Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2014 Marlins Trade Deadline

Featured Replies

Unfortunately I agree. For whatever reason they're hellbent on not letting Dietrich play baseball here, so if we can get some value for him, that would be fine. Milone could hopefully improve a bit in the NL East and pitching in Marlins Park, but maybe that's wishful thinking.

 

We all know what that reason is....it's like the 800 lb gorilla no one wants to acknowledge.

We all know what that reason is....it's like the 800 lb gorilla no one wants to acknowledge.

 

What reason is that?

Billy Beane is too smart to acquire DD.

 

I disagree. I see a ton of similarities between DD and Brandon Moss, who had extremely similar numbers to DD before he made it to Oakland. I think a lot of us see the same potential in Dietrich that Beane saw in Moss, but I guess that's just me speculating. I would be very surprised if Beane was not highly interested in a player like DD.

According to Frisaro, the marlins have told teams Cishek is not available...

 

Ideally he's not, but a few more bad games before the trade deadline and they'll definitely be listening.

 

I absolutely love having Cishek on this team but he's also a luxury and not a necessity. I'd at least listen and try and get a solid overpay from someone.

You guys interested in the derek jeter lookalike? Darwin Barney? Cut by cubs today.

I agree. At least Barney is good at something related to baseball.

 

Come on guys, Hechavarria puts on his batting gloves as good as anyone I've ever seen play the game.

Come on guys, Hechavarria puts on his batting gloves as good as anyone I've ever seen play the game.

 

I tried to find a picture of him wearing his batting gloves incorrectly and found nothing. Therefore, I can confirm: Adeiny Hechavarria does indeed put on his batting gloves as well as perennial All Stars and Hall of Famers.

 

Adeiny+Hechavarria+Atlanta+Braves+v+Miami+ODYTN36nsmTl.jpg

According to Clark Spencer, the Marlins still want Jim Johnson and have been thinking of dealing Adam Conley for him. Also, the Mariners are interested in McGehee and MIGHT PLAY HIM IN THE OUTFIELD if they acquire him.

According to Clark Spencer, the Marlins still want Jim Johnson and have been thinking of dealing Adam Conley for him. Also, the Mariners are interested in McGehee and MIGHT PLAY HIM IN THE OUTFIELD if they acquire him.

 

LOL

I'm fine with going after Johnson even if he does suck this year so far, but I'd rather not trade Conley for somebody struggling so bad this year. While Conley's ceiling is likely a #4/5 starter (and more likely a long reliever long term) and he's struggled this year in the minors himself, I think there's guys in AA that should be enough to get Johnson. Maybe offer someone like Scott Lyman and see if the A's would take it. Lyman was doing really well in Jupiter this year and seems like a project arm that would match up well in a trade for an "on the downswing" reliever like Johnson.

Find out who Beane wants and only refuse him that player.

 

"Well, I know Giancarlo is off the table, so I'll go down the list. We'd like Adeiny Hechavarria. We're willing to give up Sonny Gray, Sean Doolittle, and Josh Donaldson for him. What do you say?"

"HELL NO!"

*click*

"Well, I know Giancarlo is off the table, so I'll go down the list. We'd like Adeiny Hechavarria. We're willing to give up Sonny Gray, Sean Doolittle, and Josh Donaldson for him. What do you say?"

"HELL NO!"

*click*

 

Hold out for Jim Johnson

Exactly. See, this is why you should be the GM.

 

That's why I keep PMing "..." My resume.

 

I'm not the hero Wild Card wants, but I'm the hero he needs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.