July 7, 201412 yr Alvarez replaces Cueto and Bum? Alvarez is so good that he'll replace two guys. That, ladies and gentlemen, is why Andrew Heaney will never be Henderson Alvarez.
July 7, 201412 yr Alvarez is so good that he'll replace two guys. That, ladies and gentlemen, is why Andrew Heaney will never be Henderson Alvarez. I meant it as - Alvarez replaces Cueto, and bum? Who gets his slot.
July 7, 201412 yr We're all thinking of Alvarez and the outside shot of McGehee but there's no shot of Cishek slipping in somewhere? Man that kid needs more recognition.
July 7, 201412 yr I meant it as - Alvarez replaces Cueto, and bum? Who gets his slot. "I wanna eat grandma." "I wanna eat, grandma." Commas matter.
July 7, 201412 yr I meant it as - Alvarez replaces Cueto, and bum? Who gets his slot. A lot of times when guys get replaced, it's a teammate replacing them if there's a deserving one. In Cueto's case, I think that that spot will go to Alfredo Simon. Hopefully Bumgarner's spot goes to Alvarez. It could go to Beckett, as well.
July 7, 201412 yr We're all thinking of Alvarez and the outside shot of McGehee but there's no shot of Cishek slipping in somewhere? Man that kid needs more recognition. There are more deserving candidates.
July 7, 201412 yr Guys, we need to keep in mind that Mike Matheny is about as bad a manager as Mike Redmond. Imagine if Redmond filled in the All Star roster. You'd see guys like Kevin Gregg and Donovan Solano on that final vote, at least.
July 7, 201412 yr "I wanna eat grandma." "I wanna eat, grandma." Commas matter. I'm sure they do. But I really don't give two shits about grandma
July 7, 201412 yr Author I've voted like 50 times for Casey (and Chris Sale). Is there a limit on voting? I just keep going and going...
July 7, 201412 yr clarkspencer @clarkspencer Stanton says he was told he would be NL DH. McGehee on Final Vote ballot #marlins
July 7, 201412 yr Apparently Stanton has chosen Redmond to pitch to him in the Home Run Derby. Nice gesture on Stantons part. Maybe Red will ask Kevin Gregg for pointers?
July 7, 201412 yr Author Apparently Stanton has chosen Redmond to pitch to him in the Home Run Derby. Nice gesture on Stantons part. Maybe Red will ask Kevin Gregg for pointers? lololololol. In all seriousness, Red probably throws a good BP. It'll be nice to see him throwing to Giancarlo.
July 7, 201412 yr If volstad threw to Stanton...ooooooh yeah we would have 30 MONSTERDONGS in the first round
July 7, 201412 yr If volstad threw to Stanton...ooooooh yeah we would have 30 MONSTERDONGS in the first round Might get that anyways.
July 7, 201412 yr I clearly agree with you. Doesn't mean Lucroy isn't a very good hitter. In fact, he was snubbed big time along with Giancarlo and should be starting this game. He's not going to waste someone who can catch at DH in the ASG.
July 7, 201412 yr The "every team needs an All Star" rule screwed over Alvarez. Got Tyson Ross and Bumgarner in over him. Isn't Hunter Pence on the roster?
July 7, 201412 yr If I had to pick someone for Alvarez to replace, it would be Jordan Zimmermann probably. How is Zimmermann having a better year thus far? He's the only Nats representative.
July 7, 201412 yr Also, I don't understand why people are suggesting that McGehee got screwed over here. If any NL 3B did, it's Rendon, and he should win the 30th man vote over him.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.