Jose Fernandez Rumor

Jokersgoon

So basically whoever calls for Jose the Marlins say "Sure, just give us your 2 best young major leaguers and your top 3 prospects." ?

Ok I'm starting to like this Mike Hill guy. 

That means the fish are shopping him though, wake up

Too soon to tell for sure but while us Fish fans have plenty to do complain about, if Mike Hill is truly holding out on Ozuna for top starting pitching and Jose for any teams top 5 players or bust, we should be pretty freaking grateful.

Yes. They will absolutely NOT settle when it comes to Jose

That means the fish are shopping him though, wake up

You don't ask for specific names from multiple teams when you have no intention of shopping him.  Ive never said they have every intention of trading him, but you've consistently denied that they have any intention of trading him because of Mish's "rogue" report when no one else was reporting it.  Now lots of other guys are reporting it and giving details of who exactly he is when he isn't in front of the camera.  For you to consistently deny the truth in any of it is pretty ignorant.  

Be honest with yourself, if the marlins were open to the idea of trading Jose, would your source tell you that?  Hell no.  Why would anyone in the marlins front office admit that unless they were about to close a deal.  That and Mish remains adamant that something will happen.  Im not all over Mish but you and I both know he is connected to people in the Marlins organization.  

Why are the Marlins the only one who have rumors about their top guys and have teams calling and names coming out who the marlins have asked for.  Nobody seems to be calling the Angels for Trout or the Nats for Harper with names of potential trade partners coming out.  Never have I once said the Marlins are going to trade him, but my problem all along has been you completely discounting Mish's report because your source says something different than his.  What makes your source anymore right than his?  At not time would any marlins front office source come out before they have anything close to a deal and say "yeah, we are looking to trade Jose for XYZ reason."  It makes no sense to do so from a fan perspective, negotiating perspective, and team perspective.

For you to consistently deny the truth in any of it is pretty ignorant.  

And now I'm done responding to you.

I guess its outlandish to think teams started to call the Marlins after those reports to see if they could get Jose. And the fish replied with an insane return as they should. In the end, nobody is truly untouchable if a team wants to go bonkers for him. This does not equate to "shopping" a player and no, they hadn't had one talk with anyone prior to that Mish report.

You continue to believe anything you want and I'll continue to talk with people who don't have their head in the sand.

It is feasible that "making progress" is the other team getting more desperate and throwing in more players (as Hill cackles)

Probably not, but making progress doesn't mean actively, eagerly pushing to trade, it just means chatter back and forth is moving forward. The Marlins can be the pretty girl at the bar, disinterested but enjoying the flirting, getting hit on while the guys are kidding themselves that they have a shot

If the Fish are overwhelmed with an offer in terms of quality and quantity, they gotta take it. Jose will test the market due to Boras, and with the state of pitcher contracts only growing larger, the Marlins can offer a lot of money and still be ludicrously outbid. And Jose already turned down a fair deal. 

My major issue is that I have no confidence in the FO to get the right prospects and/or develop them correctly. 

Well said and I agree on all points there

No fuck that, they're gonna give us some whack package of Correa, Keuchel, and Springer

....lord I was kidding, please let it happen.

but yeah, I'm assuming if we did make the trade with the Astros it would include George springer. Idk if they have a good enough pitcher to send us (that theyre actually willing to send) to make this happen. I don't know if I would even really want springer. He's good but idk if it's enough for Jose

Do you have any insight on any of this?

not yet, waiting for a reply. I can't imagine the fish would trade Jose to Houston for a package that doesn't include Correa though

You don't ask for specific names from multiple teams when you have no intention of shopping him.  Ive never said they have every intention of trading him, but you've consistently denied that they have any intention of trading him because of Mish's "rogue" report when no one else was reporting it.  Now lots of other guys are reporting it and giving details of who exactly he is when he isn't in front of the camera.  For you to consistently deny the truth in any of it is pretty ignorant.  

Be honest with yourself, if the marlins were open to the idea of trading Jose, would your source tell you that?  Hell no.  Why would anyone in the marlins front office admit that unless they were about to close a deal.  That and Mish remains adamant that something will happen.  Im not all over Mish but you and I both know he is connected to people in the Marlins organization.  

Why are the Marlins the only one who have rumors about their top guys and have teams calling and names coming out who the marlins have asked for.  Nobody seems to be calling the Angels for Trout or the Nats for Harper with names of potential trade partners coming out.  Never have I once said the Marlins are going to trade him, but my problem all along has been you completely discounting Mish's report because your source says something different than his.  What makes your source anymore right than his?  At not time would any marlins front office source come out before they have anything close to a deal and say "yeah, we are looking to trade Jose for XYZ reason."  It makes no sense to do so from a fan perspective, negotiating perspective, and team perspective.

I guess you've never heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Those rumors fueled the interest that ultimately made them true. Now, I say true loosely because Jose Fernandez is not being shopped, but our management is doing the right thing by showing willingness to listen to a division-changing kind of deal. Also, stop disrespecting Admin, that dude busted his ass for years on this site to get it to be what it is today. If he's ignorant, then maybe your superior insight is better suited over in the mlb trade rumors comment section.

everyone should know now Boras is who we should hate for,he forced us to trade Jose,not Loria.

Nobody forced a trade and he isn't being shopped...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.