2014 Marlins Trade Deadline

I don't get the idea of Stanton being pissed if we traded away Cishek. Considering where we are in the standings, trading Cishek is a logical move, not a fire sale. I figure Stanton would understand that. Especially if we get anything that may help us compete in a year or so.

Some people really assume Stanton hates everything about the Marlins organization.

All the dude has seen and hear since being called up is trades and rebuilding. So he's probably only going to react emotionally.

Cishek is one guy. A closer on a team that closing out wins is of no real urgency. Being upset with having losing seasons and being upset at the Toronto trade is understandable. I just don't see Stanton being up in arms over trying to get some value in a deal for Cishek.

Like when Nolasco was dealt, Stanton seemed to understand that fine and they were more friends than Cishek and him, at least to our knowledge.

Like when Nolasco was dealt, Stanton seemed to understand that fine

Stanton has Beefcake Ramos around as his bestie these days - who knows, maybe Ramos replaced Nolasco during early 2013 and that's why Stanton struggled, he was having trouble adjusting to the new best friend.

... It's the new Sabermetrics, best friend stats.

Yeah, OK, I get that you can't provide any evidence. Same as always.

Apparently, you're too dense to realize that I agree with you that Loria should have done a 5-6-7-year deal, not a 15-year deal. But, that's just you, foaming and running off at the mouth as usual.

I provide evidence every time I post something. You do not. You never provide evidence,. And when others do provide, you ignore it. So what is the point?

Tommy Milone of the A's has asked for a trade. Sounds like something just stupid enough for the Marlins to do, doesn't it?

Cishek for Milone straight up? Maybe throw in an All Star like Jim Johnson?

Not for Cishek, but I would hope that the Marlins are trying to get Millone. They said they were interested in a SP with years of club control beyond this year. Millone fits that description.

Edit: I hope we trade Dietrich for Millone. It's not as if we like Dietrich anyway.

Not for Cishek, but I would hope that the Marlins are trying to get Millone. They said they were interested in a SP with years of club control beyond this year. Millone fits that description.

Edit: I hope we trade Dietrich for Millone. It's not as if we like Dietrich anyway.

Then Dietrich goes over there, hits .285 with 34 homers, drives in 115, and then signs a multi-year deal.

Then his numbers drop off rather drastically, but he's still productive somehow.

His defense does not matter!

Then Dietrich goes over there, hits .285 with 34 homers, drives in 115, and then signs a multi-year deal.

Then his numbers drop off rather drastically, but he's still productive somehow.

His defense does not matter!

Dietrich has a .220/.297/.397 slash line at the big league level. I think it'd be a pretty fair deal and they're interested in Nick Franklin. The Marlins have said they're interested in a SP they can control beyond this year. Millone can be that guy and it's actually rare for a guy like that to be available at this point.

Dietrich has a .220/.297/.397 slash line at the big league level. I think it'd be a pretty fair deal and they're interested in Nick Franklin. The Marlins have said they're interested in a SP they can control beyond this year. Millone can be that guy and it's actually rare for a guy like that to be available at this point.

Dietrich is a Billy Beane special. I'd be very surprised if they weren't interested in him.

Erick, I know, I was being silly.

In a more serious note - if a player states publicly that he wants to be traded, does that not lower his value slightly for a return? The trading team loses leverage, I'd imagine.

I'd be okay with Dietrich for Milone, simply because it seems like the organization has no plans for Dietrich to ever get playing time. Milone's career xFIP of 4.20 makes him essentially Tom Koehler though (4.30) so it's not like he's much more than a "guy" really.

Erick, I know, I was being silly.

In a more serious note - if a player states publicly that he wants to be traded, does that not lower his value slightly for a return? The trading team loses leverage, I'd imagine.

Absolutely. I imagine it's something like:

"Hey, we want Milone."

"Okay, we want *prospect*"

"No, really. You guys have to trade him sooner or later, and we're offering you *not so good prospect* now."

"We really don't want to trade Milone, we see him as a future star in our organization and will only trade him for the right price."

"Nope, we know he wants to leave, so take *crappy prospect* or talk to someone else."

**Cries, trades Tommy Milone for Donovan Solano**

I'd be okay with Dietrich for Milone, simply because it seems like the organization has no plans for Dietrich to ever get playing time. Milone's career xFIP of 4.20 makes him essentially Tom Koehler though (4.30) so it's not like he's much more than a "guy" really.

Unfortunately I agree. For whatever reason they're hellbent on not letting Dietrich play baseball here, so if we can get some value for him, that would be fine. Milone could hopefully improve a bit in the NL East and pitching in Marlins Park, but maybe that's wishful thinking.

Absolutely. I imagine it's something like:

"Hey, we want Milone."

"Okay, we want *prospect*"

"No, really. You guys have to trade him sooner or later, and we're offering you *not so good prospect* now."

"We really don't want to trade Milone, we see him as a future star in our organization and will only trade him for the right price."

"Nope, we know he wants to leave, so take *crappy prospect* or talk to someone else."

**Cries, trades Tommy Milone for Donovan Solano**

Pfft. That wouldn't happen.

Offer Solano for Cespedes, now we're talkin'.

Millone has a career 3.84 ERA in 468.2 innings at the big league level. I'd be just fine with that type of pitcher on the backend of our rotation.

He's a flyball pitcher, soft-tossing lefty with a + changeup. I'm sure Oakland's park has helped him somewhat with the ERA, but our park is pretty big, as well. I think he'd fit in just fine.

Millone has a career 3.84 ERA in 468.2 innings at the big league level. I'd be just fine with that type of pitcher on the backend of our rotation.

He's a flyball pitcher, soft-tossing lefty with a + changeup. I'm sure Oakland's park has helped him somewhat with the ERA, but our park is pretty big, as well. I think he'd fit in just fine.

Last soft-tossing lefty we tried with a plus off-speed pitch didn't work out so well.

Awwwoooooooo!

... OK bad comparison.