2014 Marlins Trade Deadline

He does seem to have a good hitting ability - .351 last year over A and A+, .295 this year. Half-decent power [16 jacks last year, just 6 this year], seems to make contact, low K rates. Defense doesn't seem too bad, either.

However ... for Cishek? Throw in another player and maybe.

Guest Vince0926

In other news, Cameron Maybin suspended 25 games for amphetamine use.

Miguel Cabrera status: Still hitting.

Great point Erick. This is why you shouldn't trade with the tigers. One of the players we got back once is currently addicted to drugs now. No TRADES WITH DETROIT. Whoever we get back may end up a drugee. Or a crispin glover lookalike. Or a man that never smiles. What is wrong with the water in D town?

Wild Card saw Travis hit a triple in high school. Player approved. Lets make this trade.

Hardly the reason why I would like to have him, but just a story I thought I'd share. He was definitely one of those guys who made a different sound when the ball came off the bat. I had the pleasure of playing with/against and watching some really good players back then, and he was a guy who really stood out.

Can't say I have seen him play since, but the numbers are the numbers. I believe last year he was MiLB Offensive Player of the Year too, if I recall correctly.

I'm with Admin on this one. No chance in hell I'm trading with Dombrowski given our history. We just have to stop trading with the damn Tigers.

So what happens if this deal was really a thing and Travis becomes a HOFer? Now Dombrowski is a genius for holding on to him?