Clark Spencer is Having a Hard Time With the Marlins Lately

We're twenty games under 500 and people complain when changes are made?

but we seem to be in this postion just about every year. It begs the question of how many times can fans be expected to put up with Loria's annual shitstain of a team ? Even the beat writers that cover the team can't  hold it back anymore

I think you have a unique way of minimizing the situation. I think people are upset that the Marlins are 20 games under .500.

im upset about it too. But I'm happy that the team got something for Haren Dyson Latos. Even Cishek. It was the right thing to do in principal.

I don't see how it's amusing to say that six players from the OpeningDay roster are gone, it's the trade deadline and we're sellers. Are the Marlins the only team in baseball to be selling some pieces off? Is it wrong to make changes on a team that sucks?

please bitch about the team being cheap, the gm making poor signings and trades, and the managerial fiasco... But don't bitch about things that are normal for every team in baseball.

Edit: I just specifically reread each of his tweets and I only take issue with the one about the Opening day roster and the one with the term "trade-crazy". Everything else is fair, funny, tongue in cheek, and a general venting. I know the last few days I've seemed insanely irrational on here but it's really only a few specific things. I'm not nuts guys. I'm upset yet still am a fan thus I get defensive with stupidity.

I think you have a unique way of minimizing the situation. I think people are upset that the Marlins are 20 games under .500.

that does suck, but these purge moves were the right moves.

i understand saying "good job cleaning up the pile of shit" is comical in considering they created said pile of shit, that's not being discounted.

but it's kind of dumb worrying and complaining about it. This is all about saving money to get SP in the offseason. I'm viewing this as they secured $20 million to spend at minimum next year by getting rid of these guys.

and if they don't spend it, then I'll get angry

squall, everything you said 1-10 is definitely worth complaining about... but do u think it's right to complain about trading away Haren Latos Dyson Morse... and complaining that we lost six players the week of the trade deadline?

To me its like there's a burning building and the people in the building are complaining that the fire alarm is ringing.

I mean individual moves are what can change a pattern.  These moves were okay.  Haren and Latos are expiring contracts, you get what you can for them.  Dyson has some value because he's pretty good and under team control.

I don't get why Spencer is doing this.  Other teams would do this.  None of them are important pieces unless you wanted to try and sign Latos long-term which seems unwise.

Because we're sellers every year. I think people on this site have a very short term memory. We're 12 years removed from the playoffs also, which is now one of the longest in MLB.

We were not sellers from 2004-09. Aside from 2007, we were in playoff contention every year during that span and were actually a solid team. It's really just the past five years that have sucked.