2014 Marlins Trade Deadline

Hey i'm h2r09 I've posted here before but when Admin requested the email thing or whatever a while back my email address was an account i no longer use so i don't have the password to that one anymore.

Anyway, I think if this team truly is going to try to buy at the deadline I would think we would try to add another bat because I believe they think Heaney will be the guy added to the rotation down the line when Turner inevitably struggles.

A guy I would consider adding depending on the price would be Asdrubal Cabrera. He isn't great but he would be a massive improvement at SS and wouldn't cost as much as he normally would given his struggles this year and he is a free agent at the end of the year. They probably wouldn't do this however because they would be willing to put in the money to sign him and Hech is apparently a hall of famed.

Anyway, I really wish Jose had not gotten hurt because I think this is a legit playoff team if he stays healthy and they would have been more inclined to add a legitimate bat had that happened.

Also while this isn't a playoff team and we all know it we are only 5.5 out of the 2nd wild card spot while the teams in front of us are struggling/have injuries. Like I said I just wish Jose could have stayed healthy.

Realistically,

All of these players should be on the Marlins radar-

Burke Badenhop- free agent at end of the year (luxury for a team selling) Sub 3 ERA.

Craig Breslow- Sucks dick so far this year but a "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks candidate", move from AL to NL might help.Club Option for next year at 4 Million (declined if he's in Miami, but 100k Buyout). Might be able to get for nothing but takign on his contract.

John Lackey - Interesting contract, since he missed one year earlier in the contract he's signed for 500k next year. Theres value to be had there. If the Marlins can trade for him they should. Nice Whip and ERA 1.20/3.5 so far this year. Should be worth a nice prospect for the Red Sox if they are tearing down again, but the 500k year might be too hard for them to want to trade

Will Middlebrooks- a tremendous buy low candidate. If the Red Sox don't see him progessing well in the future the time is now to trade him. If he's in a deal, I expect Colin Moran to be going the other way. Not sure how I feel about that.

Uehera - Free agent next year. I doubt he goes anywhere near Miami. I think he wants to close at all costs and won't like being moved. I see the Red Sox trying to resign him too.

Johnny Gomes - would likely mean the end of Reed Johnson in Miami. Adds some pop to the bench, btu he might not be the ideal Marlin.

Lackey is the only one of those guys I'd have any interest in and that includes Pedroia.

I don't know, wouldn't Badenhop look better in our pen than say- Sam Dyson, Mike Dunn, or Kevin Gregg?

Or Middlebrooks over say Jeff Baker? Especially if Middlebrooks can develop an average game at 2B?

Hey i'm h2r09 I've posted here before but when Admin requested the email thing or whatever a while back my email address was an account i no longer use so i don't have the password to that one anymore.

Anyway, I think if this team truly is going to try to buy at the deadline I would think we would try to add another bat because I believe they think Heaney will be the guy added to the rotation down the line when Turner inevitably struggles.

A guy I would consider adding depending on the price would be Asdrubal Cabrera. He isn't great but he would be a massive improvement at SS and wouldn't cost as much as he normally would given his struggles this year and he is a free agent at the end of the year. They probably wouldn't do this however because they would be willing to put in the money to sign him and Hech is apparently a hall of famed.

Anyway, I really wish Jose had not gotten hurt because I think this is a legit playoff team if he stays healthy and they would have been more inclined to add a legitimate bat had that happened.

Also while this isn't a playoff team and we all know it we are only 5.5 out of the 2nd wild card spot while the teams in front of us are struggling/have injuries. Like I said I just wish Jose could have stayed healthy.

You don't understand. Unfortunately for the majority of the people on this board (I might be the only exception) , the Marlins love Hech. They see him as their future. They love his defense and are hoping that he will continue to improve at the plate. I know that is a very unpopular opinion here but that's just the way it is. Hech will have a long leash at SS as long as the FO likes his defense.