2014 Marlins Trade Deadline

That's why I keep PMing "..." My resume.

Yeah, I sent it on to Admin B, no, wait, he's not here anymore, right? I forgot. I sent it to Dave. Dave says the embezzlement conviction wasn't a deal-breaker, but the stautory rape thing might be a slight problem.

Other than that, looks great!

That is true but it's worth point out the fact that their track record in that regard has been absolutely terrible lately.

You win some, you lose some. At least they've tried, and cut the bait quickly. I don't like the idea of Johnson, though, because he will actually cost us something of value to acquire.

You win some, you lose some. At least they've tried, and cut the bait quickly. I don't like the idea of Johnson, though, because he will actually cost us something of value to acquire.

Good post - I agree. We traded the draft pick for Morris, and while we did use the money saved from that to sign Gregg, it wasn't a trade for Gregg - just some money. Same with Marmol and Rodriguez. Free agent signings.

Kinda funny that the one guy we actually traded something for has been the best. It's nice, actually.

We had to give up something of value to acquire Carlos Marmol and Kevin Gregg, as well.

I don't consider signing Gregg, Marmol, Wolf, H-Rod, and Furcal as actually "trying"

With the amount of money we gave all of those guys combined with the unnecessary release of Ryan Webb, that's wasted money that could've been used to acquire one good free agent.

Goes to show that sometimes the stupidity is a bigger problem than the lack of spending.

I don't consider signing Gregg, Marmol, Wolf, H-Rod, and Furcal as actually "trying"

All of those contracts amount to a substantial amount of money. That's pretty bad considering that it was pretty obvious that those guys were going to suck terribly.

With the amount of money we gave all of those guys combined with the unnecessary release of Ryan Webb, that's wasted money that could've been used to acquire one good free agent.

Goes to show that sometimes the stupidity is a bigger problem than the lack of spending.

I agree with what you're saying of course. I look at it as them going for these "cheaper" contracts for shitty washed up players then actually going after someone that could be useful with that cumulative cash. I guess that's what I mean by saying they aren't trying.

3. Miami Marlins: In between, but they should be sellers

mia.gifNeeds: Second base and starting pitching.

Who they could sell: Steve Cishek, RP.

What to expect: The Marlins could go either way at the deadline. If they play well in the next week, they're more likely to buy than sell. However, the Nationals and Braves both have better teams than the Marlins (especially following Jose Fernandez' season-ending injury). Thus, if the Marlins get a chance to help themselves for the future, they should do it, because this could be a team to be reckoned with over the next couple years.

Trade I'd like to see happen: Cishek to the Detroit Tigers in exchange for second base prospect Devon Travis. Cishek would solve the Tigers' bullpen issues, while Travis would solve the Marlins' long-term need at second base. Travis can really hit and has above-average speed.

So were Cameron Maybin, Andrew Miller and Jacob Turner

I don't know, Travis can hit. I played him in travel ball back in high school, and he was a few years younger than me. He must've stood at like 5'6, no more than 140lbs. He crushed a triple that one hopped the CF wall at 405 ft, couldn't believe what I saw.

Ever since then, all he's done is rake everywhere. All Tigers jokes aside, I would be very excited if we were able to bring him in.