Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Dominguez DFA'd

Featured Replies

"The Astros announced that they have designated third baseman Matt Dominguez for assignment in order to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for top prospect Carlos Correa, whose promotion is now official."

 

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/06/astros-designate-matt-dominguez-for-assignment.html

 

How many of the players we drafted in the 1st round in the past 10 years are even in the majors anymore?

 

  • Coghlan
  • Yelich
  • Fernandez

 

In the last 10 years, your list is accurate, if you look even further back the only other first rounder the marlins had that is still in the bigs is Adrian Gonzalez

 

 

  • Author
In the last 10 years, your list is accurate, if you look even further back the only other first rounder the marlins had that is still in the bigs is Adrian Gonzalez

 

​Yup. Would have been 5 players, but Beckett retired. 

 

 

Dominguez was statistically the worst player in baseball last season, so yeah...we should definitely bring him in and let him start every game while we're at it. Need to get that top-5 pick in 2016, right Frisaro?

 

 

  • Author

 

Dominguez was statistically the worst player in baseball last season, so yeah...we should definitely bring him in and let him start every game while we're at it. Need to get that top-5 pick in 2016, right Frisaro?

 

​Hech was the worst by WAR 2 years ago and now he's putting up good numbers. FRISARO IS NOT WRONG HERE. ARE YOU ALL BLIND??

 

No but seriously, Dominguez sucks. 

 

 

  • Author
Like I said for McGehee, if Dominguez gets Solano off the team, I'm for it.

 

​True, but at least Solano isn't starting everyday. Thank heavens for Prado. 

 

 

Like I said for McGehee, if Dominguez gets Solano off the team, I'm for it.

 

​I'd rather have Everth Cabrera. His skillset would probably work better off the bench.

 

 

 

Dominguez was statistically the worst player in baseball last season, so yeah...we should definitely bring him in and let him start every game while we're at it. Need to get that top-5 pick in 2016, right Frisaro?

 

​Well, it wouldn't be the worst idea.  The problem is that he's not going to help us on the MLB team right now.  If we could send him to AAA, I would be all for it.  To do that however, we would have t o pick him up and then DFA him again to see if he clears waivers for us.  

 

Some players take longer to develop than others.  Look at Cameron Maybin.  He is starting in ATL, and having a very nice season so far.  Of course that could change, I understand sample size, but he could also have turned a corner.  

 

Dominguez never had a really high ceiling, but if his defense is as advertised, and he can hit 20-25 homers at 3rd, he might be worth the pickup.  Especially considering that we have no depth at that position in the minors at all.  Hopefully Brian Anderson will turn into that prospect but who knows if he ends up sticking at 3rd.

 

As I said though, the problem is sneaking him into AAA. Of course waiving Solano would also make sense but they aren't going to do that.  

 

 

Is Dominguez the worst player in MLB history to hit a combined 37 HR's in 2 years?

 

 

There is no reason to refuse to adding infield depth anyway. But I think it's just for minor depth. Between Triple A and Major, Dominguez has showed horrible offensive numbers as 3B. Didn't expect too much for him. That's all.

 

 

Like I said for McGehee, if Dominguez gets Solano off the team, I'm for it.

 

​Amen to that! Would be tough to sneak him into AAA though.

 

 

I'd sign him just because of his glove and Pop. 

 

Id waive him if he doesn't turn it around in AAA and call him up if he hits .280. 

 

Anything to get rid of Trollano 

 

 

There's a bizarre amount of hate on this board for a guy that made 48 PA's for this team.

 

​Carlos Lee had 292 AB's for us. I dislike 2012 Carlos Lee as a player far more than I hate Dominguez the player.

 

 

​Carlos Lee had 292 AB's for us. I dislike 2012 Carlos Lee as a player far more than I hate Dominguez the player.

 

I don't think Dominguez is good, but if Prado got hurt he'd be the starter for this team. There wouldn't be anyone else. Our lack of depth at every position but OF is really scary 

 

 

​Well, it wouldn't be the worst idea.  The problem is that he's not going to help us on the MLB team right now.  If we could send him to AAA, I would be all for it.  To do that however, we would have t o pick him up and then DFA him again to see if he clears waivers for us.  

 

Some players take longer to develop than others.  Look at Cameron Maybin.  He is starting in ATL, and having a very nice season so far.  Of course that could change, I understand sample size, but he could also have turned a corner.  

 

Dominguez never had a really high ceiling, but if his defense is as advertised, and he can hit 20-25 homers at 3rd, he might be worth the pickup.  Especially considering that we have no depth at that position in the minors at all.  Hopefully Brian Anderson will turn into that prospect but who knows if he ends up sticking at 3rd.

 

As I said though, the problem is sneaking him into AAA. Of course waiving Solano would also make sense but they aren't going to do that.  

 

​We wouldn't have to DFA him. Astro's DFA'd him to make room on the 40 man. We could claim and option him. And there's plenty of room on the 40 man (I only count 37).

 

 

​We wouldn't have to DFA him. Astro's DFA'd him to make room on the 40 man. We could claim and option him. And there's plenty of room on the 40 man (I only count 37).

 

​I wasn't aware they could do that.  I thought if you claimed a waived player you had to put him on the 25 man roster.  Thanks for the info.

 

 

This just goes to show you not to put too much stock into prospects when factoring trades. So how's Heaney doing?

 

 

"The Astros announced that they have designated third baseman Matt Dominguez for assignment in order to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for top prospect Carlos Correa, whose promotion is now official."

 

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/06/astros-designate-matt-dominguez-for-assignment.html

 

How many of the players we drafted in the 1st round in the past 10 years are even in the majors anymore?

 

  • Coghlan
  • Yelich
  • Fernandez

​Pathetic, and only 2 on this team. 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.