh Harrison being on the roster. You can't have it both ways. I'm not saying you're guilty of this; I'm speaking more of the general "common cause" here. No I know. I don't think Casey has any business being in the ASG.
July 8, 201412 yr http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/chris-sale-justin-morneau-leading-close-final-vote-races?ymd=20140708&content_id=83654326 Yikes! mlb.com revealed first update of final vote. McGehee ranked bottom among them. I expected McGehee would not be a top but I cannot accept this update.
July 8, 201412 yr Marlins and Astros fans were trying to get McGehee and Keuchel both in by teaming up (sort of) to get em both in. Both are in last. Damn
July 8, 201412 yr Author I get that and it's cool as long as people don't bitch about Josh Harrison being on the roster. You can't have it both ways. I'm not saying you're guilty of this; I'm speaking more of the general "common cause" here. While I agree entirely with your first statement, Rizzo is clearly the most deserving, Josh Harrison in jo way deserves to be an All-Star. That spot should have belonged to any one if the final 5 guys over him. Any single one of them.
July 8, 201412 yr I feel like the Casey McGehee campaign is starting to get to be a bit too much. Marlins fans are bitching about so many "undeserving" players being added to the roster (like Harrison, Bumgarner, etc.), so why make such a strong push for McGehee for the "final vote" when he's arguably the worst player on the list? McGehee over Rizzo or Upton? Really? I feel like all of the Marlins' broadcasters spamming Twitter are starting to go full retard. Yes, McGehee is having a fine season and a much better one than most people anticipated, but he's still not putting up all-star worthy numbers when you stack him up against Rizzo, Upton, or Morneau. It seems hypocritical to whine about undeserving players being added to the roster and then go crazy pushing for McGehee when there are a bunch of players unquestionably better than him in the contest as well.
July 8, 201412 yr McGehee definitely should be in over Harrison for what ever that's worth. Yeah I'll buy that absolutely.
July 8, 201412 yr You can exhale now Wild Card Marlins general manager Dan Jennings told Bob Nightengale of USA Today that the team will not trade Casey McGehee. Jennings also confirmed that the Marlins have no plans to deal slugger Giancarlo Stanton, but it's a bit surprising that he has such a hard stance on McGehee. While the 31-year-old has put together a nice comeback season, he's not a long-term building block. Still, the Marlins don't appear interested in selling high.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.